Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-07-2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
There's a reason I don't watch the news. It's shit I can't do anything about that either pisses me off or breaks my heart or horrifies me. I don't need that kind of stress. I was a CNN junkie in my early to mid twenties - and I realized I had enough drama at work. That, and any of the cases I was involved in were so fucking misconstrued I can't believe a damn thing out of a reporter's mouth these days anyway.

So with all the Fox News and CNN I've had to watch in my patients' rooms the past 5 nights I'm all upset.
I saw a lady fall through the floor at the top of an escalator and introduced me to this little baby who will never know his mom after she died an absolutely horrific death while pushing said baby to safety.
I saw a bunch of little six to eight year olds hauled off by EMS after a tree fell on their tent in California.
I had to listen to Bill O'Reilly's ranting - that man is absolutely fucking insane.
And then they say stuff to get you all riled up - like saying it's not politically correct, racist even, for me to call myself an American. Apparently it's offensive to South Americans. What the fuck ever. When I am talking about my nationality, I'm an American. When I'm referring to my continent, I'm a North American. And if we wanna get really inclusive - I live in the Americas. But fuck you all if you think I'm gonna start saying "citizen of the United States." See, what did I tell ya, bullshit news intentionally trying to piss me off.

Oh - and then there was Christie on there talking about how if he is elected president he's gonna enforce the federal ban on marijuana in states that have legalized it - despite the interviewer saying something to the effect of "you realize 60% of *Republican* millenials support the legalization of marijuana." That man has his head so far up his ass it's sitting back on his shoulders spewing bullshit out of his mouth.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
29-07-2015, 08:42 AM
(29-07-2015 08:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There's a reason I don't watch the news. It's shit I can't do anything about that either pisses me off or breaks my heart or horrifies me. I don't need that kind of stress. I was a CNN junkie in my early to mid twenties - and I realized I had enough drama at work. That, and any of the cases I was involved in were so fucking misconstrued I can't believe a damn thing out of a reporter's mouth these days anyway.

So with all the Fox News and CNN I've had to watch in my patients' rooms the past 5 nights I'm all upset.
I saw a lady fall through the floor at the top of an escalator and introduced me to this little baby who will never know his mom after she died an absolutely horrific death while pushing said baby to safety.
I saw a bunch of little six to eight year olds hauled off by EMS after a tree fell on their tent in California.
I had to listen to Bill O'Reilly's ranting - that man is absolutely fucking insane.
And then they say stuff to get you all riled up - like saying it's not politically correct, racist even, for me to call myself an American. Apparently it's offensive to South Americans. What the fuck ever. When I am talking about my nationality, I'm an American. When I'm referring to my continent, I'm a North American. And if we wanna get really inclusive - I live in the Americas. But fuck you all if you think I'm gonna start saying "citizen of the United States." See, what did I tell ya, bullshit news intentionally trying to piss me off.

Oh - and then there was Christie on there talking about how if he is elected president he's gonna enforce the federal ban on marijuana in states that have legalized it - despite the interviewer saying something to the effect of "you realize 60% of *Republican* millenials support the legalization of marijuana." That man has his head so far up his ass it's sitting back on his shoulders spewing bullshit out of his mouth.

Oh I haven't watched the "news" in probably 3 years (unless something completely huge is going on). Mostly for the reasons you've outlined.

I also found that while I might have missed the story about the African lion being poached, I'm informed enough about what's going on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-07-2015, 05:08 PM
(29-07-2015 08:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There's a reason I don't watch the news. It's shit I can't do anything about that either pisses me off or breaks my heart or horrifies me. I don't need that kind of stress. I was a CNN junkie in my early to mid twenties - and I realized I had enough drama at work. That, and any of the cases I was involved in were so fucking misconstrued I can't believe a damn thing out of a reporter's mouth these days anyway.

What the actual fuck? (in regards to the American thing). How is calling yourself racist towards South Americans? Do they even call themselves South Americans? I would have thought they called themselves Latino or whatever country they're from ie: Brazilian, Mexican etc..

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2015, 05:18 PM
(29-07-2015 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

What the actual fuck? (in regards to the American thing). How is calling yourself racist towards South Americans? Do they even call themselves South Americans? I would have thought they called themselves Latino or whatever country they're from ie: Brazilian, Mexican etc..

That was her using hyperbole to illustrate the usual Bill O'Reilly rant. It was showing how dumb the smokescreen the rightwing knee jerks use to keep their idiots mad at anyone but the people actually fucking them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-07-2015, 05:21 PM
(29-07-2015 05:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What the actual fuck? (in regards to the American thing). How is calling yourself racist towards South Americans? Do they even call themselves South Americans? I would have thought they called themselves Latino or whatever country they're from ie: Brazilian, Mexican etc..

That was her using hyperbole to illustrate the usual Bill O'Reilly rant. It was showing how dumb the smokescreen the rightwing knee jerks use to keep their idiots mad at anyone but the people actually fucking them.

'Murica!

29-07-2015, 06:00 PM
It's. Still. Wednesday! Weeping

29-07-2015, 06:03 PM
(29-07-2015 06:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  It's. Still. Wednesday! Weeping

Sure as fuck is. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-07-2015, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 06:09 PM by Free Thought.)
Never mind, just more whine.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I think I have a cold.

30-07-2015, 08:40 AM
My ears might start bleeding. They're testing the smoke alarms and inspecting the sprinklers in the building. I'd just started drifting off to sleep... It's been 30 minutes. And they keep setting it off.

I could be passed out from drinking a fifth of whisky and still wake up. I guess it's good to know I wont sleep through an alarm and become a human smore. I just can't go back in the bedroom because it's too loud. I just wanna sleeeeep. Damn day walkers.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post