Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-08-2015, 05:10 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I had a deep discussion about time travel and now my head hurts.

If going back in time were actually possible and you could effect changes in your past, would you still remember the other things you wanted to change?

Or would changing one thing, cause a paradox where you couodn't recall the other stuff and would be doomed to have to repeat the process to fix various parts?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2015, 05:13 PM
(31-08-2015 05:00 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I didn't know you and I worked at the same place. Dodgy

Our programmer wants to keep the crap he has cobbled together over the years that isn't sufficient for what the company needs. But since he is the only one who can make it do anything...he's kept around and paid extremely well. He's making bank while the company is circling the drain.

I've run into this a few times. One had software so old, they had to pay the guy to come out of retirement to update it to work on Windows 7. It was a very very basic Customer Relationship Management software. Even though I showed them a few off the shelf CRM solutions that were affordable, they still chose to pay the guy more than what we'd have spent on new software. Sometimes I wish I knew what was going on in the heads of people that make these decisions, but mostly I'm glad I'm not stupid enough to understand them.

The 'new' email software we were switched to a few months ago (at the urging of the same programmer) is worthless. No spell check, you can not copy and paste in or out of it, if you forward an email you received that has an attachment that attachment ends up lost in space. It often takes hours to receive email which is real handy when you are trying to reset a login and have a set amount of time to respond to the email.

I suggested we just switch to AOL and while we are at it - dial up.

I can't say the guy is stupid...he figured out how to be a complete screw up and make a pretty good living at it. Dodgy

He's a master at 'baffle 'em with bullshit'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-08-2015, 05:17 PM
(31-08-2015 05:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 05:00 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I've run into this a few times. One had software so old, they had to pay the guy to come out of retirement to update it to work on Windows 7. It was a very very basic Customer Relationship Management software. Even though I showed them a few off the shelf CRM solutions that were affordable, they still chose to pay the guy more than what we'd have spent on new software. Sometimes I wish I knew what was going on in the heads of people that make these decisions, but mostly I'm glad I'm not stupid enough to understand them.

The 'new' email software we were switched to a few months ago (at the urging of the same programmer) is worthless. No spell check, you can not copy and paste in or out of it, if you forward an email you received that has an attachment that attachment ends up lost in space. It often takes hours to receive email which is real handy when you are trying to reset a login and have a set amount of time to respond to the email.

I suggested we just switch to AOL and while we are at it - dial up.

I can't say the guy is stupid...he figured out how to be a complete screw up and make a pretty good living at it. Dodgy

He's a master at 'baffle 'em with bullshit'.

That right there is why every single IT job I've ever taken has come with a warning. "Our last guy turned out to be an idiot. Nothing works right."

On a nearly daily basis, I find something set up so horribly wrong that I can't even fathom why anyone would think it was a good idea.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
31-08-2015, 05:21 PM
For everybody ranting about their 8 hours at work being too much; fuck you, cause I worked fucking 12 hours worth of farm labor today. And I did all this crap with my already terrible case of flatfoot and a twisted ankle.

I just fucking love havesting season. The Chirstmas season is all about sugarcoating our feelings and pretending that we like eachother. But in late summer harvesting with no time and fuckloads of stress, we all let eachother know what we really feel about eachother:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
31-08-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 10:19 PM by Free Thought.)
Being blamed for the spread of a viral infection is simply wonderful.

Oh wait, no it isn't. And fuck you for blaming me for it. You can be 'not happy' about it all you want, but fuck you for blaming me for it. I can't control being infected by a virus. I can't control it spreading. I can't even control my coughing reflex, so go take your blame and fuck yourself with it.

Even if I didn't need food or drink, and stayed in my room all the time, odds are the virus would have been passed to you anyway, shithead, thanks to them having a tendency to be fucking airborne and the fact that my room isn't hermetically sealed.

Moreover, the cohabitant of your floor goes around coughing just as much as I am and has been doing it for longer by their own statement, so don't go blaming me when there is an additional possible vector of viral transmission, with which you sleep.

Furthermore, you've got what could at worst be described as a very mild cough which has been present at most half of one day; if you are going to assume I was the source of infection, it would be reasonable to also assume you would follow the same track of symptomatic progression as I did: I had been feeling off for a week prior to the onset of coughing, which itself lasted almost a week prior to the onset of affirmative symptoms of pharyngitis i.e. inflamed and red throat and tonsils, and pain, etc.
As such, either you've been sick for as long as I have, something else has infected you, or you are bullshitting, as your symptom progression does not match mine given the time-frame available; you would have had to have been infected during the my initial 'symptomatic' period, throughout which there was no method of viral transfer which could be applied, for me to have been the viral vector.

So again, go fuck yourself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
31-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Who ever is bugging my Free Thought....

Fuck you!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-08-2015, 08:43 PM
That same quote poster is back on FB that I mentioned the other day in here. I have decided to unfollow ...it's the only way out. >_<

Today's gem "Be good to yourself and know that not many people will be as good to you, as you are to them.''

Oh gosh....shuuuut uppppp....you sanctimonious Censored !!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 6 users Like Deidre32's post
31-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Games where you fight a giant boss, watch a long cutscene, and then have to fight waves of enemies, but the last save point was before the boss battle. RAAAAAAAAAAGE
I'm looking at you Final Fantasy X Censored

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
01-09-2015, 10:22 AM
[Image: eCxbChK.gif]
My Gwynnies! Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2015, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 04:38 PM by Lienda Bella.)
'ring... ring.... ring..'
I was chuckling, then then answered it with "hello?"
Silence...
Silence...
silence...
Mr. Butt-hurt-about-nothing-little-bitch answers, and the I can barely hear him at all. It's all muffled like... hmm.. like his head and phone are both up his stuffy ass! "Mrs. (out last name.)?"

Me being not very amused by the length of rude silence: "This is her daughter."

Him "bbbll bl llb 'mumble mumble' mumble mumble?"

Me "What?"

He keeps mumbling a bunch of "bbbll bl llb 'mumble mumble' mumble mumble?"

Me: "I don't understand you."

He barely utters "Care to get a better attitude? 'click'"
Busy tone.

Me "GOD! WHAT A #$%$#% $#%! 'slam"