Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-08-2015, 08:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Fantucking fastic.

I've lost the screw which was barely holding one of my lenses into the ol' frames. I say 'barely' because the lens doesn't even fit the frame now anyway but it mostly stayed in where I needed it.
But now... I'm going to have to go around half blind tomorrow until I can get to my optometrist's local outlet and hope they will be so kind as to help me out.

Actually, come to think of it, this might actually be the perfect opportunity for me; might be able to register for a checkup there and hopefully get new, less bulky lenses is possible.

Side-note: has anybody here stopped and taken appreciation for the effort it takes to keep one eye closed for extended periods?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2015, 08:12 AM
(24-08-2015 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Side-note: has anybody here stopped and taken appreciation for the effort it takes to keep one eye closed for extended periods?

Yeah. I took part in full contact fights as a kid and often had an eye closed over. But that was from training. The eye was just closed though. i did not have to close it. My partner did that for me. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-08-2015, 08:13 AM
(24-08-2015 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've lost the screw which was barely holding one of my lenses into the ol' frames. I say 'barely' because the lens doesn't even fit the frame now anyway but it mostly stayed in where I needed it.

Paperclip? You can stick a lot of things together with a paperclip. Paper, for one...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-08-2015, 08:16 AM
(24-08-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've lost the screw which was barely holding one of my lenses into the ol' frames. I say 'barely' because the lens doesn't even fit the frame now anyway but it mostly stayed in where I needed it.

Paperclip? You can stick a lot of things together with a paperclip. Paper, for one...

If I had one, I might try it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2015, 08:26 AM
(24-08-2015 03:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Difficult-Jar
Sadcryface thanks EK. Beating it with a knife plus kitchen gloves finally worked.

Guess who's eating okra, now? THIS GIRL!

Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?! Who the fuck eats pickled okra other than chicks and old people with old people arthritic hands?!

I don't know why I'm so fucking mad at this okra jar, but I do at least realize it's not rational. Fucker. Censored

From Uncle Chas's Helpful Household Hints:

Hold the jar firmly in one hand, then smack the bottom of the jar smartly with the other.
You will actually hear the seal break. The jar will open easily.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-08-2015, 11:07 AM
(24-08-2015 03:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Take a hefty butterknife, and whack the edge of the lid right about where the seal should be with the backside of the knife. Sometimes a good light dent is enough to break the seal and release enough vacuum pressure to allow you to easily open the lid. Works wonders on jelly, jam, pickle jars and the like.

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Difficult-Jar
Sadcryface thanks EK. Beating it with a knife plus kitchen gloves finally worked.

Guess who's eating okra, now? THIS GIRL!

Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?! Who the fuck eats pickled okra other than chicks and old people with old people arthritic hands?!

I don't know why I'm so fucking mad at this okra jar, but I do at least realize it's not rational. Fucker. Censored

The bolded part is my question. The qualifiers are irrelevant.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
24-08-2015, 11:13 AM
(24-08-2015 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Fantucking fastic.

I've lost the screw which was barely holding one of my lenses into the ol' frames. I say 'barely' because the lens doesn't even fit the frame now anyway but it mostly stayed in where I needed it.
But now... I'm going to have to go around half blind tomorrow until I can get to my optometrist's local outlet and hope they will be so kind as to help me out.

Actually, come to think of it, this might actually be the perfect opportunity for me; might be able to register for a checkup there and hopefully get new, less bulky lenses is possible.

Side-note: has anybody here stopped and taken appreciation for the effort it takes to keep one eye closed for extended periods?

Eye-patches, dude.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
24-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Aaaaand something in my laptop has decided that I'm not allowed to play games anymore. Think it's either one of the RAM blocks or the graphics card. With my luck it's the later.
25-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I've been feeling off for a little while now; it's a around the time for me to usually get a nice ol' flu, so that's what I figured I had.
But it was only a weak feeling of discomfort in the back of my throat for a few days and it calmed down.

Wake up this morning: "Heeey motherfucker! Remember me? 'Cause I've made billions of little copies! Hope you like coughing and being exiled to your room!"

On the bright side, this gets me out of having to give a speech today.

25-08-2015, 04:48 PM
(25-08-2015 04:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wake up this morning: "Heeey motherfucker! Remember me? 'Cause I've made billions of little copies! Hope you like coughing and being exiled to your room!"

Lol, you reminded me of a meme that has been dead for a loooong time

Frankly I think I know why it's dead.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."