Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-08-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: Ranting corner
For fuck's sake!! I was just reading about Dr. Strange, a new Marvel movie that is about to come out next year. So, as usual, in this movie some asshole wanted to be original and extremely anti-sexist, so the famous Ancient One, the teacher of Dr. Strange, will no longer be an ancient Tibetan guy, but a nice looking, blond female. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S THE ANCIENT ONE!!! Not fucking Tilda Swinton!

[Image: tilda-swinton-marvel-doctor-strange-anci...g__oPt.jpg]

And here I was, thinking that they can't do worse than a black Johnny Storm. Yeah, great, brother of a blond white girl. So now he is adopted, great. No, wait, SHE was adopted in Fantastic 4, yes.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2015, 08:10 AM
(27-08-2015 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Damn. It's dinner time, but I have to get off my ass and go to the grocery store because I'm missing a necessary ingredient. Angry

Food. Drinking Beverage

At least you can eat when you get the necessary ingredient. I'm having a medical procedure Monday that requires a restricted diet starting today. Almost everything that I normally eat is on the "restricted" list.
28-08-2015, 08:16 AM
(28-08-2015 07:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S THE ANCIENT ONE!!! Not fucking Tilda Swinton!

Misogynist geek. Laughat

Imma watch the fuck out of that movie. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-08-2015, 08:20 AM
(28-08-2015 07:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  For fuck's sake!! I was just reading about Dr. Strange, a new Marvel movie that is about to come out next year. So, as usual, in this movie some asshole wanted to be original and extremely anti-sexist, so the famous Ancient One, the teacher of Dr. Strange, will no longer be an ancient Tibetan guy, but a nice looking, blond female. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S THE ANCIENT ONE!!! Not fucking Tilda Swinton!

And here I was, thinking that they can't do worse than a black Johnny Storm. Yeah, great, brother of a blond white girl. So now he is adopted, great. No, wait, SHE was adopted in Fantastic 4, yes.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

Is this being directed by Peter Fucking Jackson? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 04:18 PM by Deidre32.)
Rant for today...

People on FB who feel the need to post these deep, melodramatic 'quotes' about love in an attempt to show how loving they are, and how they are always perpetual victims. The quotes go something like this...''Know that you did your best to love, but that the other person just isn't as capable of love as you are.'' Or ''If someone tells lies about you that is just cruel. That is not love, for true love would never do such a thing.''

Some shit like this. One quote here and there, fine. Not every day, a barrage of quotes from the same person. I can't figure out if she is trying to gain attention or pity. But, she is getting close to being on my unfollow list. Angry

ETA, now I love quotes as you all know Big Grin...and even these types of quotes aren't bad, if they are not constantly being posted.

I can't believe I let this upset me. I had a great day today, I shouldn't let this upset it. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
28-08-2015, 04:14 PM
(28-08-2015 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 07:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  For fuck's sake!! I was just reading about Dr. Strange, a new Marvel movie that is about to come out next year. So, as usual, in this movie some asshole wanted to be original and extremely anti-sexist, so the famous Ancient One, the teacher of Dr. Strange, will no longer be an ancient Tibetan guy, but a nice looking, blond female. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S THE ANCIENT ONE!!! Not fucking Tilda Swinton!

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

Is this being directed by Peter Fucking Jackson? Consider

I didn't know his middle initial was 'F'. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-08-2015, 04:16 PM
(28-08-2015 08:16 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 07:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT'S THE ANCIENT ONE!!! Not fucking Tilda Swinton!

Misogynist geek. Laughat

Imma watch the fuck out of that movie. Big Grin
Me too!! Smile

AND...Where the fuck have you been Filox!?! Hug my favorite little bong-hazed squirrel.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-08-2015, 05:59 PM
While I can't say anything is wrong -- I'm just feeling awful. Not sick or anything...

Just...

I dunno. Sadcryface

I'll see everyone on Monday.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-08-2015, 06:11 PM
(28-08-2015 05:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While I can't say anything is wrong -- I'm just feeling awful. Not sick or anything...

Just...

I dunno. Sadcryface

hugs - feel better

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-08-2015, 07:06 PM
(28-08-2015 05:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While I can't say anything is wrong -- I'm just feeling awful. Not sick or anything...

Just...

I dunno. Sadcryface

I hope you feel better soon. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart