Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-09-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-09-2015 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 11:18 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  How do I always manage to ruin what should be exciting events in my life? Other folks get excited when they're out getting a new car (whether it's really new or just new to them) and I was miserable when looking for my own car. And people get all excited when looking for a place to move to, and here I am a nervous wreck. Sad

I really want this done and over with. This is the last big step and then I can be rid of my parents for the most part. And I will have my kids and at last, I will have my Revs. Heart

I'm the same way, I always look for the fly in the ointment or wait for the shoe to drop.

But once things start really looking positive i will forever be looking all the ways things can still go wrong. Even when they don't happen.

I think, speaking for myself, I'm used to something going totally wrong. When I get happy about something -- something else seems to pull the rug from under my feet.

So, it's a self protection mechinasim to cope in case something doesn't work out -- my brain tells me that I expected it so I won't be sad.

It's just that never actually happens.

You are not alone with this.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-09-2015, 11:39 AM
(06-09-2015 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 11:18 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  How do I always manage to ruin what should be exciting events in my life? Other folks get excited when they're out getting a new car (whether it's really new or just new to them) and I was miserable when looking for my own car. And people get all excited when looking for a place to move to, and here I am a nervous wreck. Sad

I really want this done and over with. This is the last big step and then I can be rid of my parents for the most part. And I will have my kids and at last, I will have my Revs. Heart

I'm the same way, I always look for the fly in the ointment or wait for the shoe to drop.

But once things start really looking positive i will forever be looking all the ways things can still go wrong. Even when they don't happen.

I think, speaking for myself, I'm used to something going totally wrong. When I get happy about something -- something else seems to pull the rug from under my feet.

So, it's a self protection mechinasim to cope in case something doesn't work out -- my brain tells me that I expected it so I won't be sad.

Yeah. I have a lot of trouble with managing expectations. I'll get super-excited about something and inevitably reality cannot live up to that. So it's like I'll start dialing it back and next thing you know, I'm thinking doom and gloom and of all the absolute worst-case scenarios that could play out. I can never seem to find a happy middle-ground. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
06-09-2015, 11:46 AM
(06-09-2015 11:39 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm the same way, I always look for the fly in the ointment or wait for the shoe to drop.

Yeah. I have a lot of trouble with managing expectations. I'll get super-excited about something and inevitably reality cannot live up to that. So it's like I'll start dialing it back and next thing you know, I'm thinking doom and gloom and of all the absolute worst-case scenarios that could play out. I can never seem to find a happy middle-ground. Undecided

Hug

I get it. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 01:24 PM
So I was thinking if we ever had a really pissed off coroner on the forum we could get him to come post here...

Haha? Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-09-2015, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 02:18 PM by cactus.)
This isn't a rant, but rather an opportunity to ponder on the individual nature of our own separate human experiences. Be warned, deep intimate thoughts ahead:

So I opened up a bag of beef jerky, made in Omaha, Nebraska, and found a hair in it. Then I started thinking, "You know what, it was really thoughtful of them to think of me like that." Some person I don't even know, all the way up in a distant exotic land I may never visit, decided to send me a part of their own body. It's sort of romantic, like a little postcard that says "Hey, I just wanted you to know that I care about you. We may never meet in person, but I can at least share with you this small personal gift. It might not seem like much, but I hope it means as much to you as it meant to me."

Also, the beef jerky tasted kind of bad, but I'm sure that's unrelated. No hard feelings Shy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
06-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Fell off the bike today, could have broken my elbow; got away with it with just a bloody bruise. Still, should be stingfest 2015 to take shower, which I will right now. Swell.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Well, that was no stingfest, that was HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT HURTS GODDAMN IT FUCK YOU-fest. It hurt too bad for me to even get balsam in my hair, having good looking hair ain't worth anymore of that pain.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-09-2015, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 10:17 PM by Nurse.)
They updated the software at work that blocks sites with "inappropriate content". Basically, if it isn't a .edu I can no longer access it. I can't access sites that are fucking linked from my own university Angry It's a nursing website for fucks sake - not like I'm on the company computer using Facebook and TTA.

It was like this at my last job - I worked in the ED and I couldn't even access the poison control website for a patient that had inhaled a white wash cleaner, despite the MDs able to log on with their and look up real estate (true story) when they should have been taking care of my pissed off patients that had been waiting hours to be discharged.

Fuck you, admin. Not cool.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-09-2015, 11:58 PM
(06-09-2015 10:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Fuck you, admin. Not cool.

Isn't it like, the *definition* of admin that they fuck shit like that up...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2015, 05:36 AM
So I come up behind the cat and go "MRAWWWWWWWWWWW...hiss," and the cat runs away, into the dog, who's like - Blink - and gets up. And the cat goes "hisssss." And I yell at the dog. I'm such a bad person. Evil_monster

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post