Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I have a cousin who invited my mom to a 'healing event' at her church this weekend (Missionary Baptist). She wants to have a visiting pastor pray over her, in regards to an upcoming outpatient procedure. She feels that it will help her not need to have the procedure.

I find it amusing that in one moment believers will tell you that a surgeons hands are guided by the lord, and the next second they're down the rabbit hole of divine intervention. Which way is it, does he love modern medicine or is he a leading advocate of homeopathy and prayer circles?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2015, 08:10 PM
(18-08-2015 08:08 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  I have a cousin who invited my mom to a 'healing event' at her church this weekend (Missionary Baptist). She wants to have a visiting pastor pray over her, in regards to an upcoming outpatient procedure. She feels that it will help her not need to have the procedure.

I find it amusing that in one moment believers will tell you that a surgeons hands are guided by the lord, and the next second they're down the rabbit hole of divine intervention. Which way is it, does he love modern medicine or is he a leading advocate of homeopathy and prayer circles?

Pfft.

If God wanted her to not have the procedure, he wouldn't have made her ill/injured in the first place, now would he?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-08-2015, 08:22 PM
(18-08-2015 08:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 08:08 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  I have a cousin who invited my mom to a 'healing event' at her church this weekend (Missionary Baptist). She wants to have a visiting pastor pray over her, in regards to an upcoming outpatient procedure. She feels that it will help her not need to have the procedure.

Pfft.

If God wanted her to not have the procedure, he wouldn't have made her ill/injured in the first place, now would he?
The Buddhists would call that sort of thinking "Middle Way"
18-08-2015, 08:46 PM

I was coming to rant about something similar.

I prayed and prayed for my husband to stop smoking, and then divine intervention - God gave him the flu and he was so sick he had to stop smoking."

Riiiiight. Influenza resulting in multiple organ system failure that he barely survived and is the root cause of why he is once again in critical condition 8 months later. But thank you Jesus, at least he stopped smoking! Facepalm

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
18-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(18-08-2015 08:46 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

I was coming to rant about something similar.

I prayed and prayed for my husband to stop smoking, and then divine intervention - God gave him the flu and he was so sick he had to stop smoking."

Riiiiight. Influenza resulting in multiple organ system failure that he barely survived and is the root cause of why he is once again in critical condition 8 months later. But thank you Jesus, at least he stopped smoking! Facepalm
Sometimes all we can do is shake our heads and walk away
18-08-2015, 08:57 PM
(18-08-2015 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So another pay week and we won't be getting paid, at least not when we are supposed to. There will be no direct deposit Thursday morning and I'll be lucky to get paid that day at all.

I have a meeting with a recruiter that morning at 7 to hopefully get on the path to finding something else.

Let them bitch that I am late for work that morning...if my pay is going to be late I figure I have every right to be late. Dodgy

There are laws regarding timely pay. Would you like some help researching them?

I hope your meeting goes well, and you can get out of that shithole.
18-08-2015, 09:03 PM
(18-08-2015 08:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So another pay week and we won't be getting paid, at least not when we are supposed to. There will be no direct deposit Thursday morning and I'll be lucky to get paid that day at all.

I have a meeting with a recruiter that morning at 7 to hopefully get on the path to finding something else.

Let them bitch that I am late for work that morning...if my pay is going to be late I figure I have every right to be late. Dodgy

There are laws regarding timely pay. Would you like some help researching them?

I hope your meeting goes well, and you can get out of that shithole.

I did payroll for years. There's no money. So the laws are kind of moot.

I know there's no money, I am the one who makes all the deposits and reconciles the bank accounts daily.

I also hope the meeting goes well, thank you. I have actually decided to ask my boss for a recommendation. What can he do, fire me? Would be better than working for no pay. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-08-2015, 01:43 AM
(18-08-2015 07:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn my hair is lush and flowing.

[Image: 530362dea3554.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
19-08-2015, 01:56 AM
AT&T just fucking congratulated me on receiving my first bill. Didn't realize that was a thing. Dodgy

If congrats are in order does that mean I'm supposed to throw a party?

Feel free to send me gifts. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-08-2015, 03:00 AM
(19-08-2015 01:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  AT&T just fucking congratulated me on receiving my first bill. Didn't realize that was a thing. Dodgy

If congrats are in order does that mean I'm supposed to throw a party?

Feel free to send me gifts. Drinking Beverage

I own stock in AT&T. When I get my next dividend payment.....i will be thinking of you Nurse.Tongue