Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-09-2015, 04:38 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-09-2015 04:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 08:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I have been home for just over an hour and I am still pissed off. This was one hell of a shift from hell.

Why do people think it's ok to act like a dick? In what world is "I don't want to start the night off on the wrong foot or anything..." ever followed by anything productive?

Why in the fuck do people think that nurses are intentionally trying to harm or neglect their patients?! My goal is to provide high quality care and exceed expectations, prevent codes from happening in the first place, save lives, prevent errors, make my patients and their families as comfortable as possible and have their stay as pleasant as possible in the unfortunate circumstance of being my patient or a family member.. Why the fuck do you think acting like an ass and being a passive aggressive twat is going to produce positive results in me taking care of your loved one? You putting me on edge means part of my attention is going to be divided, and I might miss something minor while you're behaving like an ass. And then you have the audacity to insult the charge nurse? (Kinda glad you did manage to piss her off - means I won't have to deal with you tonight because I'm being reassigned)

I have never had a positive interaction with a patient family member that says "I work in HR." (Several positive interactions with patients that work in HR, though) Whoopty fucking doo. You know jack shit about my job and are sure as hell not qualified to tell me how to do it. I have 10 waveforms (plus other data) on the monitor and you can't even pick out the heart rhythm. But clearly you know more than me and can tell me how to do my job, right?

Why in the FUCK do people ever think they can tell a nurse how to do their job?! I went to school for four years, asshole. I've been taking care of patients for 9. I don't tell a chemical engineer how to do theirs, I don't tell a social worker, or a mechanic, or a security officer, or an accountant or <insert any other job here> how to do theirs. Until you can interpret my monitor, operate the hypothermia equipment, read the 12 page hypothermia protocol with ease, understand the how's and whys behind which drips I'm using and titrating, understand the labs and intuit when to order a loaded ABG even though you don't presently have an order, can tell the fellow that hasn't been at the bedside that walks in and glances at the monitor and gives an order to extubate "actually, no, I don't think he's ready for extubation and when we do it needs to be to BiPAP because I've suctioned pink frothy sputum four times in the past thirty minutes", understand infection control in my patient population, etc...then you are NOT qualified to tell me how to do my goddamned job.

I spent three days in the hospital a few years ago, and when I left, the nurses thanked me for being so nice. It was a bit of a head-scratcher, because I hadn't been especially nice -- just acted normal. Some of the people they deal with must be real assholes.

While I am not a nurse, I do work in the health care field..and let me just say this--you have no idea Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 05:03 PM
(09-09-2015 04:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Took me 40 minutes to pick up my kid at school. Fucking ridiculous.

Well either you need to hit the gym or he needs to go on a diet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
(09-09-2015 05:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 04:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Took me 40 minutes to pick up my kid at school. Fucking ridiculous.

Dodgy

Traffic issues....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-09-2015, 05:24 PM
(09-09-2015 05:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Laughat That cracked me the fuck up! Tongue

(09-09-2015 05:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 05:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well either you need to hit the gym or he needs to go on a diet.

Dodgy

Traffic issues....

So sorry for your troubles, Moms. -__- Hug And for laughing at Revs' joke. Shy Angel

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-09-2015, 06:22 PM
(04-09-2015 06:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No pay yesterday. This morning CFO decides we are going to hand write checks for those in dire need. When I say we - I mean the girl that actually does payroll and me who has been forbidden to participate in payroll. SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE A CHECK!!!!!!!!!! Facepalm

So here we are writing checks and have about 80 done when, some have been handed out. CFO says stop - we are going to pick up checks from the payroll company. No more handwritten checks. About half end up not being handed out...then others are returned to us because they want 'real' checks.

My entire day was working on something that isn't my job while my actual job and my extra 'help out the inept billing department' job piles up on my desk.

Payroll girl leaves early to take her dog to the vet - again! This is about 6 times in the last month. Guess who got to work late - yeah, don't ever touch payroll person - me.

I told CFO this whole exercise was like a Chinese Fire Drill or another thing that starts with 'c' and has almost the same number of syllables. Dodgy

And, and...I have to go in at 10 tomorrow for a meeting - yep, Saturday morning meeting. I had to postpone the appointment for my dog in order to make it. I made a Saturday appointment so it wouldn't interfere with work...fancy that.

fml

As a followup to this debacle...yeah, there's more.

This morning payroll/HR girl was late, again. I was in the office when an employee came in and simply fell to pieces. She was not one of the ones who had claimed dire need for a handwritten check and patiently waited for her check. Two weeks earlier her check was late and she incurred bank fees because of it.

She had tried to cash her check Friday and couldn't so she deposited it into the same bank as the check was drawn on Saturday...knowing she wouldn't have access to all of it till yesterday. As of today, the bank told her they wouldn't release the check till the 16th. WTF!

Any way...I called payroll girl who didn't really care. Called my boss an filled him in. He said he would talk to her bank when he got in...I said good 'cause you talk banker very well.

I gave her the twenty bucks I had in my wallet so she could buy a loaf of bread and some cereal and milk.

Long story short - I asked my boss to help her out. He had me write a check to him for $500.00 which he cashed and gave her. She just sobbed, she was so grateful. He also got most of her check released.

The whole thing is a fucked up mess but at least her kids will be able to have a decent meal tonight. Payroll girl is mad at me because I called the boss and made it look like she wasn't doing her job. Well, gee, she wasn't and the employee was telling me that she was ready to put a bullet into her head.

I feel good that I was able to help her. I hate that the company is so screwed up that it was necessary.

Another day in paradise. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Local firefighter was killed today when he was hit by a truck, the firefighter was at an intersection collecting money for a muscular dystrophy charity when he was confronted by a man in a white pickup, who left, circled back a round and hit the firefighter.

Why do people have to be so fucking stupid. Doesn't matter how angry you get how could run over someone, let alone a firefighter collecting money for a good cause. I hope that son of a bitch spends the rest of his life in jail feeling guilty because he had to be a stupid asshole and kill someone for no reason. Wish I could have been there, would have gladly drove in front of that prick to protect the firefighter, it's sad worthless human beings like him have to exist who can just take an innocent life like that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
09-09-2015, 06:30 PM
jesus fucking Christ work has phoned me 4 fucking times before midday. I ignored them 4 times and yet I don't think they get the message that I don't wanna do extra shifts today. These people are fucking relentless.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-09-2015, 06:55 PM
(09-09-2015 06:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  jesus fucking Christ work has phoned me 4 fucking times before midday. I ignored them 4 times and yet I don't think they get the message that I don't wanna do extra shifts today. These people are fucking relentless.

Maybe they were just calling to let you know the place burned to the ground and you don't need to come in anymore.
They saved the phone though. Thumbsup
09-09-2015, 07:04 PM
(09-09-2015 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No pay yesterday. This morning CFO decides we are going to hand write checks for those in dire need. When I say we - I mean the girl that actually does payroll and me who has been forbidden to participate in payroll. SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE A CHECK!!!!!!!!!! Facepalm

So here we are writing checks and have about 80 done when, some have been handed out. CFO says stop - we are going to pick up checks from the payroll company. No more handwritten checks. About half end up not being handed out...then others are returned to us because they want 'real' checks.

My entire day was working on something that isn't my job while my actual job and my extra 'help out the inept billing department' job piles up on my desk.

Payroll girl leaves early to take her dog to the vet - again! This is about 6 times in the last month. Guess who got to work late - yeah, don't ever touch payroll person - me.

I told CFO this whole exercise was like a Chinese Fire Drill or another thing that starts with 'c' and has almost the same number of syllables. Dodgy

And, and...I have to go in at 10 tomorrow for a meeting - yep, Saturday morning meeting. I had to postpone the appointment for my dog in order to make it. I made a Saturday appointment so it wouldn't interfere with work...fancy that.

fml

As a followup to this debacle...yeah, there's more.

This morning payroll/HR girl was late, again. I was in the office when an employee came in and simply fell to pieces. She was not one of the ones who had claimed dire need for a handwritten check and patiently waited for her check. Two weeks earlier her check was late and she incurred bank fees because of it.

She had tried to cash her check Friday and couldn't so she deposited it into the same bank as the check was drawn on Saturday...knowing she wouldn't have access to all of it till yesterday. As of today, the bank told her they wouldn't release the check till the 16th. WTF!

Any way...I called payroll girl who didn't really care. Called my boss an filled him in. He said he would talk to her bank when he got in...I said good 'cause you talk banker very well.

I gave her the twenty bucks I had in my wallet so she could buy a loaf of bread and some cereal and milk.

Long story short - I asked my boss to help her out. He had me write a check to him for $500.00 which he cashed and gave her. She just sobbed, she was so grateful. He also got most of her check released.

The whole thing is a fucked up mess but at least her kids will be able to have a decent meal tonight. Payroll girl is mad at me because I called the boss and made it look like she wasn't doing her job. Well, gee, she wasn't and the employee was telling me that she was ready to put a bullet into her head.

I feel good that I was able to help her. I hate that the company is so screwed up that it was necessary.

Another day in paradise. Undecided

Holy fuck! That's just awful! Omfg!

(09-09-2015 06:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Local firefighter was killed today when he was hit by a truck, the firefighter was at an intersection collecting money for a muscular dystrophy charity when he was confronted by a man in a white pickup, who left, circled back a round and hit the firefighter.

Why do people have to be so fucking stupid. Doesn't matter how angry you get how could run over someone, let alone a firefighter collecting money for a good cause. I hope that son of a bitch spends the rest of his life in jail feeling guilty because he had to be a stupid asshole and kill someone for no reason. Wish I could have been there, would have gladly drove in front of that prick to protect the firefighter, it's sad worthless human beings like him have to exist who can just take an innocent life like that.

That's just fucking heartbreakingly sad.

Sometimes I really wonder about the world. Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-09-2015, 07:06 PM
(09-09-2015 07:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 06:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Local firefighter was killed today when he was hit by a truck, the firefighter was at an intersection collecting money for a muscular dystrophy charity when he was confronted by a man in a white pickup, who left, circled back a round and hit the firefighter.

That's just fucking heartbreakingly sad.

Sometimes I really wonder about the world. Sadcryface

Same Weeping

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze