Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-08-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Dodgy If you ask me my preferences, don't get irritated when you don't like the answer. Furthermore, you reaaaally don't want the truth of why I'm not interested in you, dude. Argh - don't push me to saying something cruel, know when to back the fuck off. Angry

So I was talking about the guy I'm going out with on Thursday with a coworker in earshot of a guy that's been gettin a little too fresh at work, and he asks me how old the guy is. "I dunno, late twenties, early thirties." "Would you date a guy in his 40s?" My truthful answer to that is... complicated. This guy is 40ish, I'm not stupid - I know why he's asking. "Nope. Not 40." All huffy he responds, "You just said age doesn't matter." "No - *that* guy's age doesn't matter 'cause I at least know it's close to mine."

It's not actually a date, anyway (albeit a slight bit scandalous - he's an ex of a former friend of mine Angel ). Not like I was gonna let Freshy Fresh know this tidbit. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-08-2015, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 07:29 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I called my Dad today and asked him if the river was stinky. He said it smelled like rotting eggs, looked like yellow paint and was already making the ducks and dear look terrible. Before that, there was a big forest fire at least at least twice. Before that, there was a new neighborhood forming near our house. Before that, people illegally dumped refrigerators, toilets, sofas, magazines, etc. The landfill is still in walking distance! (My length of walking distance anyway.) I once rode in an airplane and looked out the window to see the unamusing reflection of the sun's rays off of glassy spots that went for miles. I've seen quite enough.
09-08-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 07:07 PM by earmuffs.)
(09-08-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well today was a total write off.

Don't worry. Tomorrow will be the same.

True story.

One of my supervisors, one I get along with the best and whom I would consider the best person working at my work (after myself obviously), was bitching to me the other day about how much he's hating work. He was basically saying the exact same shit I've been feeling lately. Under appreciated, sick of all the nit-picking bullshit, that people take shit that doesn't matter way too seriously, that for this job this is about as good as it's gonna get etc..
Good to know I'm not alone. Everyone else seems so god damn stocked with their shitty ass job, it baffles me.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-08-2015, 07:22 PM
(09-08-2015 07:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't worry. Tomorrow will be the same.

True story.

One of my supervisors, one I get along with the best and whom I would consider the best person working at my work (after myself obviously), was bitching to me the other day about how much he's hating work. He was basically saying the exact same shit I've been feeling lately. Under appreciated, sick of all the nit-picking bullshit, that people take shit that doesn't matter way too seriously, that for this job this is about as good as it's gonna get etc..
Good to know I'm not alone. Everyone else seems so god damn stocked with their shitty ass job, it baffles me.

You could set the building on fire.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 07:27 PM
(09-08-2015 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 07:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  True story.

You could set the building on fire.

Oh how I pray that building will burn down, oh how I pray.
Saddly it's 99% concrete and 1% tears.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-08-2015, 09:23 PM
(09-08-2015 07:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You could set the building on fire.

Oh how I pray that building will burn down, oh how I pray.

Baby tears, or Uruk-hai?

[Image: uruk-hai.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-08-2015, 10:16 PM
(09-08-2015 09:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 07:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh how I pray that building will burn down, oh how I pray.

Baby tears, or Uruk-hai?

[Image: uruk-hai.jpg]

The tears of anyone who walks into the building because it's so god damn depressing.

09-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm giving away free hugs to anyone who needs one.
Everyone else can go get bent.

You decide where you belong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-08-2015, 10:42 PM
(09-08-2015 10:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The tears of anyone who walks into the building because it's so god damn depressing.

[Image: your-tears-are-delicious_o_654445.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 08:14 AM
(09-08-2015 03:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Doesn't help me in labs, however: I have to put safety glasses on top of my specs in order to actually be allowed in!
Somebody needs to invent safety glasses for the already-glassed, consarn it!

Uh, Free Thought? They do sell those.

... this is my signature!