Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-08-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Hooray, my phone is broken; screen shattered beyond the point of usability.

Now I have to downgrade back to an of flip-top piece of stone-age trash in order to have a phone. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit if I used my phone as a phone; rarely I text my parents with information about when I'll be home and I pretty much never call anybody ever, so the whole phone-part is inconsequential. However, I used to use my phone for more important stuff; like keeping track of what lectures and labs I have and when, using it as my non head-splitting alarm clock, and general net usage while I'm out and about; I can do literally none of these things on this fucking phone equivalent of a coelacanth.

I suppose I could buy a new 'smart' phone as a replacement, I'd have the money most likely, but frankly I've already blown way over two fortnights worth of budget in the last three days thanks to my iPod (a 6 year old Nano 5) requiring replacement, and more importantly, I was saving my money to get a specific problem fixed, which I need the aid of one of the Overlords to get done, which has not been addressed yet, so I can't spend freely until that is dealt with.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2015, 02:14 AM
And I'm awake.

1:14....

I won't say why.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-08-2015, 03:03 AM
(19-08-2015 06:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 06:35 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  This is going to be so wierd. I have decided to remodel my bass pedal technique completely. Not gonna stop playing heel-toe, but start drawing power from a whole new place on the legs; it's honestly close to impossible to play double bass fast if you draw power from your thighs... Unless I was Tomas Haake, but I'm not.

I'm not schooled in drums at all, completely self-taught, but I've always used my calves with heel-toe for kick drums, even when looking for power. Am I doing it wrong?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
20-08-2015, 04:01 AM
(19-08-2015 06:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 02:47 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Where did I say it in an attempt to make a funny?

Someone mentioned that some image mocking a doctor's effort was displayed in their work place, and that Jesus wasn't following rules of sterilization. Oh, was it the other post I left?

"Mocking a doctor's effort deserves to be mocked."

Difficult context...

It means, since the image of Jesus helping the doctor is a mockery of the doctor's effort, the image should be mocked. (Why is this even... No. Fuck it! Fuck trying anymore. I've tried to be playful to small avail for so very long. 'head to desk' I guess the majority of humans want some serious business.)

I think I know what image you are talking about....some people just don't, or won't, get it.

One like this?

[Image: 35d698b0dd4897ea3d9cadeee94b38e6.jpg]

I doubt having a halfway trained carpenter guide you will do much. I'd rather have Chef Ramsay standing over me yelling: "THAT LIVER IS AS ROTTEN AS YOUR TALENT! WAKE UP YOU DONKEY!"

20-08-2015, 07:07 AM
(20-08-2015 03:03 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 06:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not schooled in drums at all, completely self-taught, but I've always used my calves with heel-toe for kick drums, even when looking for power. Am I doing it wrong?

My teacher wrote this book. As far as i know he is the most advanced on double kick.

Double bass drum freedom

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-08-2015, 07:26 AM
(20-08-2015 07:07 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 03:03 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

My teacher wrote this book. As far as i know he is the most advanced on double kick.

Double bass drum freedom

I can't really afford books or lessons from anybody these days, dispite Donati being one of the best drummers in the world.

Out of everything I need to focus on my left leg and foot far more. You're only as fast as your weak leg.

20-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Techincally it is possible to use your whole leg to power out a 200 bpm + rhythm, but then I would have to be as fit as Nick Menza was in his 20's, or as crazy fit as Pete Webber, and he's sort of one of a kind:

And the technique I showed earlier is the same Gene Hoglan uses, and he's one of the fastest period (without triggers)

20-08-2015, 07:47 AM
(20-08-2015 02:14 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm awake.

1:14....

I won't say why.

Wild, hot and sweaty sex? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2015, 09:47 AM
(20-08-2015 12:15 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

(20-08-2015 12:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Don't let the idiots get you down mate. I'm gonna have a sleep.

They're not getting me down, they're riling me up.

Rest well and feel better on the morrow.

TOMORROW! THE GOD DAMN WORD IS TOMORROW NOT MORROW!!1!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-08-2015, 09:58 AM
*ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post