Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-08-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-08-2015 11:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So went into town, clear blue skies, it starts hammering down as I get to the grocery store. Do my shopping, leave the store and clear blue skies again. Now it's about to hammer down again. WTF EVEN IS THIS!
It's so bizarre, it's gone from clear blue skies to hammering down with rain like half a dozen times in the past 8 or so hours.

Did you move to Cleveland? That sounds like a pretty normal day here. As well as having a temperature swing wide enough to drive a hurricane through.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 08:50 AM
(07-08-2015 08:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should just completely cut my mom out of my life as well. But I would feel bad doing that, especially since they took me back in after the divorce. I just don't know. I wish she would lay off me.

She *is* at least doing it for good reasons. I mean, it's nice of her to offer to pay legal fees etc. It seems to me more like she's well-intentioned but unable to see your point of view, or maybe she feels that she has to push her point of view disregarding yours because she feels that the kids are in a bad situation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
(07-08-2015 08:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 08:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should just completely cut my mom out of my life as well. But I would feel bad doing that, especially since they took me back in after the divorce. I just don't know. I wish she would lay off me.

She *is* at least doing it for good reasons. I mean, it's nice of her to offer to pay legal fees etc. It seems to me more like she's well-intentioned but unable to see your point of view, or maybe she feels that she has to push her point of view disregarding yours because she feels that the kids are in a bad situation.

She's being hypocritical if she thinks that my children's father is any more damaging to them than she was to me or my brother.

Sure I suppose she's not the bold-faced liar he is, but she is just as emotionally manipulative. It's very aggravating. She will cry at the drop of a hat and use her emotions to make you feel sorry for her and then cave to her way of doing things. And if you say that what she's doing is overstepping or whatever she'll cry and say "It's just because I care so much." Dodgy

She doesn't care. This is the same woman who, when I was a pregnant teen, told me I ruined their (my parents) reputation in the community. Ever since she said that shit to me, let's face it, I just don't feel like she really cares.

And yeah she thinks she always knows better than me or acts like she cares about them more because she would do all this. Whatever. If she thinks she's so good at it, why doesn't she just take the kids herself. All parents fuck their kids up in one way or another, either by what you do or what you don't do. She needs to step aside and just let me muddle through however I'm gonna do it.

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
I almost died three times on my bike today. 3!!! I'm not even exaggerating.
1st time I'm coming out of Subway with my lunch, I'm standing at my bike which is chained up to a pedestrian traffic light putting my lunch into my bag and a car roles up to the lights, it has to stop because it's red. This guy starts yelling abuse at me regarding my form of travel and I just turn around look at him and his 4 mates crammed into this boyracer typical car and go "at least I'm not the fag in the sausage-fest car". I knew I shouldn't have, it just slipped out. I'm not one to take shit from anyone so it's like an instant reaction. Anyway, I'm a big guy but these guys were all bigger and more of them. The look on his face though, totally worth it. From "lololol" face to "I'm gonna fucking kill you". I'm sure if the security guard wasn't in the car behind him and the light didn't go green he would have tried. Big Grin

Anyway, less than a minute latter I'm riding along and this old hag (like 80 something) in her motorized wheelchair comes out of a store. I'm riding along the path and she's riding across it. She sees me, I see her see me and I'm riding as far to the roadside as possible. She had ample room for us to both pass without touching but what does she do? Instantly starts mouthing off. This old 80 year old hag!! WTF! About how Im not suppose to ride bikes on the footpath and she fucking speeds up. This bitch is trying to run me down. Luckily I scrape (and I mean scrape) past, narrowly missing a sign post and keep riding on.

Three time I'm riding down a ramp not paying attention and my handlebar hits the railing and I basically almost fall off.

So that was my eventful little trip. Never had any issue, bar that whole manager grabbing me while riding along situation, and now I have two in as many minutes.

Old people are fucking crazy.
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
08-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Driving back this afternoon from a college visit to Salem, MA, we came upon a convoy of pickup trucks (literally, dozens) occupying the right lane on 93, all flying Confederate battle flags and NH "don't tread on me" flags and of course Murcan flags here and there. I googled and evidently groups of jackasses have been doing this all summer in other states, clogging up highways and also driving through minority communities and yelling insults, crashing into one another and causing traffic headaches, etc. Ugh. It was disturbing to see so much stupid, so proudly displayed.
08-08-2015, 11:15 AM
(07-08-2015 07:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I almost died three times on my bike today. 3!!! I'm not even exaggerating.
1st time I'm coming out of Subway with my lunch, I'm standing at my bike which is chained up to a pedestrian traffic light putting my lunch into my bag and a car roles up to the lights, it has to stop because it's red. This guy starts yelling abuse at me regarding my form of travel and I just turn around look at him and his 4 mates crammed into this boyracer typical car and go "at least I'm not the fag in the sausage-fest car". I knew I shouldn't have, it just slipped out. I'm not one to take shit from anyone so it's like an instant reaction. Anyway, I'm a big guy but these guys were all bigger and more of them. The look on his face though, totally worth it. From "lololol" face to "I'm gonna fucking kill you". I'm sure if the security guard wasn't in the car behind him and the light didn't go green he would have tried. Big Grin

Anyway, less than a minute latter I'm riding along and this old hag (like 80 something) in her motorized wheelchair comes out of a store. I'm riding along the path and she's riding across it. She sees me, I see her see me and I'm riding as far to the roadside as possible. She had ample room for us to both pass without touching but what does she do? Instantly starts mouthing off. This old 80 year old hag!! WTF! About how Im not suppose to ride bikes on the footpath and she fucking speeds up. This bitch is trying to run me down. Luckily I scrape (and I mean scrape) past, narrowly missing a sign post and keep riding on.

Three time I'm riding down a ramp not paying attention and my handlebar hits the railing and I basically almost fall off.

So that was my eventful little trip. Never had any issue, bar that whole manager grabbing me while riding along situation, and now I have two in as many minutes.

Glad you are okay...but, I'm old and therefore crazy. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 11:42 AM
(07-08-2015 07:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I almost died three times on my bike today. 3!!! I'm not even exaggerating.

[Image: MV5BMTU4OTI4OTI4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA1...17_AL_.jpg]
From the evil forces that brought you Final Destination 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 - the long awaiting Final Destination 6 is happening: a gay boy atheist on his bicycle just trying to make it home from work. Can he beat his destiny if he doesn't believe he has one?"

...ok, going back to sleep now.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
08-08-2015, 12:02 PM
(07-08-2015 07:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ----

Stay off my footpath you young, speed crazed fucker! Angry

Unless of course you intend on running over my neighbor's children ... in which case, you are completely welcome. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
08-08-2015, 12:04 PM
What the actual fuck, U.S. Postal Service? A package was supposed to be here Thursday, it's Saturday and still no package.

But not only that, the friggin' tracking status has changed in over four days. Facepalm

Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, August 6, 2015
August 4, 2015 , 8:43 am Departed USPS Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37230
Your item departed our USPS facility in NASHVILLE, TN 37230 on August 4, 2015 at 8:43 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 3, 2015 , 11:36 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37230
August 3, 2015 , 10:21 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility GAMALIEL, KY 42140
August 3, 2015 , 3:32 pm Shipment Picked Up GAMALIEL, KY 42140
August 3, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
August 3, 2015 , 8:30 am Shipping Label Created GAMALIEL, KY 42140

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-08-2015, 06:21 PM
The river I grew up next to is polluted and orange right now. We used to go down to the riverside and climb around. Horny toad lizards and geese live down there. The geese had a little island in it once. There are more forest fires in our country to. Sometimes I look to the future and only see hate and chaos, 99% courtesy of my own species.

Angry