Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-08-2015 10:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just got home from taking my dog to the emergency vet. I wish he could just talk to me, it might have saved me some worry.

I hope he is okay!

From the tests it seems his only real symptom is lethargy. The only thing they didn't do was bloodwork -- because all the other exam stuff showed nothing. They did an ultrasound of his abdomen and did a rectal exam. His temp, heart, blood pressure were all very normal. His weight is very good, same as the last time and he's not overweight.

The vet said the heat could be the problem, causing his arthritis to flare (extreme heat or cold can have a similar affect in animals the vet suggested).

The main verdict is that he's old. They prescribed a low dose med for pain. Tramidol (I think). They said if his symptoms don't improve or become worse (although the pain med can make him sleepy) to bring him back there, they'll do blood work and try a different medication -- the vet doesn't want to put him on something super strong, because he's not showing obvious pain, but she could tell he's stiff when he walks.

He could have a belly ache from the fucking apples that are rotting on the ground...

Gosh, I love that place and wish I could just have them as his regular vet.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-08-2015, 11:14 PM
(02-08-2015 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 10:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I hope he is okay!

From the tests it seems his only real symptom is lethargy. The only thing they didn't do was bloodwork -- because all the other exam stuff showed nothing. They did an ultrasound of his abdomen and did a rectal exam. His temp, heart, blood pressure were all very normal. His weight is very good, same as the last time and he's not overweight.

The vet said the heat could be the problem, causing his arthritis to flare (extreme heat or cold can have a similar affect in animals the vet suggested).

The main verdict is that he's old. They prescribed a low dose med for pain. Tramidol (I think). They said if his symptoms don't improve or become worse (although the pain med can make him sleepy) to bring him back there, they'll do blood work and try a different medication -- the vet doesn't want to put him on something super strong, because he's not showing obvious pain, but she could tell he's stiff when he walks.

He could have a belly ache from the fucking apples that are rotting on the ground...

Sounds like they were very thorough. Could just be he is getting older or got into the apples like you said. I hope he feels like his old self soon enough Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-08-2015, 11:34 PM
(02-08-2015 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 10:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I hope he is okay!

Yeah, it's been weird. Friday the gardeners came and he slept through it. He's never done that. Usually it's bark bark bark.

Today, he was acting really weird, and didn't seem at all interested in food. He pooped earlier. He doesn't seem to want to go down the back steps much anymore. Unless he spies an animal or something. Those steps are wooden and kinda steep (I don't like them either). Sounds like I'll be taking for more walks during the day.

I didn't give him the medication tho tonight. I think I'll try tomorrow. He's pretty whiped out right now. Sad

He'll be 13 in a couple months.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-08-2015, 11:52 PM
(02-08-2015 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  From the tests it seems his only real symptom is lethargy. The only thing they didn't do was bloodwork -- because all the other exam stuff showed nothing. They did an ultrasound of his abdomen and did a rectal exam. His temp, heart, blood pressure were all very normal. His weight is very good, same as the last time and he's not overweight.

Yeah, it's been weird. Friday the gardeners came and he slept through it. He's never done that. Usually it's bark bark bark.

Today, he was acting really weird, and didn't seem at all interested in food. He pooped earlier. He doesn't seem to want to go down the back steps much anymore. Unless he spies an animal or something. Those steps are wooden and kinda steep (I don't like them either). Sounds like I'll be taking for more walks during the day.

I didn't give him the medication tho tonight. I think I'll try tomorrow. He's pretty whiped out right now. Sad

He'll be 13 in a couple months.

All that sounds pretty consistent with what the vet was saying about his arthritis flaring up. I had an older dog with arthritis and she would get like that from time to time as well. She was a fairly healthy dog otherwise. We took her to a therapeutic pool that really seemed to help her arthritis. Some specialty vets have them.
03-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Returned from job interview - apparently to make pizza one should be enthusiastic about taking unusual orders, also one must like cooking, not be actually good in it from what I understand. It looks like I just lost time by going there.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-08-2015, 07:33 AM
(03-08-2015 06:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Returned from job interview - apparently to make pizza one should be enthusiastic about taking unusual orders, also one must like cooking, not be actually good in it from what I understand. It looks like I just lost time by going there.

Hug I'm sorry that didn't work out. you'll find something soon.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-08-2015, 07:43 AM
(03-08-2015 07:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 06:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Returned from job interview - apparently to make pizza one should be enthusiastic about taking unusual orders, also one must like cooking, not be actually good in it from what I understand. It looks like I just lost time by going there.

Hug I'm sorry that didn't work out. you'll find something soon.

Thanks.

I have two more interviews scheduled for tomorrow and probably third if what I'm looking now isn't some scam.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
03-08-2015, 07:57 AM
(03-08-2015 07:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 07:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug I'm sorry that didn't work out. you'll find something soon.

Thanks.

I have two more interviews scheduled for tomorrow and probably third if what I'm looking now isn't some scam.

Good luck Smile
03-08-2015, 07:59 AM
(03-08-2015 07:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 07:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Thanks.

Good luck Smile

Thanks again.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Sorry about the job. You'll get one mate, no worries. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.