Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-09-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Some days I fucking hate having to deal with other human beings. The amount of incompetence that can be contained in high concentrations is astounding.

I go to the store to get smokes. I see them behind the customer service counter, so I go there where I am told "you have to go to the registers to get cigarettes". uhhh, ok. SO, I go wait in the ONE FUCKING LINE that's open and the guy at the register is scanning each item, looking at it, and then making some comment to the customer. This customer has two carts full of groceries. I finally get up to the cashier who, get this, HAS TO GO TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO GET MY FUCKING SMOKES! FUCK.

Go to ring out, card declined. I had JUST used this same card to buy lunch and I know there is more than enough money in the account. WTF. Ok... The bank is just down the road.

Get to the bank to find out my card number had been compromised in a hack. They sent me another card, but I haven't gotten it yet. They decided to cancel my existing card before I got the new one, though. Why the fuck did they think that was a good idea?!?! Because I haven't received the new card, they have to issue another one and they can't re-activate my existing card.

So now I have to wait some indeterminate amount of time for a card that may or may not arrive.

All this, and I haven't had any nicotine in a few hours. Someone is gonna fucking die.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-09-2015, 01:21 PM
So I'm welding on the subframe of an almost-completed project (hanging an accessory that needed a tab), when a guy walks into my work area. I don't advertise the company on the outside of the building, and the front side of the building is shared (not directly, but connected physically) with some guys who do custom car-work. He just walks in, apparently having seen the sparks from the road since he came from that direction and not around from the front of the building, and looks at other half-built bikes and a couple of our runabouts that we keep for the shop, and when I stop at the end of my bead, he asks me, "How much does this one sell for?" (looking at a completed bike that was, ironically, not one I built).

Immediately, "danger" alarms start going off in my head--the well-honed intuition for Sense Motive that you must quickly learn in the joint, or be victimized constantly--so I pick up our old Polariod camera (which we use to hang bike photos on the wall of the office) and take this guy's picture with it. Asshole has the audacity to tell me I don't have his permission to take his picture! I tell him it doesn't matter because he's in my shop and I'm not going to publish or profit off his photo, then I told him to get the fuck out of my shop. He actually bristled about it, swearing and posing physically like he was gonna start a fight on the floor of MY FUCKING SHOP, so I picked up the biggest wrench in my box and started walking toward him, and he ran off.

So now I gotta go invest in a few more cameras for the interior of the shop, drop off the photo I took with a biker cop here in town who's friendly to the shop and see if he knows who this guy is, and probably fill out a report... so my afternoon is fucking ruined, now. Fuck, and I'm shaking off the adrenaline high comedown.

I'm out of cigs, of course, so I guess that's my first stop. Fuck! Be back later guys.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 01:50 PM
(02-09-2015 01:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So I'm welding on the subframe of an almost-completed project (hanging an accessory that needed a tab), when a guy walks into my work area. I don't advertise the company on the outside of the building, and the front side of the building is shared (not directly, but connected physically) with some guys who do custom car-work. He just walks in, apparently having seen the sparks from the road since he came from that direction and not around from the front of the building, and looks at other half-built bikes and a couple of our runabouts that we keep for the shop, and when I stop at the end of my bead, he asks me, "How much does this one sell for?" (looking at a completed bike that was, ironically, not one I built).

Immediately, "danger" alarms start going off in my head--the well-honed intuition for Sense Motive that you must quickly learn in the joint, or be victimized constantly--so I pick up our old Polariod camera (which we use to hang bike photos on the wall of the office) and take this guy's picture with it. Asshole has the audacity to tell me I don't have his permission to take his picture! I tell him it doesn't matter because he's in my shop and I'm not going to publish or profit off his photo, then I told him to get the fuck out of my shop. He actually bristled about it, swearing and posing physically like he was gonna start a fight on the floor of MY FUCKING SHOP, so I picked up the biggest wrench in my box and started walking toward him, and he ran off.

So now I gotta go invest in a few more cameras for the interior of the shop, drop off the photo I took with a biker cop here in town who's friendly to the shop and see if he knows who this guy is, and probably fill out a report... so my afternoon is fucking ruined, now. Fuck, and I'm shaking off the adrenaline high comedown.

I'm out of cigs, of course, so I guess that's my first stop. Fuck! Be back later guys.

I don't understand...

Dude comes in, asks how much a thing is, and your recourse is to take a picture and threaten him with a wrench...?

Sorry, i con't exactly think straight right now... Can you explain further?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-09-2015, 01:51 PM
(02-09-2015 11:53 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Someone is gonna fucking die.

Everyone is, eventually Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM
(02-09-2015 01:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 01:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So I'm welding on the subframe of an almost-completed project (hanging an accessory that needed a tab), when a guy walks into my work area. I don't advertise the company on the outside of the building, and the front side of the building is shared (not directly, but connected physically) with some guys who do custom car-work. He just walks in, apparently having seen the sparks from the road since he came from that direction and not around from the front of the building, and looks at other half-built bikes and a couple of our runabouts that we keep for the shop, and when I stop at the end of my bead, he asks me, "How much does this one sell for?" (looking at a completed bike that was, ironically, not one I built).

I don't understand...

Dude comes in, asks how much a thing is, and your recourse is to take a picture and threaten him with a wrench...?

Seems to me that asking how much a random bike is worth is like trying to figure out if it's worth stealing later. . . if one is in that kind of neighborhood.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
(02-09-2015 01:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I don't understand...

He wandered into a private property and started eyeing up the goods with a view to what would be easy to sell. Rocket thinks this guy's gonna be back later to try pick up the nice bikes he saw lying around. If he was a legit customer he'd not be such a scaly motherfucker.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
(02-09-2015 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:53 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Someone is gonna fucking die.

Everyone is, eventually Tongue
I think we have a winner. But don't worry M-dog. It's not me, it's you.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
02-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Well isn't that just special?

Fuck it.

Yes this is my rant for the day.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(02-09-2015 01:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well isn't that just special?

Fuck it.

Yes this is my rant for the day.

Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-09-2015, 03:08 PM
(02-09-2015 01:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dude comes in, asks how much a thing is, and your recourse is to take a picture and threaten him with a wrench...?

Well, yeah. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post