Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-08-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
You know, have you thought about just taking a time out from men for a while. Maybe go a year without a date and just give yourself time to heal. After a marriage ends you need time to rediscover yourself, and solely focusing on finding a man right now just Isnt going to go well until you've healed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Being a complete Star Trek virgin, as in never seen a single episode or even a 5minute clip for that matter, my flatmate has convinced me to watch the latest Star Trek movie. So I shall do that over a bowl of honey chicken noodle.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-08-2015, 06:16 PM
(16-08-2015 02:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So I have to work tonight and couldn't sleep anymore and wake up to a text with my ex asking if I got the divorce papers in the mail. No I didn't get them in the mail. I called the attorney 6 weeks ago to send me the damn papers. I just love your passive aggressive bullshit, by the way. Super sweet every time I have to go out of the way to make your life easier, and then today is the FIRST time you've come to pick up your son from my apartment instead of me driving to you, and then you again mention the divorce stuff and act like an ass.

So now I'm watching the movie The Other Woman 'cause I wanted to watch a chick flick where I didn't have to think and would make me laugh and feel better, 'cause that's what chick flicks are for. And now I'm sitting here finding I'm relating to it way too much and the wife is talking about how she hasn't dated since she was 24 and how the dating pool used to be...everyone...and now it's a shallow puddle of old. Until this year I hadn't been on a first date since I was 18.

And then I go out with this amazing man and even he isn't an option right now - because he has a girflriend. And I didn't realize he had a girlfriend or I wouldn't have asked him to meet me for coffee (although we met for wine, instead) and to catch up. I don't want to be another woman. Granted I'm not the other woman - it was a quasi date, not an actual date. How the hell does my husband's girflriend sleep at night knowing she's the other woman?

Women should get like a sick day once a month. At least for once I'm recognizing that I'm crazy today. Usually I don't realize it til the next day and am like "oohhhhh, that's why I was an irrational psychobitch." Great design God - I guess it was part of his plan for the owners of tampax to get really rich, so he had to torture women once a month kinda like sacrificial lambs to make it happen.

Weeping

I for one think you're a damn fine woman nurse.

And that is all I have to contribute to this post.

Signed. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Angry Incompetence, incompetence everywhere! And then you're going to get bitchy with me because you're too fucking incompetent to know that you're...what?...incompetent! Angry Angry Angry

<Insert huge wall of text rant here that has HIPPA violation written allllll over it.>

Goddamn I am fit to be tied Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
17-08-2015, 08:24 AM
(17-08-2015 08:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Goddamn I am fit to be tied Angry

That can be arranged Wink Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Had that talk at work today.
Hauled into the office.
team leader: "Muffs, a few of the team members have noticed that your work motivation hasn't been up there lately and so we were just wondering if anything was wrong?"
me: *groan*

[Image: oscar.png]
17-08-2015, 08:31 AM
I was gonna post this is "favorite picture for a laugh at everything else", but fuck it, I'm gonna rant for a minute.

[Image: lhfAVP2.jpg]

This is one of the reasons I took such a long break from these forums. I realize that people are different, and view things from different perspectives. But fucking seriously, this is called The THINKING Atheist. Some of the shit I see people posting in arguments is the antithesis of thinking. We all gang up on the theists when they project their own misconceptions onto atheism, but then it goes on in our debates with each other and no one blinks a fucking eye.

Please, people. STOP FUCKING ASSUMING YOU KNOW WHAT SOMEONE ELSE'S MOTIVES ARE! FUCK!

That whole "when you assume, you make an ass of u and me" is wrong, you just make an ass of U. Projecting your own worldview onto someone else's opinion is just fucking ignorant. I see it all the goddam time around here. Someone starts an honest, pleasant conversation, and then someone else comes in and assumes that they know the thoughts and motivations of others and makes asinine assertions about what the others are ACTUALLY saying. No, fuck you. You don't know shit.

/end rant

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
17-08-2015, 02:29 PM
So... I don't really know whether or not this qualifies as a rant, but on my last two morning commutes, some high school or college girls' running club has come around the corner just in time to block the bike lane in front of me, so I have to slow down and wait for a gap in traffic before I can get around them. The first day, I had to do this several times, because they had split into several groups of runners.

They are simultaneously an obstruction and eye candy. I don't know whether to be annoyed or grateful...
17-08-2015, 03:03 PM
(16-08-2015 05:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You know, have you thought about just taking a time out from men for a while. Maybe go a year without a date and just give yourself time to heal. After a marriage ends you need time to rediscover yourself, and solely focusing on finding a man right now just Isnt going to go well until you've healed.

After living with son's mom for five years, we split. It took me a long time to find myself again.

It's great advice.
17-08-2015, 03:05 PM
(17-08-2015 08:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Goddamn I am fit to be tied Angry

That can be arranged Wink Tongue

Blush

Laugh out load should have known you'd take that out of context Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post