Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-08-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-08-2015 07:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  And since this is the ranting corner - the word "moist" is seriously gross.

So, which of these is preferable: damp, steamy, humid, muggy, clammy, dank, wet, soggy, sweaty, sticky?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 08:41 AM
(06-08-2015 07:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  And since this is the ranting corner - the word "moist" is seriously gross.

So, which of these is preferable: damp, steamy, humid, muggy, clammy, dank, wet, soggy, sweaty, sticky?

I prefer swampy.
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2015, 09:27 AM
DAMNIT!!!

I decided to change fork oil in my bike so went and got a quart ... $17.....

Then comes the awful truth...

The bastards didn't put drain plugs on the forks. I check the manual -- you have to remove the forks, and turn them upside down.....

4 hours of work for a 10 minute job - to save a buck in manufacturing.......

Fucking bean counters..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 09:31 AM
(06-08-2015 09:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  DAMNIT!!!

The bastards didn't put drain plugs on the forks. I check the manual -- you have to remove the forks, and turn them upside down.....

No shit hey? I just realized yesterday that my car can only be unlocked manually from the drivers side. There's no lock on the outside of the passenger door. Now that my key fob(?) is dead, if I want to put something in my passenger seat I have to unlock on the drivers side then unlock passenger side from in the car, then go around. Not cool.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-08-2015, 09:32 AM

Sounds like a bit of a fork up...

At least there's an upside... down... fork ... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
(06-08-2015 09:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Sounds like a bit of a fork up...

At least there's an upside... down... fork ... Tongue

Something like that.....

Well -- that job's been put back till after riding season.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Fuck you, mother. Just FUCK YOU.

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
If you're taking 'em off anyway, might as well swap out the seals/bushings and install cartridge emulators (RaceTech makes the best CE's). Cost should be about $45 and $120, respectively, but it will revolutionize the way your bike handles.

It's less than two hours' work; just prop your bike up on blocks beneath the frame, pull the wheel, drop the forks through the triple trees, and get in there! Can be done with some towels, basic tools, and a table-vice, if you have one. Best to have a buddy to help, though, since those springs can be a pain in the ass to compress enough to get the fork caps back on, when all by yourself... not a strength thing, but a "need three hands" situation.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
06-08-2015, 11:21 AM
EA - If it makes you feel any better, we love you... and we KNOW Rev loves you.

Whatever it is, we're here for ya. Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-08-2015, 11:33 AM
(06-08-2015 11:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  EA - If it makes you feel any better, we love you... and we KNOW Rev loves you.

Whatever it is, we're here for ya. Hug

What it is is that my ex-husband and I have joint physical custody of our children. I have them a week, he has them a week, so on and so forth. Well, my ex is kind of a manipulative asshole and is controlling and such and a huge liar. My daughter is often stressed by his behavior and it shows itself as depression, which we have been getting help for her with via medication and counseling.

This is not enough for my mother. She thinks I need to talk more to the counselor about how this is all unhealthy for my daughter in the hopes that somehow this will gain my kids more time with me and less time with their asshole-ish father. She has even said that her and my dad would help out with lawyer fees.

It was stressful enough just getting joint physical custody of them. The way things were going I was afraid I would not even get that much. He had the kids in his pocket at that point and was telling me they wanted to be with him and not me and that I should just give up custody of them to him fully. It took a lot for me to fight as much as I did just to get half custody. I don't think I could deal with the stress of it again. I was physically ill over all that shit.

But my mom comes at me with this attitude that I don't care and implies that I enjoy my weeks off from parenting duties so much that maybe that's what is holding me back from fighting for more time with them. She said well, if the psychologist said it wasn't good for "L" (my daughter) to be around him (my ex-husband) so much, would you consider it (going back to court) for their sake?

Fuck you, bitch, if you think I don't care about my kids. Just because I don't live vicariously through them or guilt trip them every other fucking second doesn't mean I don't care. News flash, mother - you can be just as manipulative and emotionally abusive as my ex and yet he's SOOOOOOO awful for them to be around. Pot, meet the fucking kettle. Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post