Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-08-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-08-2015 06:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Boss and owner have both said that it's okay for the young woman I share an office with to get to work whenever-the-hell she gets there. She comes and goes as she pleases most of the time even taking my day off last week. Dodgy

I have been told that it doesn't matter what hours she keeps (she's HR and payroll, my day is spent telling people I don't know where she is or when she will get there) as long as she gets her work done. So she left at noon last Friday and didn't who up again till yesterday.

Today she strolled in late looking like something the cat barfed up. Boss came in about 1:30 and asked where she was...I said I didn't know...and he got pissed at me. Fuck, now I am her keeper - no I don't think so. She had gone home. Has been at work about 11 hours this week. She's salary - she will get paid for 40.

But let me be one minute late or ask to leave one minute early even though I seldom take a lunch break and the bosses lose their fucking minds.

Thankfully a lady who used to work there sent me an email about a potential job. It's time to get off my butt and get out of that damn zoo.

The real question is whether she's boffing the CEO, the CFO, or both. Consider

Putting the F in CFO.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Bought a new tea - Scheherazade - which is a blend of Ceylon tea, coconut, sandal tree and safron. For such refined ingredients it taste suprisingly not well. Or maybe I'm just unsophisticated barbarian? Who knows.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-08-2015, 01:08 PM
(14-08-2015 11:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Bought a new tea - Scheherazade - which is a blend of Ceylon tea, coconut, sandal tree and safron. For such refined ingredients it taste suprisingly not well. Or maybe I'm just unsophisticated barbarian? Who knows.

Or it's stale. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2015, 01:10 PM
(14-08-2015 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 11:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Bought a new tea - Scheherazade - which is a blend of Ceylon tea, coconut, sandal tree and safron. For such refined ingredients it taste suprisingly not well. Or maybe I'm just unsophisticated barbarian? Who knows.

Or it's stale. Drinking Beverage

Possible. But it's about 50 or more blends to choose from so one not tasting as I wish it should isn't tragedy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Oh wow....

Sometimes there's just nothing else to say.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(14-08-2015 01:10 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or it's stale. Drinking Beverage

Possible. But it's about 50 or more blends to choose from so one not tasting as I wish it should isn't tragedy.

50 or more blends to chose from and you pick the blend that tastes like a "sandle"? Consider

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-08-2015, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 03:19 PM by Szuchow.)
(14-08-2015 02:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 01:10 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Possible. But it's about 50 or more blends to choose from so one not tasting as I wish it should isn't tragedy.

50 or more blends to chose from and you pick the blend that tastes like a "sandle"? Consider

It sounded good. And "sandle"? I spelt sandal right (or so I hope), though it should be sandalwood not sandal tree.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-08-2015, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 05:49 PM by Anjele.)
(14-08-2015 06:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Boss and owner have both said that it's okay for the young woman I share an office with to get to work whenever-the-hell she gets there. She comes and goes as she pleases most of the time even taking my day off last week. Dodgy

I have been told that it doesn't matter what hours she keeps (she's HR and payroll, my day is spent telling people I don't know where she is or when she will get there) as long as she gets her work done. So she left at noon last Friday and didn't who up again till yesterday.

Today she strolled in late looking like something the cat barfed up. Boss came in about 1:30 and asked where she was...I said I didn't know...and he got pissed at me. Fuck, now I am her keeper - no I don't think so. She had gone home. Has been at work about 11 hours this week. She's salary - she will get paid for 40.

But let me be one minute late or ask to leave one minute early even though I seldom take a lunch break and the bosses lose their fucking minds.

Thankfully a lady who used to work there sent me an email about a potential job. It's time to get off my butt and get out of that damn zoo.

The real question is whether she's boffing the CEO, the CFO, or both. Consider

She didn't show up today at all.

It's been mentioned as a possibility with the owner.

My guess is that her drinking has worked it's way outside the boundaries of the weekend.

Owner wanted me to run payroll reports for him...told him quite honestly that I don't know how. They took payroll off me months ago...not my gig any more. Let the princess do it when she decides to show up. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-08-2015, 02:58 PM
"Yeeee wizzy. I got my bitches all up own me. I got these rich niggaz all up ownin me." Or something like that.

Dodgy So this is the shit you decide to blare full blast at the pool. Silly rich college kids - this is not mid afternoon music. This is music you blast in the Benz daddy bought you for finishing your freshman year without failing while drunk driving after a night da club. Thanks for fuckin up my chill, yo.
Ok. Couldn't finish my rant. Some chick got up and changed it and now it's Strawberry Wine and a bunch of girls singing off key. I'm way too grumpy for this shit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Re: Ranting corner
I cleaned the whole fucking house really well, a monumental task for me- since I spend all my time cleaning other folks, I let mine go a bit. Bought shit to cook that kids like. Is anyone actually going to visit with their kids and eat here tonight? No, of course not. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post