Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-09-2015, 06:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-09-2015 12:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 12:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I had a fantastic day at work today. And I had to reset furniture (reorganize) department.

All I can think of is to not say "just" in your presence.

Failed. Laugh out load

It's fine, I wasn't even mad bro.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-09-2015, 07:08 AM
sorry i have no complaints..... that is a complaint within itself... how meta...

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
05-09-2015, 08:55 AM
If you're gonna list a place to rent, how about getting the little map that shows alongside it to actually reflect the place's address? And not an address in another part of town ENTIRELY??? Dumbfucks. Dodgy

05-09-2015, 09:25 AM
The minutiae of a subject is not "news". This ridiculousness disappoints and exhausts.

Also kinda pissed that while interesting facts are being presented, the documentary I'm watching frequently cuts to an auction of items owned by the documentary's subject. Because ... monetizing history is important?

Again and again, TV ... I am disappoint. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-09-2015, 09:44 AM
I walked into work yesterday behind a student bragging about how she got accepted to the university I work for and how all her friends think she's smart now. "I mean, it's not like it's that hard to get in." Sweetie, it's called mommy and daddy have money. Your typical middle/lower class student is only able to attend thanks to a scholarship. Most families don't have $200K to drop on an Ivy League education. Congrats America - this is another one of your future leaders.

It was the school I always dreamt of attending. Also doesn't help that I'm broke as fuck this week - all my bills came due on this paycheck. Makes me a little more irritable.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
05-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Assaulted while on duty, after it I spent four hours at police station; there is possibility of another visit there which I can't say I'm thrilled about. Pay isn't enough to put up with shit like this so I left the job and found another supposedly better one in about hour of search. Today though this "better job" and guy whou would be my boss revealed their true face - despite earlier promisses I can't work where I live, delegation is the only option. Didn't took the job, lying at the first meeting made me kinda sceptical about rest of what the guy was saying.

I have two job interviews in coming week so at least I have the chance of ending my unemployment soon enough.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Who am I? Where am I? And why am I in this handbasket......

Seriously though, is it normal for new moms to forget who they are outside of mommy hood? I can't think of things I enjoy anymore. Completely weird.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-09-2015, 01:42 PM
(05-09-2015 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Who am I? Where am I? And why am I in this handbasket......

Seriously though, is it normal for new moms to forget who they are outside of mommy hood? I can't think of things I enjoy anymore. Completely weird.

Don't make a hobbit of it, is all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Meeting at work today to explain to people what's going on and why we didn't get paid on time...

We were told that if anyone couldn't wait a day for their paycheck they needed to learn to manage their money better. Blink Pot meet kettle.

Owner goes on to say that he is a big follower of Dave Ramsey (David L. "Dave" Ramsey III is an American financial author, radio host, television personality, and motivational speaker. His show and writings strongly focus on encouraging people to get out of debt.) And that perhaps he should get some courses from Dave Ramsey for people at work to listen to. Blink

Says the company isn't in debt. BlinkBlink

Says that if people incurred fees because of autodrafts that bounced, it sucks to be them. He will not be making any compensation toward those issues.

Big-mouthed marketing bitch, who looks like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show, turns on the tears and chokes out a tearful tribute to owner and says we are all one big family who could have asked for help from any other employee since she has personally helped people out in the past. Mind you, a month ago she was the one screaming the loudest when she didn't get her direct deposit though she did get a check shortly after lunch.

At this point, until I find something else, I just have to watch to see how ludicrous things can get.

I spent most of the meeting in an internal dialogue that consisted of - show no emotion, show no emotion, are you fucking kidding me, show no emotion...over and over.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2015, 02:12 PM
^^ Is yonder Owner convincing anyone? What a dick. Business closed down close to me the other day, the guy kept the employees on for the last month, promising one final paycheck, which never materialised. Motherfucker got a whole month's work from these guys and they walked away with nothing. Just... don't let that dickhead walk all over you guys too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post