Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-08-2015, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 06:44 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Ranting corner
Self-edited to remove unfair commentary.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2015, 05:12 PM
So...no one wants me to carry cash....

It's just amazing how paying with cash gets the similar look as the person paying with a check.

I prefer cash so I won't buy that crap I truly don't need.

Right now, I've got $5 in my wallet, so no, I won't be buying shit until hubby gets paid again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-08-2015, 06:10 PM
(18-08-2015 09:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 08:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There are laws regarding timely pay. Would you like some help researching them?

I hope your meeting goes well, and you can get out of that shithole.

I did payroll for years. There's no money. So the laws are kind of moot.

I know there's no money, I am the one who makes all the deposits and reconciles the bank accounts daily.

I also hope the meeting goes well, thank you. I have actually decided to ask my boss for a recommendation. What can he do, fire me? Would be better than working for no pay. Undecided

The fact that there is no money does not relieve them of their legal obligations, as I'm sure you know.

Best of luck getting the Hell out of there. You deserve better.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-08-2015, 06:13 PM
(19-08-2015 06:35 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  This is going to be so wierd. I have decided to remodel my bass pedal technique completely. Not gonna stop playing heel-toe, but start drawing power from a whole new place on the legs; it's honestly close to impossible to play double bass fast if you draw power from your thighs... Unless I was Tomas Haake, but I'm not.

I'm not schooled in drums at all, completely self-taught, but I've always used my calves with heel-toe for kick drums, even when looking for power. Am I doing it wrong?
19-08-2015, 06:17 PM
(19-08-2015 09:30 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I've been putting my life on hold for my boyfriend for too damn long and I'm the bitch because I don't want to do it anymore.

You might be a lot of things, but "bitch" ain't one of them, ma'am. 'Tis a shame he doesn't recognize what a gem he's found in you. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-08-2015, 06:25 PM
(19-08-2015 02:47 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Where did I say it in an attempt to make a funny?

Someone mentioned that some image mocking a doctor's effort was displayed in their work place, and that Jesus wasn't following rules of sterilization. Oh, was it the other post I left?

"Mocking a doctor's effort deserves to be mocked."

Difficult context...

It means, since the image of Jesus helping the doctor is a mockery of the doctor's effort, the image should be mocked. (Why is this even... No. Fuck it! Fuck trying anymore. I've tried to be playful to small avail for so very long. 'head to desk' I guess the majority of humans want some serious business.)

I think I know what image you are talking about....some people just don't, or won't, get it.

One like this?

[Image: 35d698b0dd4897ea3d9cadeee94b38e6.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-08-2015, 07:02 PM
(19-08-2015 05:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So...no one wants me to carry cash....

It's just amazing how paying with cash gets the similar look as the person paying with a check.

Right now, I've got $5 in my wallet, so no, I won't be buying shit until hubby gets paid again.

The thing I have with people that use money instead of eftpos is when people carry around a shit ton of cash, like wads of $20's and $50's. Literal wads. That's just beyond stupid. A $20 or two, sure whatever no problem, $1000 worth of 50's? ehhhhh

[Image: oscar.png]
19-08-2015, 07:10 PM
(19-08-2015 05:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So...no one wants me to carry cash....

I also carry cash. Enough to buy a drink or a snack during the work week. I also carry cash for tips...some places deduct the credit/debit card fees from tips included on the ticket. I don't like to swipe a debit card for every little thing...mine was hacked Monday...small amount, surprised I even noticed it. If money wasn't so tight, I wouldn't have. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-08-2015, 09:13 PM
(19-08-2015 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I also carry cash for tips...some places deduct the credit/debit card fees from tips included on the ticket.

I did not realize this. Guess there's no way to tell without putting the wait staff on the spot.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
19-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Had to tell off an old man at KFC today.
Cut infront of myself and the couple infront of me. Tapped him on the shoulder

me: "excuse me sir, next time do you mind waiting your turn, there are people that have been waiting much longer than you"
him: giving me a dopy look "oh yea, ok"
me: "It's just rude eh, just have a bit of consideration for other people."

Looked completely embarrassed, as he should. Fucking geriatric motherfucker.
Fucking old people are so god damn rude.

[Image: oscar.png]