Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-08-2015, 03:34 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-08-2015 03:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Son of a bitch!

I was trying to tighten up one of the screws in my glasses and I stabbed under my thumbnail!

Glasses suck... You people with functional eyes don't know how easy you have it...

So true. My contacts are dry atm and it burns like hell.

It has been too humid to even consider wearing glasses. I hate glasses anyway if I have to drive - no peripheral vision and I can't wear sunglasses.

I have a modular motorcycle helmet like this...

[Image: 51-ijVPj10L.jpg]

...just because I do have glasses. The flip up face mean I can put on my helmet without needing to remove my glasses; and the retractable inner shaded visor means that I don't need prescription sunglasses, allowing me to ride in any weather with just my regular glasses and a single helmet (I don't have to swap out the primary visor to have a tinted one for the day and a clear one for night-time riding).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-08-2015, 03:38 AM
(09-08-2015 03:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So true. My contacts are dry atm and it burns like hell.

It has been too humid to even consider wearing glasses. I hate glasses anyway if I have to drive - no peripheral vision and I can't wear sunglasses.

I have a modular motorcycle helmet like this...

[Image: 51-ijVPj10L.jpg]

...just because I do have glasses. The flip up face mean I can put on my helmet without needing to remove my glasses; and the retractable inner shaded visor means that I don't need prescription sunglasses, allowing me to ride in any weather with just my regular glasses and a single helmet (I don't have to swap out the primary visor to have a tinted one for the day and a clear one for night-time riding).

There ya go Nurse, all you need is a helmet Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-08-2015, 03:49 AM
(09-08-2015 03:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Son of a bitch!

I was trying to tighten up one of the screws in my glasses and I stabbed under my thumbnail!

Glasses suck... You people with functional eyes don't know how easy you have it...

So true. My contacts are dry atm and it burns like hell.

Last time I was at the eye-doc I tried to put on some sample contacts (at their insistence). All that resulted was my eyes being all teary; couldn't even get them close to on.

Fortunately, my glasses tint so I don't need to wear sunglasses. Doesn't help me in labs, however: I have to put safety glasses on top of my specs in order to actually be allowed in!
Somebody needs to invent safety glasses for the already-glassed, consarn it!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-08-2015, 03:53 AM
(09-08-2015 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Somebody needs to invent safety glasses for the already-glassed, consarn it!

[Image: Visor.gif]

[Image: 71m5U6H9SPL._SL1500_.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-08-2015, 05:48 AM
(08-08-2015 12:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the actual fuck, U.S. Postal Service? A package was supposed to be here Thursday, it's Saturday and still no package.

But not only that, the friggin' tracking status has changed in over four days. Facepalm

Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, August 6, 2015
August 4, 2015 , 8:43 am Departed USPS Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37230
Your item departed our USPS facility in NASHVILLE, TN 37230 on August 4, 2015 at 8:43 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 3, 2015 , 11:36 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37230
August 3, 2015 , 10:21 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility GAMALIEL, KY 42140
August 3, 2015 , 3:32 pm Shipment Picked Up GAMALIEL, KY 42140
August 3, 2015 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
August 3, 2015 , 8:30 am Shipping Label Created GAMALIEL, KY 42140

Well, they finally updated the status.

August 9, 2015 , 2:08 am Arrived at USPS Destination Facility SHREWSBURY, MA 01546

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An
updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS
destination facility in SHREWSBURY, MA 01546 on August 9, 2015 at 2:08 am. The
item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 4, 2015 , 8:43 am Departed USPS Facility NASHVILLE, TN 37230

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 05:57 AM
(09-08-2015 03:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Somebody needs to invent safety glasses for the already-glassed, consarn it!

[Image: Visor.gif]

[Image: 71m5U6H9SPL._SL1500_.jpg]

Touché, salesman.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-08-2015, 06:07 AM
I've worn soft lens contacts since 1976 and quite like them -- but I'm constantly doing stuff that makes their use impractical - like cutting wood, grinding metal, ect....

Plus, I'd now need reading glasses for close up work -- so I'm just better off with glasses....

Although disposables contacts are nice sometimes...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Well today was a total write off.
09-08-2015, 05:34 PM
(09-08-2015 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well today was a total write off.

Don't worry. Tomorrow will be the same.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I wsh my bother would get off the computer.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube