Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-09-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I've got a consulting gig with a medical devices company, so of course they need me to take a drugs test. Dodgy

Their background check/drug test company sent me an e-mail saying I had to schedule the drug test within 48 hours of the 'job offer'.
The agreement was made Thursday afternoon. The e-mail arrived at 5:13PM on Friday. WTF? Notify me after business hours on the Friday of Labor Day weekend?

Needless to say, the on-line link had expired when I actually read the e-mail and tried to schedule it. Idiots. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-09-2015, 08:26 AM
I have been home for just over an hour and I am still pissed off. This was one hell of a shift from hell.

Why do people think it's ok to act like a dick? In what world is "I don't want to start the night off on the wrong foot or anything..." ever followed by anything productive?

Why in the fuck do people think that nurses are intentionally trying to harm or neglect their patients?! My goal is to provide high quality care and exceed expectations, prevent codes from happening in the first place, save lives, prevent errors, make my patients and their families as comfortable as possible and have their stay as pleasant as possible in the unfortunate circumstance of being my patient or a family member.. Why the fuck do you think acting like an ass and being a passive aggressive twat is going to produce positive results in me taking care of your loved one? You putting me on edge means part of my attention is going to be divided, and I might miss something minor while you're behaving like an ass. And then you have the audacity to insult the charge nurse? (Kinda glad you did manage to piss her off - means I won't have to deal with you tonight because I'm being reassigned)

I have never had a positive interaction with a patient family member that says "I work in HR." (Several positive interactions with patients that work in HR, though) Whoopty fucking doo. You know jack shit about my job and are sure as hell not qualified to tell me how to do it. I have 10 waveforms (plus other data) on the monitor and you can't even pick out the heart rhythm. But clearly you know more than me and can tell me how to do my job, right?

Why in the FUCK do people ever think they can tell a nurse how to do their job?! I went to school for four years, asshole. I've been taking care of patients for 9. I don't tell a chemical engineer how to do theirs, I don't tell a social worker, or a mechanic, or a security officer, or an accountant or <insert any other job here> how to do theirs. Until you can interpret my monitor, operate the hypothermia equipment, read the 12 page hypothermia protocol with ease, understand the how's and whys behind which drips I'm using and titrating, understand the labs and intuit when to order a loaded ABG even though you don't presently have an order, can tell the fellow that hasn't been at the bedside that walks in and glances at the monitor and gives an order to extubate "actually, no, I don't think he's ready for extubation and when we do it needs to be to BiPAP because I've suctioned pink frothy sputum four times in the past thirty minutes", understand infection control in my patient population, etc...then you are NOT qualified to tell me how to do my goddamned job.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
08-09-2015, 08:32 AM
The problem in working with people --- people....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Hug

ETA: That hug is for Nurse, not for you OnlineBiker. Stay back!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-09-2015, 08:35 AM
(08-09-2015 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  I've got a consulting gig with a medical devices company, so of course they need me to take a drugs test. Dodgy

Their background check/drug test company sent me an e-mail saying I had to schedule the drug test within 48 hours of the 'job offer'.
The agreement was made Thursday afternoon. The e-mail arrived at 5:13PM on Friday. WTF? Notify me after business hours on the Friday of Labor Day weekend?

Needless to say, the on-line link had expired when I actually read the e-mail and tried to schedule it. Idiots. Angry

It was probably just an automated response--if not, you are right--those people are idiots Hobo
08-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Shit.... that just set my whole day back a notch MD....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-09-2015, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 10:30 AM by Lienda Bella.)
Why do I keep getting called an A-hole for no decent reason?! Why is the victim complex so rampant right now that people complain about harmless things as if they ruin their entire lives? Why do some furiously act as if they're living 50-500 years ago and understand a culture they never saw? I know some people are jerks. Why admire and let them be as dickish as they like, but I drop a pen at your feet and you call me an ass? That makes no dam sense!

Blink Excessive complaining is everywhere! It's almost like a zombie invasion in social form! Am I still in reality? What the hell is wrong with the American mind right now?!

It makes no sense to me why this keeps happening, and the idiots and jerks get more than me. What the hell?!
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
08-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Alright, so last night hubby worked...8 hours and didn't even have time to eat!

I don't know what's worse, him going through this or me having to hear all about it when he gets home. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-09-2015, 11:04 AM
(08-09-2015 10:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Alright, so last night hubby worked...8 hours and didn't even have time to eat!

I don't know what's worse, him going through this or me having to hear all about it when he gets home. Dodgy

I can relate, my boyfriend's an attorney, works long hours, and he often works through lunch--if he even takes one. He's like a bear going through a picnic basket when he gets home Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 05:25 PM
So someone I know who is like the walking definition of a Christian posted this link on facebook. I am trying.....sooooo hard to bottle up the factual ass whooping I could unleash on her about that big bigot Kim Davis.

http://qpolitical.com/breaking-kim-davis...like-this/

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze