Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-09-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-09-2015 03:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You're sick, motherfucker.

Who do you think the hospital's for?

Injured people and people with sickness warranting hospital. I'd just take up space.

Bout to row a freaking canoe across the ocean to tie you up and carry you to the hospital.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
03-09-2015, 03:56 PM
(03-09-2015 02:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  From bad to fuckin' worse I go.

No improvement in illness all week; I can't talk, throat hurts bad, can't rid myself of my painful cough, and even a four-something meter trip to the toilet for a piss can leave me tired.

Enter yesterday; right eye constantly discharging shit. Tired, so bed around 4, wake up at 7 just before my mother peeks into my room, guess to ask how I was feeling, she doesn't realise I'm awake, so she leaves as soon as she opened the door. Right ear now hurts. Decide to get up an inform mother about this. Get into house's entry passageway (about a three meter journey). Getting dizzy, starting to feel exhausted. Lean against wall to support myself. Minute later slowly slide down the wall to the cool embrace of the floor. minute after that mum comes down stair and finds me, asks why I'm there. 'I got tired'. She decides to call local 'Doctors-to-You' service. Later offers to take me to hospital. I decline. I don't want to use up their resources.
Doc arrives. Chlorsig eye drops, amoxycillin, and clarithromycin prescribed.

This morning; have to grope my way to my door (and the lightswitch). Why? Because both my eyes were glued shut by discharge gunk. I then had to physically pull them open. Left eye looking like it may join it's companion in redness. Now I guess I just have to hope that my left eye wont start discharging gunk too...

Ugh Free--go to the doctor like everyone says! Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-09-2015, 04:02 PM
(03-09-2015 03:31 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Injured people and people with sickness warranting hospital. I'd just take up space.

You're being irrational. People are worring here, including me because you might die. It is possible where you live, especially if you don't know what you are actually dealing with here.

That seems hyperbolic...

I have seen a doc 9aas stated), all going to the hospital would do is cause me to sit in triage for 5 hours then if I'm lucky get a bed and see a doctor in another 3... Who wont get back to me for another 2. That's how it usually goes.

I just don't want to waist an entire day, and the limited time and space the hospital has because i feel like shit and can't handle a flu... i'm sure they have higher priorities to deal with.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-09-2015, 04:07 PM
(03-09-2015 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:31 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You're being irrational. People are worring here, including me because you might die. It is possible where you live, especially if you don't know what you are actually dealing with here.

That seems hyperbolic...

I have seen a doc 9aas stated), all going to the hospital would do is cause me to sit in triage for 5 hours then if I'm lucky get a bed and see a doctor in another 3... Who wont get back to me for another 2. That's how it usually goes.

I just don't want to waist an entire day, and the limited time and space the hospital has because i feel like shit and can't handle a flu... i'm sure they have higher priorities to deal with.

Yes, wasting a day. Being sick. To the point where you can't do anything anyway. You may think that you feel like shit and that you're not worth their time because you're feeling down all the time, which you have said. You may not care, but fortunately, we do. So I'm going to be a fucking generic carebear and tell you, go to the hospital and get treated, for us. Because we love you.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 5 users Like ELK12695's post
03-09-2015, 04:33 PM
(03-09-2015 04:07 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That seems hyperbolic...

Yes, wasting a day. Being sick. To the point where you can't do anything anyway. You may think that you feel like shit and that you're not worth their time because you're feeling down all the time, which you have said. You may not care, but fortunately, we do. So I'm going to be a fucking generic carebear and tell you, go to the hospital and get treated, for us. Because we love you.

Thanks for the kind words, man. Really. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't need a moral boost. It's nice to know that, for whatever reason, some people do care.

I'm feeling a little better at the moment, and there's no one to take me now anyway, but if I go into another dive like last night again, I'll get myself checked into a hospital.
Sorry for all the worry I've caused... Best take my meds and have a long nap if I can.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
03-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Good luck Free Thought.
Being ill sucks and I hope you feel better soon.
Do not hesitate to go to hospital if you need to. They can help you a great deal and stop your symptoms getting worse.

Good luck mate. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-09-2015, 04:45 PM
(03-09-2015 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:31 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You're being irrational. People are worring here, including me because you might die. It is possible where you live, especially if you don't know what you are actually dealing with here.

That seems hyperbolic...

Get your stubborn self to a doctor!!!!!

Don't make me use my mom voice. Dodgy

Seriously, worried about you...seek some medical help.

Edited to add - you are sick - you made a spelling error, you never have spelling errors.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
03-09-2015, 04:53 PM
(03-09-2015 04:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 04:07 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Yes, wasting a day. Being sick. To the point where you can't do anything anyway. You may think that you feel like shit and that you're not worth their time because you're feeling down all the time, which you have said. You may not care, but fortunately, we do. So I'm going to be a fucking generic carebear and tell you, go to the hospital and get treated, for us. Because we love you.

Thanks for the kind words, man. Really. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't need a moral boost. It's nice to know that, for whatever reason, some people do care.

I'm feeling a little better at the moment, and there's no one to take me now anyway, but if I go into another dive like last night again, I'll get myself checked into a hospital.
Sorry for all the worry I've caused... Best take my meds and have a long nap if I can.

[Image: tumblr_mtesqyxwtY1sfo7duo1_500.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
They're right, you know. It may "just" be a flu, or you may have other complications, co-infections, or symptoms from the regular flu (assuming that's what it is, and not a nastier bug or bugs of some sort), but if you wait to go be seen, it may be too late to help by the time you are seen.

We have science for a reason. Use it!

If you are passing out, fainting, and/or having trouble with your thinking processes (as Anjele pointed out), then you absolutely need to worry about a multi-infection that can do permanent damage or worse.

Go. See. The. Doctor. Suck it up and go!

We admire and adore ya, buddy. We will be really hurt if we didn't do enough to shove you in there and we lost you. If you cannot go right this moment for whatever reason, go as soon as you are able, because the kind of thing that's no big deal right now and easily curable might be beyond help in another 6 hours. You understand?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Thoughty-pants, if everyone waited until they were about to die before going to see a doc... a lot more people *would* die. It's not about being polite and not wasting the doctor's time, the doctor is perfectly happy to see a healthy person who's worried about something and make sure that it's fine. Prevention is better than cure - ever heard that? It's true. And once you've got some dread disease it's easier to cure you if you get it sorted quickly, rather than wait around. So get down to the doc, whether at the hospital or elsewhere, and get him to examine you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post