Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-08-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-08-2015 09:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 12:15 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

They're not getting me down, they're riling me up.

Rest well and feel better on the morrow.

TOMORROW! THE GOD DAMN WORD IS TOMORROW NOT MORROW!!1!

The OED says different.

Morrow - The following day:
1. on the morrow, they attacked the city

1.1 The time following an event: in the morrow of great victory, will they show some equanimity?

1.2 The near future: we have the religious enthusiast who takes no thought for the morrow

Tomorrow: Today's morrow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2015, 10:26 AM
(20-08-2015 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  *ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE*

?

Quote:The OED says different.

The OED can fuck off and die.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
20-08-2015, 12:35 PM
FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! FUCK!

I just found out that another friend lost their father last night. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!

Fuck.

Weeping

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
20-08-2015, 12:47 PM
(20-08-2015 12:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Awake at zero-dark-fifteen because of pain. Weeping

Have an appointment at pain clinic Friday morning to see if I qualify for a long-term pain management program.

Long term? WTAF? Don't they know how fuckin' old I am? Facepalm There is no long-term. Dodgy

Just give me the freakin' prescription. Angry

I'm there with you. I have a degenerative bone disease in my hip that never ceases pain. The VA won't give me the full replacement that they would use because they say I'm too young -- fair enough, I understand they need to hold costs down. But they don't offer the partial replacement ("crowning"), and my parks job does not offer benefits.

Not often I wake up in pain, but goddamn, it would be nice to have a little relief.
20-08-2015, 12:51 PM
(20-08-2015 02:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hooray, my phone is broken; screen shattered beyond the point of usability.

Now I have to downgrade back to an of flip-top piece of stone-age trash in order to have a phone. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit if I used my phone as a phone; rarely I text my parents with information about when I'll be home and I pretty much never call anybody ever, so the whole phone-part is inconsequential. However, I used to use my phone for more important stuff; like keeping track of what lectures and labs I have and when, using it as my non head-splitting alarm clock, and general net usage while I'm out and about; I can do literally none of these things on this fucking phone equivalent of a coelacanth.

I suppose I could buy a new 'smart' phone as a replacement, I'd have the money most likely, but frankly I've already blown way over two fortnights worth of budget in the last three days thanks to my iPod (a 6 year old Nano 5) requiring replacement, and more importantly, I was saving my money to get a specific problem fixed, which I need the aid of one of the Overlords to get done, which has not been addressed yet, so I can't spend freely until that is dealt with.

Not sure where you live, but I got my smartphone (a Windows phone, not as capable as an iPhone but pretty powerful still) for $35 at Target. I use PAYG with ATT, and for $60/month I get unlimited calls and text domestically, and 4 gigs of data, with additional data packages available. Living out in the country, I am able to use the phone for WiFi. It does all the alarm/notepad/PDA stuff you're looking for, obviously.
20-08-2015, 12:55 PM
(20-08-2015 12:35 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I just found out that another friend lost their father last night. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!

Fuck.

Weeping

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-08-2015, 03:47 PM
it took some time to understand the motion I need to do play "better" double bass or single stroke bass patterns in general. It's tough to get used to and tempting to use the whole leg, but I try to keep the motion purely in the ankle, creating a hit every time my heel goes down.

And my mind is BLOWN. AQUILES DOES IT. AND AQUILES IS MY FUCKING HERO.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
21-08-2015, 02:01 PM

Fuck.

Weeping

As we go along in life, we reach ages where predictable things start to happen to us and our acquaintances.
After university, it seems everyone is getting married, then everyone's grandparents are dying, then everyone is having kids, then everyone is divorcing, then everyone's parents are dying, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-08-2015, 03:58 AM

Fuck.

Weeping

Sorry to hear this. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 05:34 AM
The cunt who came up with region-locking should be treated to Scaphism until expiration.

That is all.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.