Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-09-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-09-2015 01:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:53 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Someone is gonna fucking die.

Everyone is, eventually Tongue

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Jack

This single line is a track on the soundtrack. I keep it on my playlist as a reminder to not take life too seriously.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Once again - no direct deposit tomorrow...will be lucky if we get checks by Friday.

The icing on this shit cake you ask...I may have to work on Labor Day. Why the fuck not...it's not like I will have any money to do anything else. Dodgy

Funny how nice the owner is lately...at least to those of us still plugging away while knowing just how bad things are.

fml

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
(02-09-2015 01:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 01:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  So I'm welding on the subframe of an almost-completed project (hanging an accessory that needed a tab), when a guy walks into my work area. I don't advertise the company on the outside of the building, and the front side of the building is shared (not directly, but connected physically) with some guys who do custom car-work. He just walks in, apparently having seen the sparks from the road since he came from that direction and not around from the front of the building, and looks at other half-built bikes and a couple of our runabouts that we keep for the shop, and when I stop at the end of my bead, he asks me, "How much does this one sell for?" (looking at a completed bike that was, ironically, not one I built).

Immediately, "danger" alarms start going off in my head--the well-honed intuition for Sense Motive that you must quickly learn in the joint, or be victimized constantly--so I pick up our old Polariod camera (which we use to hang bike photos on the wall of the office) and take this guy's picture with it. Asshole has the audacity to tell me I don't have his permission to take his picture! I tell him it doesn't matter because he's in my shop and I'm not going to publish or profit off his photo, then I told him to get the fuck out of my shop. He actually bristled about it, swearing and posing physically like he was gonna start a fight on the floor of MY FUCKING SHOP, so I picked up the biggest wrench in my box and started walking toward him, and he ran off.

So now I gotta go invest in a few more cameras for the interior of the shop, drop off the photo I took with a biker cop here in town who's friendly to the shop and see if he knows who this guy is, and probably fill out a report... so my afternoon is fucking ruined, now. Fuck, and I'm shaking off the adrenaline high comedown.

I'm out of cigs, of course, so I guess that's my first stop. Fuck! Be back later guys.

I don't understand...

Dude comes in, asks how much a thing is, and your recourse is to take a picture and threaten him with a wrench...?

Sorry, i con't exactly think straight right now... Can you explain further?

Yeah, sorry I was pissed off when I wrote, wasn't able to be clear. My shop does not face the main road, and is not marked as a shop of any kind; it's a warehouse-type garage and isn't especially distinguishable from a private storage location except for being a steel "pole barn" as we call them locally. There's no reason for anyone to come up to me if they don't know me. Usually I keep the roller doors shut, but I open them when I weld so I don't have fume problems.

The biker-buddy cop I talked to says I was right, this guy has been suspected in a number of burglaries in the area, but he's very good and they don't have enough to prosecute him yet. Luckily my buddy kept me from having to go into the station to make a report. Since nothing illegal actually happened, there's not much to report anyway. But since they want to catch this guy, he agreed to help hook me up with some of the tools to do so.

For the record, I didn't touch a wrench until the guy started swearing at me and bulking up like he might get physical. I picked up the wrench to make it clear that if he reached for a gun or came at me, I'd brain him with it before he could possibly do me any harm. Mainly it was a "I said get the fuck out and I mean get the fuck out" gesture.

This town is a depressed economic area, and has a shockingly high crime rate for a tiny population. I can generally tell the difference between the body language and tone of a motorcycle enthusiast versus someone who's eye-fucking my stuff.

Hopefully we can catch him. The cop was even nice enough to put me in touch with a security expert guy he knows who used to be with the force, and the guy helped me mount new cameras for internal and external viewing and a used, older cellular backup "data upload" server system in case the alarm is triggered and the thieves are smart enough to take our hard drives and/or cut the landlines, so I got out of it all pretty cheaply.

I now have a major stress headache that's threatening to migraine, so I may not be much use for this evening, if it gets any worse. And I still haven't let the guy know I didn't finish his bike today like I said I would, so hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to finish hanging the tabs for my fender modifications to be bolted on by the time he shows up to pick up his bike.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't understand why many theists believe that they can prove the existence of a deity. When I was a theist, I never told a soul such things. If you wish to BELIEVE in the existence of one, so be it. But, it's mind numbing to offer facts to theists and then they turn around and say that their beliefs are facts. Blink

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
03-09-2015, 02:08 AM
4 in the morning and the router needs a kick, but it's in JJ's room and he's sleeping. Maybe I'll go in there for two kicks. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 02:31 AM
(03-09-2015 02:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  4 in the morning and the router needs a kick, but it's in JJ's room and he's sleeping. Maybe I'll go in there for two kicks. Evil_monster

[Image: oTUOc3U.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2015, 03:13 AM
When someone paints you into an imagined corner, and then objects when you push back, don't complain about "cussing" when I tell you to stop it or fuck off. Foul language is more insulting than imputing feelings to me that I don't feel?

Ex-girlfriend, we're trying to salvage the friendship, starts going at me about shit I did years ago ... before we even met ... and when I tell her to back off, she ignores it. So I tell her, "Look, back off or fuck off" -- whereupon she climbs up on the cross because I've cussed at her -- never mind that she's chastising me for shit I stopped before we even met.

I'm sure I'm the bad guy in her eyes, and perhaps in some of y'alls as well. But goddamn, respect a person's feelings, when they say to back up, back up.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-09-2015, 03:53 AM
(03-09-2015 03:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Ex-girlfriend, we're trying to salvage the friendship,

[Image: found_the_problem.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-09-2015, 03:58 AM
Horses for courses. I value her as a friend. Probably throwing good money after bad, but I prefer to try and fail rather than burn bridges, myself.
03-09-2015, 12:51 PM
I fucking hate it when idiots make stupid decisions that affect a large swath of others without taking the time to work out all the details such a change will actually entail.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post