Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-08-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-08-2015 09:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 09:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Wait...overseas as in US?!

You could finally take me up on my offer! You never said yes...but you never said no Tongue

If it's any consolation, I'm a really great cook.Drinking Beverage

Really, though, that sounds like an awesome opportunity. Hope it works out for you. Heart

It would involve a bit of US travel from time to time. Conventions and such.
Though that would only be to Huston, Dallas and maybe LA. The travel is more Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Australia.

Muffs in Dallas? Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 05:38 AM
(26-08-2015 04:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:42 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's to protect the food that's being pickled from getting infected with bacteria.

I'm not saying I want to die a slow death from botulism, but if Italy can make their olive jars easy to open, why can't Texas make their jars that user friendly?

Probably because everything is supposed to be bigger in Texas, including muscles or maybe they expect Texans to shoot the jar.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
26-08-2015, 05:40 AM
(26-08-2015 05:38 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 04:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm not saying I want to die a slow death from botulism, but if Italy can make their olive jars easy to open, why can't Texas make their jars that user friendly?

Probably because everything is supposed to be bigger in Texas, including muscles or maybe they expect Texans to shoot the jar.

That's exactly what we do! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Man, those people who say "it doesn't cost anything to be nice" do not appreciate how hard I have to work at it. Weeping

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 07:34 AM
(26-08-2015 06:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, those people who say "it doesn't cost anything to be nice" do not appreciate how hard I have to work at it. Weeping

Just tell them "it doesn't cost anything to be a cunt either. Asshole."

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
26-08-2015, 09:17 PM
So like... I got the job. A job that I think is actually better than my dream job (dream job being a stockbroker. Obviously owning my own business is my primary goal/dream but as far as jobs, working for someone else, stockbroker would have been my top pick. But this job is actually better so...). It's all pretty surreal to be honest and nothing has been signed yet, it's all in words, so I'm not as excited as I should be because I know from past experience not to get excited until you sign along the dotted line. But...

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
26-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Had a bomb dropped on me this morning by my ex-husband. He's getting married next year apparently and he and his fiancee are buying a house roughly 85 miles away from Waco. They are going to close on it at the end of next month.

So basically he proposed that the kids come live with him and I could get them every weekend (and he would *so generously* drive them out to Waco to me every weekend) and then for a month and a half during the summers and then holidays we'd split like normal.

(For reference, our arrangement as-is is joint physical custody with me getting them a week, and then him getting them a week, and so on and so forth)

Needless to say this upset me. Our decree states that the children are to live within two specified counties in Texas and if he moved them, it'd be violating the decree. And even more importantly, the kids are stressed enough as it is when they visit him for just a week at a time. How much worse would it be if they were with him damn near ALL the time?

I told him no way, no how. I would never agree to their being moved that far and them losing so much time with me (the one semi-healthy environment they have). Shockingly, he has said that he understands and could we reverse the proposed arrangement and he get the kids every weekend, etc.?

I've gotta talk it over with the kids and get their thoughts on the whole thing. It'll mean a new "old" school yet again because I am not moving to the district they are currently in (which sucks because my daughter seems to really like it there), and it'll mean a tighter budget for me, Rev, and the kids than I had originally anticipated, but I gotta say, this could be really great for everyone.

Heh, this is turning out not to be such a rant after all. But when my ex dropped that news on me, it fucked up my morning something awful.

Anyway, Rev and I are now wondering what the catch is to my ex so easily agreeing to losing much of his visitation time. Consider

26-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Quote:Had a bomb dropped on me this morning by my ex-husband.

Literally or figuratively?

Quote:Our decree states that the children are to live within two specified counties in Texas and if he moved them, it'd be violating the decree.

Sounds like problem solved to me.

side note, I see why you don't move to Merryland now. Didn't know Rev was dating a baby-mamma.

Quote:Anyway, Rev and I are now wondering what the catch is to my ex so easily agreeing to losing much of his visitation time. Consider

I can answer that.
Children are a pain. They're small, they have big heads, they're loud and have no space awareness.
So it becomes simple math. Spend time with someone who's gonna give you a bj or spend time with someone who's gonna give you a headache.

This Muffs life advice was brought to you by tampax. Tampax: a bandaid for your lady front butt, now ith 20% more absorbing power for those heavier times.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-08-2015, 09:43 PM
(26-08-2015 09:34 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Had a bomb dropped on me this morning by my ex-husband. He's getting married next year apparently and he and his fiancee are buying a house roughly 85 miles away from Waco. They are going to close on it at the end of next month.

So basically he proposed that the kids come live with him and I could get them every weekend (and he would *so generously* drive them out to Waco to me every weekend) and then for a month and a half during the summers and then holidays we'd split like normal.

(For reference, our arrangement as-is is joint physical custody with me getting them a week, and then him getting them a week, and so on and so forth)

Needless to say this upset me. Our decree states that the children are to live within two specified counties in Texas and if he moved them, it'd be violating the decree. And even more importantly, the kids are stressed enough as it is when they visit him for just a week at a time. How much worse would it be if they were with him damn near ALL the time?

I told him no way, no how. I would never agree to their being moved that far and them losing so much time with me (the one semi-healthy environment they have). Shockingly, he has said that he understands and could we reverse the proposed arrangement and he get the kids every weekend, etc.?

I've gotta talk it over with the kids and get their thoughts on the whole thing. It'll mean a new "old" school yet again because I am not moving to the district they are currently in (which sucks because my daughter seems to really like it there), and it'll mean a tighter budget for me, Rev, and the kids than I had originally anticipated, but I gotta say, this could be really great for everyone.

Heh, this is turning out not to be such a rant after all. But when my ex dropped that news on me, it fucked up my morning something awful.

Anyway, Rev and I are now wondering what the catch is to my ex so easily agreeing to losing much of his visitation time. Consider

Sounds like you're the one who'll have to make the drive back and forth every weekend now. That may be the catch.

I hope it all works out for you! Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-08-2015, 09:49 PM
(26-08-2015 09:34 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Had a bomb dropped on me this morning by my ex-husband. He's getting married next year apparently and he and his fiancee are buying a house roughly 85 miles away from Waco. They are going to close on it at the end of next month.

I don't think you two can alter the terms of the custody decree. The court has to approve the change. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post