Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-08-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-08-2015 11:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Isn't Texas full of steers and queers?

Dodgy

Ahem...I am neither of those.

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Potential job opportunity may have arisen.
Like a decent job too. Not that I'm particularly fussy, I would likely accept a cleaning position for ISIS at this point.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
25-08-2015, 05:18 PM
(25-08-2015 05:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Potential job opportunity may have arisen.
Like a decent job too. Not that I'm particularly fussy, I would likely accept a cleaning position for ISIS at this point.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
25-08-2015, 07:39 PM
So, talked with my potential new boss. Sounds like the job will be pretty full on, lots of knowledge required (which they will teach me). As in a big fat book I have to memorize. Also it will involve a fair bit of travel, as in overseas travel.
Salary plus commission. Fingers and toes crossed.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
25-08-2015, 07:43 PM
(25-08-2015 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, talked with my potential new boss. Sounds like the job will be pretty full on, lots of knowledge required (which they will teach me). As in a big fat book I have to memorize. Also it will involve a fair bit of travel, as in overseas travel.

Hope you get it and it's all you want it to be. Short of a big sack of money for no effort, of course.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-08-2015, 07:54 PM
(25-08-2015 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, talked with my potential new boss. Sounds like the job will be pretty full on, lots of knowledge required (which they will teach me). As in a big fat book I have to memorize. Also it will involve a fair bit of travel, as in overseas travel.

Hope you get it and it's all you want it to be. Short of a big sack of money for no effort, of course.

Me too. Though I do hope it is a big sack of money for no effort.

side note: about to beat the chess program on my phone. I don't know why that makes me so happy but it does. Probably because Im in a good mood.
Nothing could get me do- oh wait, I just remembered I have work tonight.. annnnnnnnnd pissed mode engaged.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
25-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Wait...overseas as in US?!

You could finally take me up on my offer! You never said yes...but you never said no Tongue

If it's any consolation, I'm a really great cook.Drinking Beverage

Really, though, that sounds like an awesome opportunity. Hope it works out for you. Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
25-08-2015, 09:30 PM
(25-08-2015 09:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Wait...overseas as in US?!

You could finally take me up on my offer! You never said yes...but you never said no Tongue

If it's any consolation, I'm a really great cook.Drinking Beverage

Really, though, that sounds like an awesome opportunity. Hope it works out for you. Heart

It would involve a bit of US travel from time to time. Conventions and such.
Though that would only be to Huston, Dallas and maybe LA. The travel is more Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Australia.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-08-2015, 04:01 AM
(24-08-2015 03:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Why the fuck do they make jars so fucking hard to open?!

It's to protect the food that's being pickled from getting infected with bacteria.

I'm not saying I want to die a slow death from botulism, but if Italy can make their olive jars easy to open, why can't Texas make their jars that user friendly?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
26-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Re: Ranting corner
My dad ordered some fancy olives from Italy, and they came in vacuum sealed plastic bags. I opened them all. Big Grin Maybe we can find okra in bags?
[+] 2 users Like mecanna's post