Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Re: Ranting corner
First off, the firefighter- :'(

Second, I'm whiny again so I won't stay on this thread long. Drama update? This woman answered me with an excuse, an attempt to guilt trip ME, then immediately hid out. I hesitate to use the word in this way, but what a pussy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like mecanna's post
09-09-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-09-2015 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This morning payroll/HR girl was late, again. I was in the office when an employee came in and simply fell to pieces. She was not one of the ones who had claimed dire need for a handwritten check and patiently waited for her check. Two weeks earlier her check was late and she incurred bank fees because of it.

She had tried to cash her check Friday and couldn't so she deposited it into the same bank as the check was drawn on Saturday...knowing she wouldn't have access to all of it till yesterday. As of today, the bank told her they wouldn't release the check till the 16th. WTF!

Any way...I called payroll girl who didn't really care. Called my boss an filled him in. He said he would talk to her bank when he got in...I said good 'cause you talk banker very well.

I gave her the twenty bucks I had in my wallet so she could buy a loaf of bread and some cereal and milk.

Long story short - I asked my boss to help her out. He had me write a check to him for $500.00 which he cashed and gave her. She just sobbed, she was so grateful. He also got most of her check released.

The whole thing is a fucked up mess but at least her kids will be able to have a decent meal tonight. Payroll girl is mad at me because I called the boss and made it look like she wasn't doing her job. Well, gee, she wasn't and the employee was telling me that she was ready to put a bullet into her head.

I feel good that I was able to help her. I hate that the company is so screwed up that it was necessary.

Another day in paradise. Undecided

Is there a way you can report this payroll girl? 'Cos she seems to be a major source of pain for the entire company. I mean, I know you guys are on a downward spiral but this is just fucking ridiculous Sad

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2015, 01:57 AM
Crap. See this is what I get for being adventurous with sleep deprivation. 5 night shifts with 3 hours each day of sleep, and then after my last night going adventuring. I was just following along somewhere he'd been a million times, without him telling me where we were going. I'm 95% positive that was poison ivy we climbed through... And I had asked "tennis shoes or sandals?" "Sandals should be fine." For climbing up a river bank? Dodgy

I am so fucked. I'm going to be a big giant rash when I get to Canada. Goddammit. I'm calling the doctor in a few hours when everything opens and getting a prescription for prednisone. Maybe ask about a solu-medrol injection. It's gonna be ugly when this breaks out. It's gonna be everywhere but underneath where my t-shirt was. My shorts were...well short. Cause they're shorts. Fuuuuuck.

Any pics of the Canada trip posted may be me wrapped in a burka. Sad

Ok, rash hasn't broken out yet. I'm about 18 hours post initial exposure, and then had to go back down the bank 16 hours ago. Hopefully the swelling on my face is just from the mosquito bites - I noticed it at lunch yesterday.

I'm freaking out a bit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-09-2015, 02:19 AM
(10-09-2015 01:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Ok, rash hasn't broken out yet. I'm about 18 hours post initial exposure, and then had to go back down the bank 16 hours ago. Hopefully the swelling on my face is just from the mosquito bites - I noticed it at lunch yesterday.

I'm freaking out a bit.

Don't stress, so far no rash, right? Is a good thing Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-09-2015, 04:32 AM
(09-09-2015 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This morning payroll/HR girl was late, again. I was in the office when an employee came in and simply fell to pieces. She was not one of the ones who had claimed dire need for a handwritten check and patiently waited for her check. Two weeks earlier her check was late and she incurred bank fees because of it.

She had tried to cash her check Friday and couldn't so she deposited it into the same bank as the check was drawn on Saturday...knowing she wouldn't have access to all of it till yesterday. As of today, the bank told her they wouldn't release the check till the 16th. WTF!

Any way...I called payroll girl who didn't really care. Called my boss an filled him in. He said he would talk to her bank when he got in...I said good 'cause you talk banker very well.

I gave her the twenty bucks I had in my wallet so she could buy a loaf of bread and some cereal and milk.

Long story short - I asked my boss to help her out. He had me write a check to him for $500.00 which he cashed and gave her. She just sobbed, she was so grateful. He also got most of her check released.

The whole thing is a fucked up mess but at least her kids will be able to have a decent meal tonight. Payroll girl is mad at me because I called the boss and made it look like she wasn't doing her job. Well, gee, she wasn't and the employee was telling me that she was ready to put a bullet into her head.

I feel good that I was able to help her. I hate that the company is so screwed up that it was necessary.

Another day in paradise. Undecided

Is there a way you can report this payroll girl? 'Cos she seems to be a major source of pain for the entire company. I mean, I know you guys are on a downward spiral but this is just fucking ridiculous Sad

Hug

She is the owner's daughter's best friend. He bought her lunch yesterday. Dodgy

I would accomplish more by banging my head on a wall.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-09-2015, 04:45 AM
(10-09-2015 04:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Is there a way you can report this payroll girl? 'Cos she seems to be a major source of pain for the entire company. I mean, I know you guys are on a downward spiral but this is just fucking ridiculous Sad

Hug

The sooner you're outta there the better. If he's willing to drive his company into the ground for some idiot girl that's his affair. Although I'd suggest pointing it out to him as you're leaving. The guy might not know what's going on.

Why did these twits take you off payroll in the first place, since you seem to be the only one able to do it?

10-09-2015, 05:47 AM
(10-09-2015 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 04:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  She is the owner's daughter's best friend. He bought her lunch yesterday. Dodgy

The sooner you're outta there the better. If he's willing to drive his company into the ground for some idiot girl that's his affair. Although I'd suggest pointing it out to him as you're leaving. The guy might not know what's going on.

Why did these twits take you off payroll in the first place, since you seem to be the only one able to do it?

I don't have time...between banking, AP, AR, and doing work for the billing department, my plate is full. I don't have an assistant or anything so I do all my filing, copying, etc. However, when PR can't keep up, I get pulled into that too. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-09-2015, 05:57 AM
(10-09-2015 01:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Crap. See this is what I get for being adventurous with sleep deprivation. 5 night shifts with 3 hours each day of sleep, and then after my last night going adventuring. I was just following along somewhere he'd been a million times, without him telling me where we were going. I'm 95% positive that was poison ivy we climbed through... And I had asked "tennis shoes or sandals?" "Sandals should be fine." For climbing up a river bank? Dodgy

I am so fucked. I'm going to be a big giant rash when I get to Canada. Goddammit. I'm calling the doctor in a few hours when everything opens and getting a prescription for prednisone. Maybe ask about a solu-medrol injection. It's gonna be ugly when this breaks out. It's gonna be everywhere but underneath where my t-shirt was. My shorts were...well short. Cause they're shorts. Fuuuuuck.

Ok, rash hasn't broken out yet. I'm about 18 hours post initial exposure, and then had to go back down the bank 16 hours ago. Hopefully the swelling on my face is just from the mosquito bites - I noticed it at lunch yesterday.

I'm freaking out a bit.

You see, this is what happens when people go Outside.

Nothing good can come of the Outside.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-09-2015, 06:26 AM
(10-09-2015 04:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Is there a way you can report this payroll girl? 'Cos she seems to be a major source of pain for the entire company. I mean, I know you guys are on a downward spiral but this is just fucking ridiculous Sad

Hug

I still think he's boffing her. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-09-2015, 06:33 AM
(10-09-2015 01:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Crap. See this is what I get for being adventurous with sleep deprivation. 5 night shifts with 3 hours each day of sleep, and then after my last night going adventuring. I was just following along somewhere he'd been a million times, without him telling me where we were going. I'm 95% positive that was poison ivy we climbed through... And I had asked "tennis shoes or sandals?" "Sandals should be fine." For climbing up a river bank? Dodgy

I'm freaking out a bit.

Did you scrub with hot water and soap immediately?

The best over-the-counter treatment I've found is Zanfel®. It clears up the dermatitis in a couple of days.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post