Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-07-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-07-2015 08:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My ears might start bleeding. They're testing the smoke alarms and inspecting the sprinklers in the building. I'd just started drifting off to sleep... It's been 30 minutes. And they keep setting it off.

I could be passed out from drinking a fifth of whisky and still wake up. I guess it's good to know I wont sleep through an alarm and become a human smore. I just can't go back in the bedroom because it's too loud. I just wanna sleeeeep. Damn day walkers.

I used to have a neighbor who woke me up every morning by setting off his own car alarm when he was leaving for work -- at 6 AM. Either he wanted to make sure it worked by "testing" it every morning, or he was too stupid to figure out how to disable it before opening the door. Either way, it was highly annoying.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 09:53 AM
(30-07-2015 09:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 08:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My ears might start bleeding. They're testing the smoke alarms and inspecting the sprinklers in the building. I'd just started drifting off to sleep... It's been 30 minutes. And they keep setting it off.

I could be passed out from drinking a fifth of whisky and still wake up. I guess it's good to know I wont sleep through an alarm and become a human smore. I just can't go back in the bedroom because it's too loud. I just wanna sleeeeep. Damn day walkers.

I used to have a neighbor who woke me up every morning by setting off his own car alarm when he was leaving for work -- at 6 AM. Either he wanted to make sure it worked by "testing" it every morning, or he was too stupid to figure out how to disable it before opening the door. Either way, it was highly annoying.

That's what a pellet rifle is for.

Years ago when I lived in the city (little burg, really) a neighbor had one of the first car alarms I'd ever seen. And like your dimwitted neighbor, ours did the reverse -- and set it off each night as he went to work (3rd shift)..... So -- one fine Saturday - around 10 a.m. -- I observed his blackout curtain go down on his bedroom window - indicating he was going to bed.

I sat up in the upstairs spare bedroom with a set of headphones for some tunes - a twelve pack of beer and a pellet rifle on a benchrest.... It was about a 25 meter shot -- and this rifle grouped less than an inch at that range. I found that a single shot to through the front wheel, striking the disc brake rotor set off the alarm about 75 percent of the time. Shooting through a barely opened window effectively silenced the shot.

I made the alarm go off enough times to enrage the other neighbors - who went over pounding on the dimbulb's door -- waking him up --- and getting him to disconnect the alarm..........

Fun is, where you find it.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I am deeply disturbed tonight. I want to yell that you are a good person--that you don't need god and Jesus to feel good. You are perfect exactly the way you are! Miss, I have too much respect for you. Why have you allowed your happiness and mental wellbeing be diminished. God damn it...

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
30-07-2015, 10:50 AM
(24-06-2015 01:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  After recently breaking up with my girlfriend, I asked this nice gal out ... she says yes, I get her number ... call the next day like a good guy should to figure what she wants to do ... three days later she texts me that she has a lot going on and that I'm nice but it's not a good time for her.

Why the fuck couldn't she have said that to begin with?

... and she was at the open-mic I played last night. Friendly as can be, we talked for a bit, but she didn't stay long enough to hear me play (I went on fifth). She's got a lot going on, but can hang out at a bar on a Wednesday night doing shots of Jaeger and beer?

Probably better off not tripping out, but I hate bullshit. It's hard not to take it personally. Sad

Here's part of what she missed ... forgive the sound quality, my camera is old.

[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-07-2015, 11:14 AM
(30-07-2015 09:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

A few years ago, the people kinda kitty corner from us got a house alarm...

5 am without fail it would go off. But damn they made a lot of enemies. After a month of it happening the police were called by "concerned" neighbor.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-07-2015, 11:42 AM
I was logged into Facebook the other day when an anti-Trans post, written by a supposed mother of three (probably a Christian), crossed my feed. Dodgy

She wrote about how males who want to be females couldn't possibly identify with giving birth, puking in the morning for months, (etc.) and how she's offended that a guy would wear makeup and women's cloths.

Angry I will now make a fake letter and vent.

Dear Mrs. Victim-complex

You say there's more to a woman than pretty legs and make up, and that no male on earth will ever grasp how oh so hard it is for you to be pregnant and be a stay at home mother. You're not frustrated. You're pissed off that a male wants to use products sold to females. You're telling someone else what to do with their own body because you feel oh so offended that they wear lip stick!

Were the majority of females in plastic surgery forced to go? No. Are the vast majority forced to wear makeup in America? NO! Maybe you think toys and media are sinfully manipulating all girls but you to be a certain way. Well, guess what. You're not the snowflake you think you are?

If men have to shut up and accept the godly design your god gave them, then maybe you should smile and accept your position instead of bitching to the public about your period, the need to puke the next morning, and dressing your kids! Or maybe you should just shut up, since your religion doesn't allow to preach to a male in the first place. How's that for Christian morality?

Selfish girls like you have no grasp what it's like to be called a worthless loser by everyone you hold dear, because you were laid off at a job that you had forced yourself to get through and tried your best to do right. You probably don't get shamed for having 30-70 year old virginity, don't get shamed for being a stay at home parent, and expected to behave like an emotionless machine.

You don't seem to know how it feels to come home from a job and instantly get called unloving, because you didn't call your spouse during lunch and listen to her bitch about some third pair of shoes she couldn't quite afford with your paycheck. Do girls like yourself get kicked out of the bed room that you worked and paid for, while your partner pouts all night inside the king sized bed about those shoes? Does society expect you to like that treatment just because you get to fuck occasionally!? Heck, how about a job where you risked your life?

You probably never experienced a false rape allegation that took away nearly everything you worked for despite being proven innocent! When you go to Olive Garden, you possibly don't think about how many men cooked your meal, and I doubt you wonder why restaurants rarely hire male waiters.

When's the last time you were called overly-horny or a potential rapist for looking at nude images!? How many times do people acknowledge your status instead of your skills and feelings?! How many times has someone else looked at you like a thug for feeling frustrated? How many females are called indecent and get arrested for having big boobs under their shirts? When's the last time you avoided the doctor because you think getting help makes you pathetic?

Men also have to emotionally cope with the wife's miscarriage, has anticipations for family, and some change diapers and cloths and send their kids to school to! I'm sick of your kind making excuses and pretending you support equality.

Do the things I just wrote have anything to do with wanting to be another gender? No. You and I both do not understand those people. Unlike you, I don't tell them how to exist. I wonder what more demand, research and funding toward gender body parts could lead to someday? Gee, I don't know. Maybe giving those mutilated by non-consent some new genitals? Maybe by learning to make parts that work someday leading to creating other body parts? No no. Hold everything.... You're offended about a stick of lip glitter. That's apparently more important than letting someone do what they will to their own property!

end vent (I don't like double standard preaching)
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
30-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Well hell there goes my day. Sad

Husband has decided to call in sick.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Sad Saturday plans are cancelled. He texts me that he's moving into a new apartment Sat morning. On the upside just found out he's agnostic. The guy is intelligent, open-minded, kind, interesting sense of humor, strong work ethic, great with kids, just...he's a really great person. I don't know what to think. He's...he's...I shouldn't think anything. His new apartment is 2 hours away from mine. And when he gets into med school, the closest he's considering is 8 hours away, most are 12 or more. Most of the time I'm like - I just need to get laid. But with him? I dunno...he's been my friend for five years. I don't want to risk developing feelings for him and lose my friend when it falls apart. Good friends are few and far between.

My friend here in town has been shady. She was supposed to hang out with me on my wedding anniversary and bailed on me. Can't really blame her for being an extra in a red carpet scene for Nashville, but yanno, I coulda got my hair did, put on an evening gown, worn some heels, and looked fabulous, too. Not like there were auditions - just who you know and looking pretty.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
31-07-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 10:59 AM by DLJ.)
FFS! Flight is delayed by 5 hours.

Three weeks away from home and this is not a happy ending. Less than 24 hours and I'll be flying out again.

I asked the check-in guy why the delay?
"Operational issues"
"Like what?"
"I'm not at liberty to disclose that."

Very reassuring.

It's Malaysian Airlines so, who knows, maybe they misplaced the plane.

Angry

Also the dilemma... go through immigration so I can get something to eat where it's warm or stay outside in the cold where I can smoke.

Sad

31-07-2015, 01:19 PM
This freaking new device keeps trying to second guess my spelling while having NO concept of context.

Horses & lions do not have mains, they have manes! Until we have perfected AI, kindly go *fuck yourself!

And no... NOT *duck: FUCK! Angry

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post