Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-08-2015 02:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I will never understand why people with full trolleys, or trolleys at all for that matter, insist on using the self-service checkout...

I mean, come on; the trolley takes up a lot of room in the self-service area, so they are actively inhibiting other people by using them. To add to their tendency to occupy an inordinate amount of space, they are almost always full of stuff; all of which could never fit of the single-bag sized placement area on the checkout!
Furthermore, it's just damn slow! It would, in virtually all cases, be faster for the loaded-for-bear trolley pushers to go to the manned checkouts, plus they'd get bags'n shit there too!

I guess what I'm trying to say is: For the love of all that is unholy in Vatican City, stop bringing your trolleys to self-service; you are being a big inconvenience to virtually everybody else around you, including yourself!

Usually I would agree...however, yesterday morning I went to get some groceries and was there around 10 am (Saturday). There were three cashiers. Three. Three freaking cashiers and a dozen or more people in line who were apparently buying enough food for a small country.

I used the self checkout so that I wouldn't have to stand in line for an hour. There are 8 self checkouts in the store where I was and not half of them were being used.

I didn't go to the express lane where there is an item number limit.

Every time I go to this store I am amazed at how clueless management appears to be with regard to traffic flow in the store.

Maybe if management sees that people are having to use self checkout because they don't have enough cashiers they will actually schedule more during busy times. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-08-2015, 03:03 AM
(02-08-2015 02:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I will never understand why people with full trolleys, or trolleys at all for that matter, insist on using the self-service checkout...

I mean, come on; the trolley takes up a lot of room in the self-service area, so they are actively inhibiting other people by using them. To add to their tendency to occupy an inordinate amount of space, they are almost always full of stuff; all of which could never fit of the single-bag sized placement area on the checkout!
Furthermore, it's just damn slow! It would, in virtually all cases, be faster for the loaded-for-bear trolley pushers to go to the manned checkouts, plus they'd get bags'n shit there too!

I guess what I'm trying to say is: For the love of all that is unholy in Vatican City, stop bringing your trolleys to self-service; you are being a big inconvenience to virtually everybody else around you, including yourself!

Don't know how one would even fit into a store. Tongue

[Image: MemphisTrolley.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
02-08-2015, 04:10 AM
(02-08-2015 02:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Usually I would agree...however, yesterday morning I went to get some groceries and was there around 10 am (Saturday). There were three cashiers. Three. Three freaking cashiers and a dozen or more people in line who were apparently buying enough food for a small country.

I used the self checkout so that I wouldn't have to stand in line for an hour. There are 8 self checkouts in the store where I was and not half of them were being used.

I didn't go to the express lane where there is an item number limit.

Every time I go to this store I am amazed at how clueless management appears to be with regard to traffic flow in the store.

Maybe if management sees that people are having to use self checkout because they don't have enough cashiers they will actually schedule more during busy times. Dodgy

Problem is it's cyclical; the SS checkouts lead to fewer people going to the manned stations, which leads to few manned checkouts over time, which leads to more people using the SS-C's which leads to blah blah... Which eventually drags people with goddamned trolleys into the SS-C's, where they just get in the way...

It is however moot for my experiences, as there were plenty of open manned registers; some wait yes, but it is almost always faster for trolleys in my experience to go through them, even with a short wait. It also saves other people their time; depending on their speed and proficiency with the machines, two people with full hand-baskets can go through before a person with a full cart, plus the baskets don't get in the way of other patrons.

(02-08-2015 03:03 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Don't know how one would even fit into a store. Tongue

[Image: MemphisTrolley.jpg]

Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-08-2015, 04:36 AM
(02-08-2015 04:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dodgy

Sorry, I know, I'm troll.....ey Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
02-08-2015, 06:40 AM
(02-08-2015 04:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 04:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dodgy

Sorry, I know, I'm troll.....ey Laugh out load

*sigh*

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
02-08-2015, 10:33 AM
(02-08-2015 06:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 04:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry, I know, I'm troll.....ey Laugh out load

*sigh*

I know, I need help Weeping

[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 03:25 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I ripped my pumpkin plant up. The one pumpkin that survived had it's stem snapped and smashed and a chunk gouged out! Definitely not bite marks.

I tossed it toward the nearest slab of concrete, and it slammed off the metal plate part of the screen door. The neighbor called the cops, and I had to go out and tell them about it. We'll have to see the land lord tomorrow. My mother is now worried that we're going to be evicted from the apartment, and once again tells me how helpless she feels about fixing me!

The entire plant is in the trash, and it's absolutely a flawless reminder of how my concerns and effort don't matter. That's where my worth always was, as far as I'm concerned! Always fucking problem for everybody else regardless IF I try or not. Always the pile of crap! Always the idiot! It doesn't matter if I do what people tell me, Lienda=bad person is 9 out of 10 the RESULT! I'm the one with screws lose in my mind! I'm the freak. I'm the big ol idiot! I'm the pshyco who needs a private room! I'm too TOOPID to help myself as an adult, even though nobody told me CRAP about so much as how to do taxes! A school teacher got as far as "Just answer the questions and don't talk way too much at the interview." My information about how to live by myself ended there! I got told once how to balance a checking account and about the debit card, and that..... WHEN I got a pay check! >:x Prepared me? no.

CAN I WAKE UP NOW?!
02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Annoyed at technology. Son's music camp sent him home with a flash drive that is not coordinating with anything!
02-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Despite being quite unprepared for the adult life that I would soon see and be confused by, everyone around me, I could swear by my thumb, expects a smooth talking, telepathic, emotionless porcelain Barbie! I already have the self-hate part down pat!
02-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Love getting all dressed up for nothing. I had the casual "put a lot of effort into looking hot but made it *look* effortless" look fucking mastered last night. Completely unappreciated. I might as well have been out with my husband - I'd have at least gotten a glance over and a casual "you look nice."

*sigh* You know the movie He's Just Not That Into You - it could be renamed True Life Story of Nurse.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman