Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-07-2015, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 12:23 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Ranting corner
Urgh...

Now that I actually have been to the hospital and have an appointment with a dentist and some hope of getting my consult advanced, NOW the pain fucks off! Angry ... mostly.

Just this morning, I got an emergency appointment for tomorrow at a state-operated dentist place, and now I feel like I've got no agony to show for it (which is true; I haven't hit 8 on the painscale since I was in the ED). Kinda feel like I unrightfully have the appointment now...

I'll go someplace else and take my endless whining with me now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 12:25 AM
(27-07-2015 12:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Urgh...

Now that I actually have been to the hospital and have an appointment with a dentist and some hope of getting my consult advanced, NOW the pain fucks off! Angry ... mostly.

Just this morning, I got an emergency appointment for tomorrow at a state-operated dentist place, and now I feel like I've got no agony to show for it (which is true; I haven't hit 8 on the painscale since I was in the ED). Kinda feel like I unrightfully have the appointment now...

If you had to resort to going into emergency because of how much discomfort it caused you then you rightfully have the appointment, in my opinion.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-07-2015, 01:08 AM

You better not cancel that appointment. I'm glad it doesn't hurt as much, but it will just return -- you need to just get it done. Smile

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-07-2015, 01:19 AM

Well you are taking better pain meds now - that could be part of it. Plus you've been on antibiotics, I hope *that's* the reason you're feeling better.

Glad your appointment got moved up. Sucks that you've had to wait *this* long - my dentist will see patients same day or next for anything that's not a 6 month cleaning. He also has the chairs with the back massagers and pull down tvs to watch as a distraction, but that's beside the point. No need to feel guilty - you *need* to be seen. You are not Tom Hanks stranded on a deserted island - I'd hate to see you try to knock your tooth out with an ice skate out of desperation from having to wait until the apocalypse to get the care you need.

Tooth related rant:
I don't understand why most health insurance plans are separate from dental plans. Completely assanine. Last time I checked my mouth was part of my body and not a separate entity. My brother has multiple teeth that need to be pulled -he doesn't have dental insurance (despite working 50+ hour weeks) and couldn't afford out of pocket for getting them filled, now there's no saving those teeth. (He's been given an estimate of $5000 for the dental work he presently needs) Hell, I had to pay $500 out of pocket for my last tooth WITH dental insurance.

I had a Gautamalen patient once who was afraid to come in to the ER for his tooth (undocumented worker...) abscess and sure as hell couldn't have afforded a dentist - he ended up going to surgery around 8 pm, just four hours after arrival. He wasn't able to open his mouth more than 2 cm. Poor guy. I've also had cardiac patients requiring valve repairs thanks to dental abscesses.

2 1/2 shifts down, 2 1/2 to go. I'm. So. Tired. Hobo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
27-07-2015, 01:36 AM

Maybe if you are lucky...

[Image: 55b55d16189f0.jpeg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-07-2015, 01:44 AM
(27-07-2015 01:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  2 1/2 shifts down, 2 1/2 to go. I'm. So. Tired. Hobo

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2015, 03:41 PM
So a couple of years go we paid thousands of dollars to replace carpet and have out basement torn apart to install drainage tile to prevent flooding in the basement every summer. No water issues other than our sewerline backing up every six months or so because the line was cracked.

So for like two years we have pinched pennies, forgone vacations to save up thousands and thousands of dollars more to replace the sewer line. The two or three day job has extended to a week and counting. They didn't fill in our driveway properly, so a big portion of it eroded right next to our house creating a big sink hole. And guess what?? It's been pouring rain for the last two days, and our basement is flooding again because it's just pouring in at that one spot too fast for the water to drain to the sump pump.

Add to that my husband's truck is in the shop for a week and counting. The problem that they fixed created another problem with the truck, so that's going to cost double.

Add to that I have to try and get the vet to come back to the house for another blood test and a vaccine booster. There's another big chunk of cash, plus they were supposed to give me calming treats and sprays to hopefully make the next visit less traumatizing, but they won't have them until late this week. His booster is due by Friday Dodgy

Then 20 more shitty things about life on top of all else.

Fuck this year. End rant.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
27-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Hug Keep your appointment and take care of yourself.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-07-2015, 03:52 PM
(27-07-2015 03:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  So a couple of years go we paid thousands of dollars to replace carpet and have out basement torn apart to install drainage tile to prevent flooding in the basement every summer. No water issues other than our sewerline backing up every six months or so because the line was cracked.

So for like two years we have pinched pennies, forgone vacations to save up thousands and thousands of dollars more to replace the sewer line. The two or three day job has extended to a week and counting. They didn't fill in our driveway properly, so a big portion of it eroded right next to our house creating a big sink hole. And guess what?? It's been pouring rain for the last two days, and our basement is flooding again because it's just pouring in at that one spot too fast for the water to drain to the sump pump.

Add to that my husband's truck is in the shop for a week and counting. The problem that they fixed created another problem with the truck, so that's going to cost double.

Add to that I have to try and get the vet to come back to the house for another blood test and a vaccine booster. There's another big chunk of cash, plus they were supposed to give me calming treats and sprays to hopefully make the next visit less traumatizing, but they won't have them until late this week. His booster is due by Friday Dodgy

Then 20 more shitty things about life on top of all else.

Fuck this year. End rant.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
27-07-2015, 05:05 PM
There's no good TV shows on and no good movies out (that are available for download, still waiting on someone to rip a decent copy of the Minions movie).