Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-09-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-09-2015 11:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I hope things work out with Rev.

Me? I finally found someone to come out to fix my how water only tp have my chemo pump start beeping telling me there is air in the line. I have turned it off. There is 19 1/2 hours to my hospital appointment. Can I wait or must I go to hospital tonight??? The hot water guy is on his way now. I will wait until he gets here than call the cancer centre and see if there is something I can do at my end.

Meanwhile I feel like crap because I remain dirty from the night sweats last night. Grrrrr. Sad

Thanks, Banjo. Hug

I wish I had advice on the chemo-pump thing, but I don't. Undecided Hopefully there's a way to deal with the air in the line without having to go back into the hospital. Hug

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-09-2015, 11:38 PM
(12-09-2015 11:11 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 11:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It will be okay. Smile I am sure it will all work out. Most landlords just want to rent the property. If the lease is in your name, usually they will just have you put Rev's name down as a person who will be living there. I have rented numerous apartments over the years and I live with my boyfriend. Sometimes I put the lease in my name and sometimes, he put the lease in his name. Never once has a landlord asked to meet whichever one of us was not on the lease. I even rented an apartment online when I was moving from MA to CA. While I don't recommend renting an apartment site unseen, I had to as we needed to move quickly for my bf's job opportunity. They never met me or my bf in person and they were a well-known apartment chain.

Hang in there and breathe. It will all come together and Revs will be there soon. Just focus on that awesomeness. Everything else will work itself out. Smile

Yes, must be zen. Sleepy I'm getting all worked up over here. Blush And poor Rev is asleep over on the East Coast already, unable to stop my worry-train in its tracks. So, gotta do it on my own.

Thanks, Jenny. Hug And Smerc. Hug

You'll be fine Smile. Like I said, I have rented numerous apartments, so if you have any questions on the process etc., feel free to pm me. And to calm yourself down a little bit Tongue -- just remember, you're the kind of tenant landlords would love--you have a good job, are responsible, and stable. And with Revs there, you will have dual income. You have a lot going in your favor.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks EA. Smile

There is nothing they can do. I have decided to turn off the machine and just wait for tomorrow morning. And the pmumber could not fix my hot water service until tomorrow.

It had to happen on a Sunday!!!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-09-2015, 11:49 PM
(12-09-2015 11:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks EA. Smile

There is nothing they can do. I have decided to turn off the machine and just wait for tomorrow morning. And the pmumber could not fix my hot water service until tomorrow.

I don't get my package until tomorrow because it's Sunday Sad Sunday sucks lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
13-09-2015, 12:22 AM
(12-09-2015 11:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 10:51 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks, Jenny. Hug

It's getting so close to me getting a place and then Rev getting here to Texas and I'm all nervous about it. Not about him being here at last (I can't wait for that) but for the potential complications with renting. I worry the landlord will not be keen on the fact that they can't do a face-to-face with Rev before everything is signed. Not sure if that looks "bad" or not. I just don't know. Sad

I mean I haven't even turned in my first application, for christ's sakes, and I'm all... Hobo Facepalm

It will be okay. Smile I am sure it will all work out. Most landlords just want to rent the property. If the lease is in your name, usually they will just have you put Rev's name down as a person who will be living there. I have rented numerous apartments over the years and I live with my boyfriend. Sometimes I put the lease in my name and sometimes, he put the lease in his name. Never once has a landlord asked to meet whichever one of us was not on the lease. I even rented an apartment online when I was moving from MA to CA. While I don't recommend renting an apartment site unseen, I had to as we needed to move quickly for my bf's job opportunity. They never met me or my bf in person and they were a well-known apartment chain.

Hang in there and breathe. It will all come together and Revs will be there soon. Just focus on that awesomeness. Everything else will work itself out. Smile

I've never rented online, but everything else Jen says here comports with my experience.

Don't worry, EA. You're taking action to move your life in a good direction. Take heart in that fact!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
13-09-2015, 12:24 AM
(12-09-2015 11:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks EA. Smile

Gah.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
13-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Gwynnie's face is on my wall
Five feet tall. Big Grin

If you were thinking I was all obnoxious in my exuberance recently, well! I should probably avoid this place for a while. Dang Gwynnies! Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-09-2015, 01:47 AM
(13-09-2015 12:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnie's face is on my wall
Five feet tall. Big Grin

If you were thinking I was all obnoxious in my exuberance recently, well! I should probably avoid this place for a while. Dang Gwynnies! Laugh out load

I know what you'll be doing plenty of.

Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-09-2015, 02:55 AM
(13-09-2015 01:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
Five feet tall. Big Grin

Big Grin

Zee voice of experience Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-09-2015, 08:55 AM
(13-09-2015 01:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
Five feet tall. Big Grin

Big Grin

Drawing. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user