Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: Ranting corner
My son and I are on pretty good terms...or so I thought.

Last night he lost his fucking mind at me. I have been his biggest supporter (in many ways) especially since his father bailed when he was four. I have run interference between he and my husband.

He called me a bitch...among other words exchanged...I told him he has till the end of the year to move out. He had the nerve to ask who I think I am. He's lucky that I was in control of my emotions.

I know he's stressed over trying to buy a house and getting outbid...but fuck me - who do I think I am...really - he's a bit more calm today.

I fucking hate people sometimes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 06:05 PM
(02-08-2015 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My son and I are on pretty good terms...or so I thought.

Last night he lost his fucking mind at me. I have been his biggest supporter (in many ways) especially since his father bailed when he was four. I have run interference between he and my husband.

He called me a bitch...among other words exchanged...I told him he has till the end of the year to move out. He had the nerve to ask who I think I am. He's lucky that I was in control of my emotions.

I know he's stressed over trying to buy a house and getting outbid...but fuck me - who do I think I am...really - he's a bit more calm today.

He's frustrated and looked to his mom for a punching bag. I just let them beat on me 'cause I got armadillo skills and shit. Better me than some stranger. Just my opinion as a dad who's been burned by my wife and eldest into buying a property I knew was too far away from his place of employment, don't put additional pressure on his timeline. Help him to realize it.

#sigh
02-08-2015, 06:11 PM
(02-08-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 04:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My son and I are on pretty good terms...or so I thought.

He's frustrated and looked to his mom for a punching bag. I just let them beat on me 'cause I got armadillo skills and shit. Better me than some stranger. Just my opinion as a dad who's been burned by my wife and eldest into buying a property I knew was too far away from his place of employment, don't put additional pressure on his timeline. Help him to realize it.

I know he's frustrated. I get that. It's frustrating and disappointing for me too. But when he has to do something quickly and decides to play video games instead then he needn't look to me when it's the 11th hour.

Poor planning on his part does not constitute an emergency on my part any more.

The deal was that he could stay here as long as he was working toward a degree...he reneged on his part of that deal...he needed a shove toward the edge of the nest.

I will help where I can but not if he isn't making an equal effort.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-08-2015, 07:02 PM
(02-08-2015 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's frustrated and looked to his mom for a punching bag. I just let them beat on me 'cause I got armadillo skills and shit. Better me than some stranger. Just my opinion as a dad who's been burned by my wife and eldest into buying a property I knew was too far away from his place of employment, don't put additional pressure on his timeline. Help him to realize it.

I know he's frustrated. I get that. It's frustrating and disappointing for me too. But when he has to do something quickly and decides to play video games instead then he needn't look to me when it's the 11th hour.

The deal was that he could stay here as long as he was working toward a degree...he reneged on his part of that deal...he needed a shove toward the edge of the nest.

Don't let his frustration infect you is all I'm saying.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-08-2015, 08:04 PM
(02-08-2015 02:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe if management sees that people are having to use self checkout because they don't have enough cashiers they will actually schedule more during busy times. Dodgy

I think it's the other way around ... the self-checks are used to minimize the labor percentage.
02-08-2015, 08:05 PM
(02-08-2015 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I know he's frustrated. I get that. It's frustrating and disappointing for me too. But when he has to do something quickly and decides to play video games instead then he needn't look to me when it's the 11th hour.

Don't let his frustration infect you is all I'm saying.

I understand Girly. But my baby bird needs to use his own wings. He's 28 now...has a good job and it's time. Hugs buddy.

02-08-2015, 08:09 PM
(02-08-2015 03:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Love getting all dressed up for nothing. I had the casual "put a lot of effort into looking hot but made it *look* effortless" look fucking mastered last night. Completely unappreciated. I might as well have been out with my husband - I'd have at least gotten a glance over and a casual "you look nice."

*sigh* You know the movie He's Just Not That Into You - it could be renamed True Life Story of Nurse.

Would you like a dish of Yes, but No? I seem to have a lot of it around.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Just got home from taking my dog to the emergency vet. I wish he could just talk to me, it might have saved me some worry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-08-2015, 10:55 PM
(02-08-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just got home from taking my dog to the emergency vet. I wish he could just talk to me, it might have saved me some worry.

I hope he is okay!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-08-2015, 10:59 PM
(02-08-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just got home from taking my dog to the emergency vet. I wish he could just talk to me, it might have saved me some worry.

We are a confusing, shy animal.

Bad humor aside, hope he is alright.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post