Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-08-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-08-2015 05:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 04:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We finally got paid today though too late for us to get our checks into the bank in time to post to our accounts. Undecided

I asked over a month ago for tomorrow off so I could spend time with my granddaughter for her birthday. I got no response so I emailed again on Monday as a reminder. So late today I asked in person and was told no.

Nice. Everyone else in the department can just go tell my boss they are taking off or leaving early, if they bother to show up at all.

It's hard to find another job when I can't take time off to interview. I haven't even had a lunch break for the last two days. Confused

I am worn out and frustrated.

Time to take some "doctor's appointments." And if they break the law and ask what for - "I have a bartholin gland that has abscessed, meaning I have massive amounts of purulent discharge coming out of my vagina." Make 'em regret asking.

I am usually not squeamish...but... ewwwwww!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-08-2015, 05:35 PM
AND NOW IT'S CLEAR BLUE SKIES AGAIN! Jesus Christ this shit needs to make up its god damn mind.

Shit, better go to town while it lasts, to the Muffsmoble!

[Image: oscar.png]
06-08-2015, 05:47 PM
(06-08-2015 09:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 09:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  DAMNIT!!!

I decided to change fork oil in my bike so went and got a quart ... $17.....

Then comes the awful truth...

The bastards didn't put drain plugs on the forks. I check the manual -- you have to remove the forks, and turn them upside down.....

4 hours of work for a 10 minute job - to save a buck in manufacturing.......

Fucking bean counters..................

Sounds like a bit of a fork up...

At least there's an upside... down... fork ... Tongue

A slick pun, there.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2015, 05:56 PM
(06-08-2015 11:36 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And I know the advice that I'll be given is to put my foot down and tell her to stop with this mess, as Rev has advised me to do before. But she will bust out crying and bawling over anything and I hate it and can't stand dealing with that. So I keep my mouth shut and wait for when I can finally move out.

... and in the meantime, enjoy the time off. Being a parent is stressful enough, and you shouldn't feel guilty for both doing right for him and allowing yourself personal time, too. I know -- for eleven years, I had my son 42% custody, and his mother appreciated the breaks she got; she had enough on her plate.
06-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Do I care about your girlfriend having surgery today and you wanting to spend time with her?

[Image: 929c3c3d559602518ff172accd53f6b5.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-08-2015, 06:28 PM
(06-08-2015 05:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 11:36 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And I know the advice that I'll be given is to put my foot down and tell her to stop with this mess, as Rev has advised me to do before. But she will bust out crying and bawling over anything and I hate it and can't stand dealing with that. So I keep my mouth shut and wait for when I can finally move out.

... and in the meantime, enjoy the time off. Being a parent is stressful enough, and you shouldn't feel guilty for both doing right for him and allowing yourself personal time, too. I know -- for eleven years, I had my son 42% custody, and his mother appreciated the breaks she got; she had enough on her plate.

I don't have kids, but I think it is important to recharge your batteries during personal time. If you take care of yourself and your health, you are better at taking care of others, imo.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-08-2015, 06:43 PM
(06-08-2015 06:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 05:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... and in the meantime, enjoy the time off. Being a parent is stressful enough, and you shouldn't feel guilty for both doing right for him and allowing yourself personal time, too. I know -- for eleven years, I had my son 42% custody, and his mother appreciated the breaks she got; she had enough on her plate.

I don't have kids, but I think it is important to recharge your batteries during personal time. If you take care of yourself and your health, you are better at taking care of others, imo.

This is definitely the case. Parenting is a labor of love, and while the love is absolutely incredible, the labor requires much of the loving parent. "Me time" is very important.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2015, 11:23 PM
'Raise this barn song theme'

Screw this town.
Screw this town.
It can go to hell.
Not everyone around, but I want to burn some things in this town.
06-08-2015, 11:26 PM
So went into town, clear blue skies, it starts hammering down as I get to the grocery store. Do my shopping, leave the store and clear blue skies again. Now it's about to hammer down again. WTF EVEN IS THIS!
It's so bizarre, it's gone from clear blue skies to hammering down with rain like half a dozen times in the past 8 or so hours.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-08-2015, 08:42 AM
(06-08-2015 04:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They are your kids. It doesn't sound like she respects that.

She sounds scarily like my momzilla. Hope you are able to get out soon.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should just completely cut my mom out of my life as well. But I would feel bad doing that, especially since they took me back in after the divorce. I just don't know. I wish she would lay off me.