Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-08-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-08-2015 08:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry about the job. You'll get one mate, no worries. Smile

I think so too.

I don't really cared about this one but if it is kind of idiocy that awaits me then, well I will be far from happy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
03-08-2015, 08:05 AM
(02-08-2015 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  From the tests it seems his only real symptom is lethargy. The only thing they didn't do was bloodwork -- because all the other exam stuff showed nothing. They did an ultrasound of his abdomen and did a rectal exam. His temp, heart, blood pressure were all very normal. His weight is very good, same as the last time and he's not overweight.

The vet said the heat could be the problem, causing his arthritis to flare (extreme heat or cold can have a similar affect in animals the vet suggested).

The main verdict is that he's old. They prescribed a low dose med for pain. Tramidol (I think). They said if his symptoms don't improve or become worse (although the pain med can make him sleepy) to bring him back there, they'll do blood work and try a different medication -- the vet doesn't want to put him on something super strong, because he's not showing obvious pain, but she could tell he's stiff when he walks.

He could have a belly ache from the fucking apples that are rotting on the ground...

Gosh, I love that place and wish I could just have them as his regular vet.

Yeah, it's been weird. Friday the gardeners came and he slept through it. He's never done that. Usually it's bark bark bark.

Today, he was acting really weird, and didn't seem at all interested in food. He pooped earlier. He doesn't seem to want to go down the back steps much anymore. Unless he spies an animal or something. Those steps are wooden and kinda steep (I don't like them either). Sounds like I'll be taking for more walks during the day.

I didn't give him the medication tho tonight. I think I'll try tomorrow. He's pretty whiped out right now. Sad

He'll be 13 in a couple months.

When I first saw this set of posts I assumed you were talking about your husband...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-08-2015, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 08:27 AM by kim.)
Duplicate. Weird.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-08-2015, 08:22 AM
(03-08-2015 08:19 AM)kim Wrote:  Too slow, too fast .. restless. Also, I think my compulsive meter is a smidge off. I think this past month has thrown me off - sped me up when it was not my idea. Now, it feels like things do not move fast enough.
Yes, including my life. Dodgy

And what the fuck is it with this new keyboard? I can not find shit, for shit!! I have no apostrophy for fucks sake! And it is too small. I can deal with small ... but apostrophy?!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-08-2015, 08:25 AM
(03-08-2015 08:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, it's been weird. Friday the gardeners came and he slept through it. He's never done that. Usually it's bark bark bark.

Today, he was acting really weird, and didn't seem at all interested in food. He pooped earlier. He doesn't seem to want to go down the back steps much anymore. Unless he spies an animal or something. Those steps are wooden and kinda steep (I don't like them either). Sounds like I'll be taking for more walks during the day.

I didn't give him the medication tho tonight. I think I'll try tomorrow. He's pretty whiped out right now. Sad

When I first saw this set of posts I assumed you were talking about your husband...

So did I. Bloody hell!

Mum you are always so kind with your time and thoughts for others. I am very sorry not to have noticed this sooner.

You are your family are in my thoughts and I am wishing you well from afar. Hopefully my kindness and consideration will one day approach that of your yours.

If we could crate all the love and well wishes to you on this forum I think we'd need a pretty big crate. So let us gather our metaphorical crate full of love and support and ship it first class to our beloved mum and her beautiful family.

And don't forget the hugs.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
03-08-2015, 08:28 AM
(03-08-2015 08:04 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 08:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sorry about the job. You'll get one mate, no worries. Smile

I think so too.

I don't really cared about this one but if it is kind of idiocy that awaits me then, well I will be far from happy.

Mate if it is one thing we humans have in abundance, it's idiocy.

Enjoy the ride. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-08-2015, 08:33 AM
(03-08-2015 08:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 08:04 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I think so too.

Mate if it is one thing we humans have in abundance, it's idiocy.

Enjoy the ride. Smile

It would be hard enjoying ride with so many idiots aboard. But that's life.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-08-2015, 10:27 AM
(03-08-2015 08:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, it's been weird. Friday the gardeners came and he slept through it. He's never done that. Usually it's bark bark bark.

Big Grin

I know he's just a dog...but he's my dog and despite his smelliness I love him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-08-2015, 10:30 AM
(03-08-2015 08:22 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 08:19 AM)kim Wrote:  Too slow, too fast .. restless. Also, I think my compulsive meter is a smidge off. I think this past month has thrown me off - sped me up when it was not my idea. Now, it feels like things do not move fast enough.
Yes, including my life. Dodgy

And what the fuck is it with this new keyboard? I can not find shit, for shit!! I have no apostrophy for fucks sake! And it is too small. I can deal with small ... but apostrophy?!

Hug

Really?! None at all? What kind of keyboard is it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-08-2015, 10:31 AM
(03-08-2015 10:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 08:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  When I first saw this set of posts I assumed you were talking about your husband...

Big Grin

I know he's just a dog...but he's my dog and despite his smelliness I love him.

No such thing as *just* a dog Big Grin I totally get it Heart
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post