Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-09-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-09-2015 07:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Another that professed evolution was untrue, showing a loop of Ray Comfort doing his thing where he quizzes people on what they think evolution is...Facepalm

I can just imagine one of the boothers asking passers-by in the style of the video, and oh that would have been fun!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 07:39 PM
'Negative paper clip enters your mind.'
You try to ignore him, but doing so it difficult.

You sigh, trying desperately to focus on your mission instead of his.

'You form a poorly drawn image of negative paperclip and start roleplaying, ignoring your deep study of basic math once again.'
"HAH HAH! I'm negative paperclip! Brawwwr! Need some financial guilt trips and a good thwarting of your attention span?! Bwahahahahah!"
05-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I'm gonna drive myself insane with this finding a place to live thing. Dodgy Facepalm

05-09-2015, 08:02 PM
(05-09-2015 07:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Today, at the state fair, I saw:

A booth that asked, "do you think you're going to heaven?"

Another that professed evolution was untrue, showing a loop of Ray Comfort doing his thing where he quizzes people on what they think evolution is...Facepalm

Still another booth of prolifers handing out plastic fetuses.

And still another handing out free copies of the bible. I did ask them, since they had a crowd, if it came with a parental guidance warning...

Today would have been a great day to have a TTA tee shirt or something like that.

I spent the longest time tho talking to the pot people and complained they weren't handing out free samples. Big Grin

that's an awfully strange state fair...sounds like you walked into a southern baptist convention. Facepalm

Be true to yourself. Heart
05-09-2015, 08:22 PM
(05-09-2015 07:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Today, at the state fair, I saw:

Another that professed evolution was untrue, showing a loop of Ray Comfort doing his thing where he quizzes people on what they think evolution is...Facepalm

And still another handing out free copies of the bible. I did ask them, since they had a crowd, if it came with a parental guidance warning...

Today would have been a great day to have a TTA tee shirt or something like that.

I spent the longest time tho talking to the pot people and complained they weren't handing out free samples. Big Grin

I think I saw four or five booths like that at our state fair too Dodgy what really pissed me off was that they were all right next to college booths. Every time. Trying to snatch up those young folks!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
05-09-2015, 08:54 PM
(05-09-2015 07:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 02:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Meeting at work today to explain to people what's going on and why we didn't get paid on time...

We were told that if anyone couldn't wait a day for their paycheck they needed to learn to manage their money better. Blink Pot meet kettle.

Owner goes on to say that he is a big follower of Dave Ramsey (David L. "Dave" Ramsey III is an American financial author, radio host, television personality, and motivational speaker. His show and writings strongly focus on encouraging people to get out of debt.) And that perhaps he should get some courses from Dave Ramsey for people at work to listen to. Blink

Says the company isn't in debt. BlinkBlink

Says that if people incurred fees because of autodrafts that bounced, it sucks to be them. He will not be making any compensation toward those issues.

Big-mouthed marketing bitch, who looks like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show, turns on the tears and chokes out a tearful tribute to owner and says we are all one big family who could have asked for help from any other employee since she has personally helped people out in the past. Mind you, a month ago she was the one screaming the loudest when she didn't get her direct deposit though she did get a check shortly after lunch.

At this point, until I find something else, I just have to watch to see how ludicrous things can get.

I spent most of the meeting in an internal dialogue that consisted of - show no emotion, show no emotion, are you fucking kidding me, show no emotion...over and over.

Facepalm

This shit cannot be legal. Surely there is no fucking way that this wanker is legally allowed to not pay people without compensation!

There has got to be some group in the area that are supposed to deal with this shit. A trades standards commission? Worker's rights rep lobby? State-appointed Ombudsman? An opinionated guy wearing a customisable sandwich board?

The Labor Board here cares about one thing and that is if you get a lunch break or not. Otherwise they are useless.

I seldom get a lunch break. But I never want to have to deal with those pricks at the Labor Board again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2015, 11:07 PM

Ah yes. That booth I know it well. I saw it this year at the fair when I took Hobbit.

2 years ago I watched Near debate with them for an hour. Lol
06-09-2015, 01:10 AM
(05-09-2015 08:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  This shit cannot be legal. Surely there is no fucking way that this wanker is legally allowed to not pay people without compensation!

There has got to be some group in the area that are supposed to deal with this shit. A trades standards commission? Worker's rights rep lobby? State-appointed Ombudsman? An opinionated guy wearing a customisable sandwich board?

The Labor Board here cares about one thing and that is if you get a lunch break or not. Otherwise they are useless.

I seldom get a lunch break. But I never want to have to deal with those pricks at the Labor Board again.

... and yeah, they don't really care about lunches. I have to grab mine where I can, on the clock, obliged to still provide service between bites.

It's one of the few things I miss about California: worker's rights here in Texas are shitty.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-09-2015, 04:34 AM
I don't understand. What is a "lunch break?"

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-09-2015, 05:48 AM
(06-09-2015 04:34 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I don't understand. What is a "lunch break?"

A kind of break in a steel beam. First described by Mr Outto Lunch.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.