Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-08-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-08-2015 07:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Guys, it's not okay to comment on a woman's weight. Even if you are my friend. It's complicated. Dude, I looked "sickly" Dodgy because my blood sugar was low 'cause I needed to eat but was too busy with the twice an hour call outs, hourly bedpan duty for c diff, dealing with low flows and PIs from a positional VAD, a q1h insulin drip, managing CRRT, having to Doppler BPs q2h and the constant repositioning. Not to mention it was the fifth night I've worked in the past 6 days. Fuckin a.

Unless it's a serious, let's have an intervention weight comment, don't fucking say a word if it's not positive. Thanks. Dodgy

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 08:13 AM
The six words a man dreads hearing --

"Does this make me look fat?"

I suspect it's why they invented the French Foreign Legion.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-08-2015, 08:14 AM
(13-08-2015 07:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Guys, it's not okay to comment on a woman's weight. Even if you are my friend.
Unless it's a serious, let's have an intervention weight comment, don't fucking say a word if it's not positive. Thanks. Dodgy

Never? Consider

[Image: anorexia-nervosa-image.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2015, 08:20 AM
(13-08-2015 07:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Guys, it's not okay to comment on a woman's weight. Even if you are my friend. It's complicated. Dude, I looked "sickly" Dodgy because my blood sugar was low 'cause I needed to eat but was too busy with the twice an hour call outs, hourly bedpan duty for c diff, dealing with low flows and PIs from a positional VAD, a q1h insulin drip, managing CRRT, having to Doppler BPs q2h and the constant repositioning. Not to mention it was the fifth night I've worked in the past 6 days. Fuckin a.

Idk what half of that means but you're beautiful and do not let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
13-08-2015, 08:55 AM
(13-08-2015 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 07:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Guys, it's not okay to comment on a woman's weight. Even if you are my friend.

Never? Consider

Clearly she needs an intervention. I get what you're saying. The pic is a bit misleading, though. Anorexia nervosa is much more of a control issue than an "I'm so fat" issue. There's not always body dysmorphia at play.

I intentionally don't own a scale. I know I'm not overweight, nor am I underweight. I don't count calories. I don't diet. I drink whole milk. I'm nowhere near my lowest weight - which I view as positive. I have a mirror in my bathroom. And I don't look sickly. Ok, I look sickly this morning - but it's cause I need to exfoliate and sleep. It's just...comments on my weight really fuck with my head. Which is why it shouldn't be commented on.

It's not ok to call a woman fat, so why is it ok to comment on a thin woman's weight?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
13-08-2015, 09:04 AM
(13-08-2015 08:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's not ok to call a woman fat, so why is it ok to comment on a thin woman's weight?

The one that gets me -- a guy's supposed to remember a woman's birthday -- but somehow - he's never supposed to be able to remember what year she was born, thus negating any possibility of him divulging her age....

Smartass

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-08-2015, 09:17 AM
So, there's this dumbass that lives near me. I have seen him on the road, always driving 5-10 under the speed limit, always hogging the passing lane, not using the center lane to turn left, coming to a complete stop when trying to merge on the freeway, etc, etc, etc. Basically the guy is a douche that can't drive, so much so that myself and a few others recognize him or his car from a distance.

The last time he cut me off on the freeway going 20mph slower than me, I noticed a bumper sticker as I nearly slammed into his tail. "11:11 CE"

wtf is that? TO the Google machine!

11:11 numerology idiocy

DEAR SWEET JEEBUS! He really is a fucking moron. Not just a little, or just a shitty driver, this dude is full on fucktarded. How the fuck do people like this actually exist?

FUCK! I need to move.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
13-08-2015, 09:37 AM
(13-08-2015 08:55 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Never? Consider

Clearly she needs an intervention. I get what you're saying. The pic is a bit misleading, though. Anorexia nervosa is much more of a control issue than an "I'm so fat" issue. There's not always body dysmorphia at play.

I intentionally don't own a scale. I know I'm not overweight, nor am I underweight. I don't count calories. I don't diet. I drink whole milk. I'm nowhere near my lowest weight - which I view as positive. I have a mirror in my bathroom. And I don't look sickly. Ok, I look sickly this morning - but it's cause I need to exfoliate and sleep. It's just...comments on my weight really fuck with my head. Which is why it shouldn't be commented on.

It's not ok to call a woman fat, so why is it ok to comment on a thin woman's weight?

From the pics you post, you look very healthy--a good height to weight ratio. You don't look sickly at all. Like not even a little bit. I think sometimes people say things and they don't take anything else into account (i.e. your busy work schedule).
13-08-2015, 10:38 AM
(13-08-2015 09:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  [...] coming to a complete stop when trying to merge on the freeway [...]

Mary mother of god that is a peeve of mine. 'Round here, these dumbasses stop at a yield sign getting onto the local highway, too. They don't realize that they're endangering my goddamned life. ARGH [Image: w1s4fl.jpg]
13-08-2015, 10:48 AM
(13-08-2015 10:38 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 09:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  [...] coming to a complete stop when trying to merge on the freeway [...]

Mary mother of god that is a peeve of mine. 'Round here, these dumbasses stop at a yield sign getting onto the local highway, too. They don't realize that they're endangering my goddamned life. ARGH [Image: w1s4fl.jpg]

That and roundabouts. WHY IS THIS SUCH A DIFFICULT CONCEPT? We only have a few roundabouts near where I live, but EVERY GODDAM TIME, I get stuck behind some dipshit(s) that stops for an empty roundabout or stop because someone is entering from the other side... Hobo Hobo CensoredCensoredCensored

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post