Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Ranting corner
From a couple of articles I read the toddler was crying for at least half an hour...at that point one of the parents should have left with her while the other parent got the food in to-go boxes.

Perhaps the owner could have handled things better but I kind of understand her frustration.

Disrupting an entire diner for that long shows that the parents of the child had no respect for the other patrons.

Mine weren't allowed to ruin outings for everyone else. After a couple of times being removed from a store or restaurant the issue seemed to no longer be an issue. Then a warning was enough - behave or we leave. They knew I meant it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2015, 05:33 PM
(04-08-2015 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  From a couple of articles I read the toddler was crying for at least half an hour...at that point one of the parents should have left with her while the other parent got the food in to-go boxes.

Perhaps the owner could have handled things better but I kind of understand her frustration.

Disrupting an entire diner for that long shows that the parents of the child had no respect for the other patrons.

Was raining outside and they were on a foot tour. Diner owner should've tried to defuse the situation long before she lost her shit instead of just refusing to serve their pancakes hoping they'd leave on their own. For all the parents knew the kitchen was backed up. Parents should've known better but the owner should've made it clear long before just sitting there festering for 40 minutes until she lost her shit.

#sigh
04-08-2015, 06:18 PM
As parents of a young child they should be at least somewhat familiar with their own kid's behavior patterns.
Being prepared is the name of the game.
04-08-2015, 06:31 PM
(04-08-2015 03:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But why is the behavior not acceptable from one side but it is for the other?

Hobbitgirl, you'll probably come across older women who go around telling young mothers with a huffy attitude, "Well, when MY kids were little I NEVER allowed them to misbehave. They NEVER acted like that."

It's a bunch of bullshit. They have Selective Memory Syndrome. Their kids were just as bratty from time to time as everyone else's kids. They're just snobby bitches, pay no attention to them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
(04-08-2015 06:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 03:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But why is the behavior not acceptable from one side but it is for the other?

Hobbitgirl, you'll probably come across older women who go around telling young mothers with a huffy attitude, "Well, when MY kids were little I NEVER allowed them to misbehave. They NEVER acted like that."

It's a bunch of bullshit. They have Selective Memory Syndrome. Their kids were just as bratty from time to time as everyone else's kids. They're just snobby bitches, pay no attention to them.

Oh, mine did act like brats from time to time. I just did my best not to inconvenience others by removing them from the area when necessary.

Now when I was a kid we didn't act like that out of the very real fear of a very real beating. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-08-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 10:43 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I went to that clinic I don't like very much, and of course...

He got as far as my speech and sound issue that I tried to share on paper (because I think something might be up with my voice box), and simply didn't seem to want to move onto the next time. I suddenly cried in fatigue of this social road block.

Angry

We went to the hospital, and were there for HOURS talking about how upset I was about life. My blood pressure was taken over and over again. It ended with me signing a paper not to hurt myself and someone else. 'tooth grind'

Why can't we JUST examine my voice box and brain without this "you're feelings" bad dream? I had said to my mom "a smiling plastic doll is what is demanded." I believe my culture demands a subservient doll. One that doesn't feel anything but rainbows and puppy fur.
04-08-2015, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 09:37 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Being fake is hard for me to do. (I can't do it really, because I really don't like it.) Are they trying to make me feel less tortured? Well, ok. Can we do this without "think you can avoid hurting yourself tonight." rrrr... Yes, sure.... because this round of SI isn't the urge kind.

Tttthhhhhh
04-08-2015, 09:10 PM
lol, dat awkward moment when your boss texts you and uses the word "cum" (instead of come).

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-08-2015, 09:14 PM
(04-08-2015 09:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  lol, dat awkward moment when your boss texts you and uses the word "cum" (instead of come).

Eeewww.

Now perhaps is the time to ask for a raise.

Er, that may just add to the awkwardness though.....Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-08-2015, 09:36 PM
(03-08-2015 10:22 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I am sitting here pulling my hair out and screaming at the top of my lungs. This girl I know has been on and off with her bf for 5 years.......5 years, not days, not weeks, not months, years. They break up like every freaking month and when they do she plasters her facebook timeline with complaints about how "guys suck" and "i'm tired of crying and getting hurt". Maybe if you fucking learned how to move on and not get back with the guy who you broke up with for the 200th time, you would not get hurt, you would not be crying. Her "friends" do nothing but enable this behavior and not tell her the truth even though it will hurt her feelings. They do not help her make changes in her life that will get her out of this loop and maybe get her a relationship that will actually work so she can be happy for more than a few weeks at a time. Anyone who does try and be truthful with her, she paints as a bad person and removes from her life.Thing is this upsets me so much because I do care a lot about her but I am so close to telling her the truth and getting rid of her from my life because it is so frustrating. End rant.

I've recently left a relationship of two years that ran to similar tides. We went the month of March without talking hardly at all. We had other more minor squabbles, and as I told her the other night, I felt like the last six months was spent fighting a battle against the inevitable.

I'm not going back, I'm looking forward. I want to rescue my friendship with her but we will never be lovers again. It's hard sometimes to get to that place, but I kept, and keep, in mind what my son's mom says -- "You get what you settle for."
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post