Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-08-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-08-2015 10:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Fuck you Talk o' Texas Okra Pickle jar! Now I've hurt my right thumb. Not badly, but enough to where I can't use it to open the jar. My left thumb is still bruised from opening a spaghetti jar two weeks ago.

Why the fuck do these jars have to be so fucking difficult to open?!

I hate taking out the trash, and opening jars, and taking my car to get the oil changed. I don't want to adult right now. I really, really don't.

Goddamn fucking jar. Angry

For the jars, go out to an auto-parts store and get yourself a small oil-filter wrench.

For the oil change, it's an easy job. Learn how to do it yourself, and turn a two-hour wait into a 30-minute thing. Depending on your car, you could perhaps get double-duty out of the above-mentioned filter wrench. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Isn't Texas full of steers and queers?

Just kidding never been there. Smile

I am feeling the effects of the chemo shot into my spine last week. I feel very weak and negative.

My 86 year old dad came by and brought me a 2 Lt orange juice. Yay I love orange juice. Plus a hamburger. I reckon I have not had a burger in many many months.

Then my brother came to pick up my dad and brought me a 3 Lt orange juice! He also brought some chicken breast for me to cook tonight. How I will cook is beyond me. It took me two hours to get the strength to get up to turn off the light earlier!

So I am not ranting about an abundance of juice in the house. Just about the chemo I suppose.

Thanks for listening.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-08-2015, 11:58 PM
To open jars simply use a spoon to wedge under the lip and push the handle towards the jar. This will let the vacuum seal give and you can open the jar normally.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-08-2015, 02:19 AM
ugh. Even my hair hurts. Not sure if it's infection, antibiotics, or withdrawal. Probably all three. At least I haven't gotten called into work.

And my couch is uncomfortable because it's a futon. At least it was free.

And the damn pickled okra lid is still on the jar. Weeping

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-08-2015, 02:31 AM
(24-08-2015 02:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  ugh. Even my hair hurts. Not sure if it's infection, antibiotics, or withdrawal. Probably all three. At least I haven't gotten called into work.

Um, what exactly have you been doing with this pickle jar???

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-08-2015, 03:01 AM
(24-08-2015 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 02:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  ugh. Even my hair hurts. Not sure if it's infection, antibiotics, or withdrawal. Probably all three. At least I haven't gotten called into work.

Um, what exactly have you been doing with this pickle jar???

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Because it won't fucking budge! Sadcryface2

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-08-2015, 03:08 AM
(24-08-2015 03:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 02:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um, what exactly have you been doing with this pickle jar???

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Because it won't fucking budge! Sadcryface2

Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Difficult-Jar

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2015, 03:30 AM
(24-08-2015 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Because it won't fucking budge! Sadcryface2

Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

Sadcryface thanks EK. Beating it with a knife plus kitchen gloves finally worked.

Guess who's eating okra, now? THIS GIRL!

Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?! Who the fuck eats pickled okra other than chicks and old people with old people arthritic hands?!

I don't know why I'm so fucking mad at this okra jar, but I do at least realize it's not rational. Fucker. Censored

[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
24-08-2015, 03:37 AM
(24-08-2015 03:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

Sadcryface thanks EK. Beating it with a knife plus kitchen gloves finally worked.

Guess who's eating okra, now? THIS GIRL!

Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?! Who the fuck eats pickled okra other than chicks and old people with old people arthritic hands?!

I don't know why I'm so fucking mad at this okra jar, but I do at least realize it's not rational. Fucker. Censored

[Image: A1m7ILu.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-08-2015, 03:42 AM
(24-08-2015 03:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?!

It's to protect the food that's being pickled from getting infected with bacteria.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post