Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-09-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Ranting corner
And so someone is trying to suck me into attending mass.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Re: Ranting corner
Now the bitch that slept with my man is getting petulantly passive aggressive because I haven't accepted her Facebook friend request.

I haven't confronted because I've been known to be very nasty. As in, "oh he committed suicide that night" nasty. That shit weighs on your conscious.

I've got experience with that now; I think I can adequately point the finger but not destroy completely. She's acting as if she's entitled to be my friend. She STOPPED BY HERE a couple days ago, but I held it in. I don't think there's an emoji that accurately captures my fucked up mood.
08-09-2015, 11:31 PM
(08-09-2015 11:10 PM)mecanna Wrote:  Now the bitch that slept with my man is getting petulantly passive aggressive because I haven't accepted her Facebook friend request.

I haven't confronted because I've been known to be very nasty. As in, "oh he committed suicide that night" nasty. That shit weighs on your conscious.

I've got experience with that now; I think I can adequately point the finger but not destroy completely. She's acting as if she's entitled to be my friend. She STOPPED BY HERE a couple days ago, but I held it in. I don't think there's an emoji that accurately captures my fucked up mood.

Hug
09-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Re: RE: Ranting corner
(08-09-2015 11:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug

Thank you. I did it via text, like an ass. In my defense, I'm a lot nastier in person. Text lets me stop and rethink what I have to say... then re-phrase it more nicely.
[+] 3 users Like mecanna's post
09-09-2015, 05:45 AM
(08-09-2015 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hug

ETA: That hug is for Nurse, not for you OnlineBiker. Stay back!

That conjured an image of the Blue Oyster Bar from Police Academy Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post
09-09-2015, 06:00 AM
(09-09-2015 05:45 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hug

ETA: That hug is for Nurse, not for you OnlineBiker. Stay back!

That conjured an image of the Blue Oyster Bar from Police Academy Laugh out load

Thanks for sharing. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 07:33 AM by cactus.)
A few crazy people in my family (extended family, thank Krishna) are convinced that a gluten-free diet can cure pretty much anything, including cancer and autism.
The stupidity, it hurts. Facepalm

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-09-2015, 04:23 PM
(08-09-2015 08:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I have been home for just over an hour and I am still pissed off. This was one hell of a shift from hell.

Why do people think it's ok to act like a dick? In what world is "I don't want to start the night off on the wrong foot or anything..." ever followed by anything productive?

Why in the fuck do people think that nurses are intentionally trying to harm or neglect their patients?! My goal is to provide high quality care and exceed expectations, prevent codes from happening in the first place, save lives, prevent errors, make my patients and their families as comfortable as possible and have their stay as pleasant as possible in the unfortunate circumstance of being my patient or a family member.. Why the fuck do you think acting like an ass and being a passive aggressive twat is going to produce positive results in me taking care of your loved one? You putting me on edge means part of my attention is going to be divided, and I might miss something minor while you're behaving like an ass. And then you have the audacity to insult the charge nurse? (Kinda glad you did manage to piss her off - means I won't have to deal with you tonight because I'm being reassigned)

I have never had a positive interaction with a patient family member that says "I work in HR." (Several positive interactions with patients that work in HR, though) Whoopty fucking doo. You know jack shit about my job and are sure as hell not qualified to tell me how to do it. I have 10 waveforms (plus other data) on the monitor and you can't even pick out the heart rhythm. But clearly you know more than me and can tell me how to do my job, right?

Why in the FUCK do people ever think they can tell a nurse how to do their job?! I went to school for four years, asshole. I've been taking care of patients for 9. I don't tell a chemical engineer how to do theirs, I don't tell a social worker, or a mechanic, or a security officer, or an accountant or <insert any other job here> how to do theirs. Until you can interpret my monitor, operate the hypothermia equipment, read the 12 page hypothermia protocol with ease, understand the how's and whys behind which drips I'm using and titrating, understand the labs and intuit when to order a loaded ABG even though you don't presently have an order, can tell the fellow that hasn't been at the bedside that walks in and glances at the monitor and gives an order to extubate "actually, no, I don't think he's ready for extubation and when we do it needs to be to BiPAP because I've suctioned pink frothy sputum four times in the past thirty minutes", understand infection control in my patient population, etc...then you are NOT qualified to tell me how to do my goddamned job.

I spent three days in the hospital a few years ago, and when I left, the nurses thanked me for being so nice. It was a bit of a head-scratcher, because I hadn't been especially nice -- just acted normal. Some of the people they deal with must be real assholes.
09-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Took me 40 minutes to pick up my kid at school. Fucking ridiculous.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-09-2015, 04:37 PM
(09-09-2015 12:40 AM)mecanna Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 11:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug

Thank you. I did it via text, like an ass. In my defense, I'm a lot nastier in person. Text lets me stop and rethink what I have to say... then re-phrase it more nicely.

She should expect venom from you after what she did. I think it's further rubbing your face in things by trying to be your friend. It's like--is she crazy? Who the hell would want to be friends with her after that?
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post