But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
New Rant:

Is (I thought its was) good enough, a rallying cry of a new generation?

I walked into my local grocery store just a few minutes ago, to pick up two extra ingredients needed for dinner tonight.

As I walked through the door, I noticed some fruit/watermelon on the floor. It wasn't on the swath of carpet as you enter the store, on the linoleum inches from the carpet.

I moved to avoid it.

So, I get to the checkout line with my two items, and tell the person about the mess. He tells another person, who goes over there (I assumed to clean it up).

As I'm walking around to leave, a man falls (slips on the still wet spot), which of course leads to a flurry of activity, from store managers.

One Manager asked person sent to clean it up (this is as I'm walking around the activity to get to the "out" doors), "why wasn't this cleaned properly?"

The reply, "I thought it was good enough."

From what I gather the guy just picked up the peice of fruit or whatever and just left the rest.

They could have simply moved the carpet a few inches -- it's not like it's nailed down.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Damnit. Fucked around too long and now I'm gonna have to get ready in a hurry for my not date tonight. Facepalm

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-08-2015, 02:58 PM
(13-08-2015 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  New Rant:

Is (I thought its was) good enough, a rallying cry of a new generation?

I walked into my local grocery store just a few minutes ago, to pick up two extra ingredients needed for dinner tonight.

As I walked through the door, I noticed some fruit/watermelon on the floor. It wasn't on the swath of carpet as you enter the store, on the linoleum inches from the carpet.

I moved to avoid it.

So, I get to the checkout line with my two items, and tell the person about the mess. He tells another person, who goes over there (I assumed to clean it up).

As I'm walking around to leave, a man falls (slips on the still wet spot), which of course leads to a flurry of activity, from store managers.

One Manager asked person sent to clean it up (this is as I'm walking around the activity to get to the "out" doors), "why wasn't this cleaned properly?"

The reply, "I thought it was good enough."

From what I gather the guy just picked up the peice of fruit or whatever and just left the rest.

They could have simply moved the carpet a few inches -- it's not like it's nailed down.

Facepalm

*pulls up a rocker next to Moms*

These damn kids these days. Whatever happened to "if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well". No pride, I tell ya. Not a daggum ounce.

AND GET OFF MY LAWN!

Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
13-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Boss and owner have both said that it's okay for the young woman I share an office with to get to work whenever-the-hell she gets there. She comes and goes as she pleases most of the time even taking my day off last week. Dodgy

I have been told that it doesn't matter what hours she keeps (she's HR and payroll, my day is spent telling people I don't know where she is or when she will get there) as long as she gets her work done. So she left at noon last Friday and didn't who up again till yesterday.

Today she strolled in late looking like something the cat barfed up. Boss came in about 1:30 and asked where she was...I said I didn't know...and he got pissed at me. Fuck, now I am her keeper - no I don't think so. She had gone home. Has been at work about 11 hours this week. She's salary - she will get paid for 40.

But let me be one minute late or ask to leave one minute early even though I seldom take a lunch break and the bosses lose their fucking minds.

Thankfully a lady who used to work there sent me an email about a potential job. It's time to get off my butt and get out of that damn zoo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Do I risk going into town and praying to FSM that he doesn't shed his tears of noodley goodness upon me?
Or do I stay at home and keep playing Dark Souls?

Right you are TTA, risk it.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-08-2015, 08:46 PM
(13-08-2015 08:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I risk going into town and praying to FSM that he doesn't shed his tears of noodley goodness upon me?

Dark Souls is the obvious answer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-08-2015, 08:52 PM
(13-08-2015 08:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I risk going into town and praying to FSM that he doesn't shed his tears of noodley goodness upon me?

Dark Souls is the obvious answer.

Yea but my legs are getting cramped, need exercise.
I'm not as young as I used to be.
#gettingoldsucks

[Image: oscar.png]
13-08-2015, 08:54 PM
(13-08-2015 08:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dark Souls is the obvious answer.

Yea but my legs are getting cramped, need exercise.
I'm not as young as I used to be.
#gettingoldsucks

[Image: 5218353+_71c583a3c0f819ea951d3b1ab90441b1.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-08-2015, 06:47 AM
(13-08-2015 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Boss and owner have both said that it's okay for the young woman I share an office with to get to work whenever-the-hell she gets there. She comes and goes as she pleases most of the time even taking my day off last week. Dodgy

I have been told that it doesn't matter what hours she keeps (she's HR and payroll, my day is spent telling people I don't know where she is or when she will get there) as long as she gets her work done. So she left at noon last Friday and didn't who up again till yesterday.

Today she strolled in late looking like something the cat barfed up. Boss came in about 1:30 and asked where she was...I said I didn't know...and he got pissed at me. Fuck, now I am her keeper - no I don't think so. She had gone home. Has been at work about 11 hours this week. She's salary - she will get paid for 40.

But let me be one minute late or ask to leave one minute early even though I seldom take a lunch break and the bosses lose their fucking minds.

Thankfully a lady who used to work there sent me an email about a potential job. It's time to get off my butt and get out of that damn zoo.

The real question is whether she's boffing the CEO, the CFO, or both. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post