Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-09-2015, 05:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-09-2015 04:30 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Who am I? Where am I? And why am I in this handbasket......

Seriously though, is it normal for new moms to forget who they are outside of mommy hood? I can't think of things I enjoy anymore. Completely weird.

I have a similar problem, though unrelated to motherhood. I played sports pretty much year round like every day in high school, but now in college there aren't any good opportunities to do sports. The gym just isn't as fun as volleyball or rowing. So I don't know what to do with my spare time, and I end up spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet. Especially on a three day weekend where most people go home.

No intramural sports? I played intramural soccer, hockey, broomball (it's a Canadian thing), inner-tube water polo (funniest game ever).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 07:17 AM by Nurse.)
I love a clusterfuck twenty minutes prior to shift change. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
06-09-2015, 07:27 AM
(06-09-2015 07:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I love a clusterfuck twenty minutes prior to shift change. Dodgy

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-09-2015, 09:05 AM
(05-09-2015 10:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Assaulted while on duty, after it I spent four hours at police station; there is possibility of another visit there which I can't say I'm thrilled about. Pay isn't enough to put up with shit like this so I left the job and found another supposedly better one in about hour of search. Today though this "better job" and guy whou would be my boss revealed their true face - despite earlier promisses I can't work where I live, delegation is the only option. Didn't took the job, lying at the first meeting made me kinda sceptical about rest of what the guy was saying.

I have two job interviews in coming week so at least I have the chance of ending my unemployment soon enough.

You were assaulted? R u ok?
06-09-2015, 09:19 AM
(06-09-2015 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 10:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Assaulted while on duty, after it I spent four hours at police station; there is possibility of another visit there which I can't say I'm thrilled about. Pay isn't enough to put up with shit like this so I left the job and found another supposedly better one in about hour of search. Today though this "better job" and guy whou would be my boss revealed their true face - despite earlier promisses I can't work where I live, delegation is the only option. Didn't took the job, lying at the first meeting made me kinda sceptical about rest of what the guy was saying.

I have two job interviews in coming week so at least I have the chance of ending my unemployment soon enough.

You were assaulted? R u ok?

Yes, I was, thanks for asking. Person doing this was a junkie, but I had a support, so I wasn't in real danger (or so I hope). It ended with minor scratches but it showed me risks of the job.

We aren't issued with the weapons so in case of something more serious I would be fucked, as we aren't allowed to use force as in fists, only holds and I'm not trained in this.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-09-2015, 09:28 AM
(06-09-2015 09:19 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:05 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You were assaulted? R u ok?

Yes, I was, thanks for asking. Person doing this was a junkie, but I had a support, so I wasn't in real danger (or so I hope). It ended with minor scratches but it showed me risks of the job.

We aren't issued with the weapons so in case of something more serious I would be fucked, as we aren't allowed to use force as in fists, only holds and I'm not trained in this.

Glad you are okay!
06-09-2015, 09:32 AM
(06-09-2015 09:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:19 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Yes, I was, thanks for asking. Person doing this was a junkie, but I had a support, so I wasn't in real danger (or so I hope). It ended with minor scratches but it showed me risks of the job.

Glad you are okay!

Thanks.

7.50 zł. per hour - about 2, 2.5. USD - isn't enough to deal with shit like this,

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
06-09-2015, 11:10 AM
(06-09-2015 05:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 04:30 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I have a similar problem, though unrelated to motherhood. I played sports pretty much year round like every day in high school, but now in college there aren't any good opportunities to do sports. The gym just isn't as fun as volleyball or rowing. So I don't know what to do with my spare time, and I end up spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet. Especially on a three day weekend where most people go home.

No intramural sports? I played intramural soccer, hockey, broomball (it's a Canadian thing), inner-tube water polo (funniest game ever).

Well there's intramural volleyball but, no offense to the not as athletically gifted out there, I'm certain I could play better with an arm behind my back and one eye closed because I've been playing since 5th grade. We do have a disc golf course I've heard. And I feel like it would be hard to swim in an inner tube...

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
06-09-2015, 11:18 AM
How do I always manage to ruin what should be exciting events in my life? Other folks get excited when they're out getting a new car (whether it's really new or just new to them) and I was miserable when looking for my own car. And people get all excited when looking for a place to move to, and here I am a nervous wreck. Sad

I really want this done and over with. This is the last big step and then I can be rid of my parents for the most part. And I will have my kids and at last, I will have my Revs. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-09-2015, 11:34 AM
(06-09-2015 11:18 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  How do I always manage to ruin what should be exciting events in my life? Other folks get excited when they're out getting a new car (whether it's really new or just new to them) and I was miserable when looking for my own car. And people get all excited when looking for a place to move to, and here I am a nervous wreck. Sad

I really want this done and over with. This is the last big step and then I can be rid of my parents for the most part. And I will have my kids and at last, I will have my Revs. Heart

I'm the same way, I always look for the fly in the ointment or wait for the shoe to drop.

But once things start really looking positive i will forever be looking all the ways things can still go wrong. Even when they don't happen.

I think, speaking for myself, I'm used to something going totally wrong. When I get happy about something -- something else seems to pull the rug from under my feet.

So, it's a self protection mechinasim to cope in case something doesn't work out -- my brain tells me that I expected it so I won't be sad.

It's just that never actually happens.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post