Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-07-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-07-2015 09:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sad sorry it hurts.

Just in case they didn't mention it, take your pain meds around the clock the next two days. So if it's every four hours as needed, make sure you take it every four hours - don't wait til you're hurting badly - it's much more difficult to get the pain under control that way. Up to you if you wanna set an alarm and take it in the middle of the night or sleep through it - but gotta say, waking up after 8 hours with no meds is the worst.

Reminds me of when I had all four wisdom teeth extracted. I was a chipmunk for a month. Hobo

I'd take some now, but I'm concerned about disrupting clot formation...

Can't tell if one has set in, so I'm just replacing my gauze hourly waiting for the blood to decrease.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 10:04 PM
(27-07-2015 10:01 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 09:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sad sorry it hurts.

Just in case they didn't mention it, take your pain meds around the clock the next two days. So if it's every four hours as needed, make sure you take it every four hours - don't wait til you're hurting badly - it's much more difficult to get the pain under control that way. Up to you if you wanna set an alarm and take it in the middle of the night or sleep through it - but gotta say, waking up after 8 hours with no meds is the worst.

Reminds me of when I had all four wisdom teeth extracted. I was a chipmunk for a month. Hobo

I'd take some now, but I'm concerned about disrupting clot formation...

Can't tell if one has set in, so I'm just replacing my gauze hourly waiting for the blood to decrease.

You should be able to swallow a pill, just don't drink using a straw...the suction can goof up the clot formation. Taking a sip or two of water shouldn't.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm glad you were finally able to get that tooth pulled, FT. Hug And I agree with Nurse. Definitely take your pills as often as you are able to (every four hours, or whatever that may be). I had all four wisdom teeth pulled at once by a wonderful maxillofacial surgeon who kindly knocked me out via sedation so I remember none of it - it's the dentists who are evil, mind you Tongue - but afterward, I was sure to take my hydrocodone as the surgeon recommended, which was, even if I didn't feel I needed it at the next dosing point.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
28-07-2015, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 03:56 AM by Free Thought.)
Well, I'm pretty sure the it's clotted now, given that I can't taste blood anymore. Either that, or I've been exposed to so much that I can no longer consciously taste it.

I've been instructed to eat with my "good" side, and nothing which requires too much work.
As such, I've elected to give myself a treat for food after such traumatic an experience, in the form of the incredibly rarely eaten food known as 'ice cream'. Good thing I prefer mine in the form of room-temperature sludge.

Eating next week will be interesting, once I get the first problem tooth removed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-07-2015, 03:53 AM
I'm so fucking bored. And sleepy. I had the hit spot tonight and no one coded or came in with a STEMI or NSTEMI or aortic aneurysm.

And in five minutes I gotta wake my one patient up for a bath and to get her up to the bedside chair. Both of those will be giant not fun challenges - this is not a healthy or sane or mobile person. This shift gets the award for the most boring night ever. And the beginning sucked with my patient too lazy to hit the call button and instead called out "help" so I could cut up her food to her preference. Dodgy

I hate giving baths. Until this job, I'd given three in my career - and those were in the decontamination room. And no, I don't use a sponge.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
28-07-2015, 05:28 AM
FT -- I know the feeling. When I was a kid - my folks took me to a dentist who I swear to this day was a sadist.

He didn't use nitrous oxide, and barely used novacaine.

I had to have all my wisdom teeth out when I was 16 - and he managed to get 3 of the 4 before I all but ran out of the place.

Then I had to go to work at the fast food joint I was working at. I nearly passed out several times at work.
And yeah - having to swallow all the blood didn't help.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 05:51 AM
(28-07-2015 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  having to swallow all the blood didn't help.

That's what she said Evil_monster

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Got an email telling me my PM space was full and someone tired to message me and couldn't. Dodgy

Damnit....had to go delete a bunch of messages.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-07-2015, 06:12 AM
(28-07-2015 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  FT -- I know the feeling. When I was a kid - my folks took me to a dentist who I swear to this day was a sadist.

I had to have all my wisdom teeth out when I was 16 - and he managed to get 3 of the 4 before I all but ran out of the place.

Then I had to go to work at the fast food joint I was working at. I nearly passed out several times at work.

I've never had the sadistic dentist experience. Worst I had was a dentist when I was a young kid, made a habit of telling me off extra hard while doing my fillings. He tuned me off dentists...
At least this tooth-puller didn't give me the kid treatment; I can't stand it when a doctor speaks to me as if I know nothing at all.

Turns out, I'm still bleeding. I think it may be back to gauze for a while. Fortunately for me, I haven't had much pain for the last couple of hours. I'm just tired and worried about the clot forming properly, last thing I need is more problems.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-07-2015, 06:23 AM
(28-07-2015 06:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  FT -- I know the feeling. When I was a kid - my folks took me to a dentist who I swear to this day was a sadist.

I've never had the sadistic dentist experience. Worst I had was a dentist when I was a young kid, made a habit of telling me off extra hard while doing my fillings. He tuned me off dentists...
At least this tooth-puller didn't give me the kid treatment; I can't stand it when a doctor speaks to me as if I know nothing at all.

Turns out, I'm still bleeding. I think it may be back to gauze for a while. Fortunately for me, I haven't had much pain for the last couple of hours. I'm just tired and worried about the clot forming properly, last thing I need is more problems.

did you try ice??? I found it helps -- just stick it in your cheek next to the opening -- don't suck on it (that'll keep the blood flowing)....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post