Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-07-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(31-07-2015 07:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meanwhile I've just solved global warming.

#imawesome

That's nice dear.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-08-2015, 01:45 AM
If I suddenly vanish, don't send out a search party. My iPad is acting super weird and then my chances of getting here are limited.

Damn thing isn't functioning right.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-08-2015, 04:17 AM
Scrolling through facebook...
nek minute: "Watch A Tapir Scratch An Itch With His Enormous, Prehensile Penis"

[Image: oscar.png]
01-08-2015, 05:42 AM
Well shit. Left my makeup kit and contacts on the kitchen counter at my apartment. Facepalm Staying in Huntsville this weekend, so my friend and I are doing something after all - he's taking me to the movies tonight. So I gotta wear my glasses and go sans makeup or do four hours of driving for vanity's sake. Unsure

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Fuuuck. That means my jewelry and flat iron are at home, too. Goddammit. And I gotta go for a run and try and stretch out this insane soreness. So I'll have to wash my hair. Meaning my hair product is also at home. Fuck fuck fuck. Mom's makeup is three shades darker than mine - her coloring is so much different I can't wear any of it. She doesn't even use black mascara.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-08-2015, 07:15 AM
(01-08-2015 05:42 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Well shit. Left my makeup kit and contacts on the kitchen counter at my apartment. Facepalm Staying in Huntsville this weekend, so my friend and I are doing something after all - he's taking me to the movies tonight. So I gotta wear my glasses and go sans makeup or do four hours of driving for vanity's sake. Unsure

Or you could go shopping. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Having my phone shut off even though I paid my part of the bill is fracking frustrating.

Plus it's been 103-105 degrees here in Oregon, I'm dying. This weather is absurd.
01-08-2015, 07:42 AM
(01-08-2015 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-08-2015 05:42 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Well shit. Left my makeup kit and contacts on the kitchen counter at my apartment. Facepalm Staying in Huntsville this weekend, so my friend and I are doing something after all - he's taking me to the movies tonight. So I gotta wear my glasses and go sans makeup or do four hours of driving for vanity's sake. Unsure

Or you could go shopping. Consider

Consider True, I don't have to justify my purchases. MAC and Chanel aren't exactly cheap to replace...but I'll use it all eventually anyway. Arghhh - and my hair product is at Sephora which is a different mall.

This makes me sound a whole lot more high maintenance than I really am... I haven't painted my nails in years... Nor had a mani/pedi in years...

01-08-2015, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 08:47 PM by Full Circle.)
Picture this: A huge ocean. A small marked off area labeled on all the charts and at the four corners BIG, YELLOW buoys that mark the boundaries, “Research Only Area”, no fishing, no trespassing.

Add four pleasure vessels anchoring within the said area, one full of divers with gear ready to jump in, another three full of college age adults drinking and partying.

In between our research dives we motor over and in a non threatening way ask if they know where they are. Blank stares. We inform them that they are within an ROA. The divers act surprised and head off to plunder somewhere else but the college students at first try to ignore us, I could see them trying to decide whether to comply or tell us to fuck off.
Then they ask, “where are we supposed to snorkel then?” WTF! Within the 2400 square miles that makes up the National Marine Sanctuary of the Florida Keys there are less than 5 square miles of Sanctuary Preservation Areas. Of those less than 1 square mile is Research Only...Facepalm

I think the percentage of people I meet that I like has dwindled to maybe 10%.

ps On the radio I could here them talking afterwards and one says to the other, “...we were chased out by some liberal scientists.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
01-08-2015, 10:08 AM
(01-08-2015 08:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Picture this: A huge ocean. A small marked off area labeled on all the charts and on the four BIG, YELLOW buoys that mark the boundaries, “Research Only Area”, no fishing, no trespassing.

Add four pleasure vessels anchoring within the said area, one full of divers with gear ready to jump in, another three full of college age adults drinking and partying.

In between our research dives we motor over and in a non threatening way ask if they know where they are. Blank stares. We inform them that they are within an ROA. The divers act surprised and head off to plunder somewhere else but the college students at first try to ignore us, I could see them trying to decide whether to comply or tell us to fuck off.
Then they ask, “where are we supposed to snorkel then?” WTF! Within the 2400 square miles that makes up the National Marine Sanctuary of the Florida Keys there are less than 5 square miles of Sanctuary Preservation Areas. Of those less than 1 square mile is Research Only...Facepalm

I think the percentage of people I meet that I like has dwindled to maybe 10%.

ps On the radio I could here them talking afterwards and one says to the other, “...we were chased out by some liberal scientists.”

Good job, and what an awesome insult to receive! Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post