Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-09-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-09-2015 01:58 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you stay up until 4am playing league with your pals and you have an interview in six hours.

LoL?

Yep.

lol

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 02:08 AM
(18-09-2015 02:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 01:58 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you stay up until 4am playing league with your pals and you have an interview in six hours.

LoL?

Yep.

lol

Tongue

[Hates self immensely]
18-09-2015, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 06:37 AM by cactus.)
When I see people latching onto every new pop culture fad or piece of celebrity gossip that pops up, I feel like a total outside observer in a world where everyone else around me is living in some kind of alternate reality. When I'm at a sporting event, and some new top 40 radio song starts playing, and everyone starts ritualistically going through the "Hit The Quan" or "Whip/Nae Nae" dance moves, it makes me die a little bit inside.

It's like I've outgrown trying to be "with it." I guess this sort of stuff has always been a little off-putting to me, though. I remember doing the Macarena in gym class in like 2nd grade, and feeling like everyone else was in on some kind of joke that I didn't get. (You know that old religious saying, "in this world, but not of it"). These things make me feel like I'm watching animals in a zoo who don't realize they're being kept in a cage. Am I just extremely jaded or what? Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
18-09-2015, 06:38 AM
(18-09-2015 06:25 AM)cactus Wrote:  When I see people latching onto every new pop culture fad or piece of celebrity gossip that pops up, I feel like a total outside observer in a world where everyone else around me is living in some kind of alternate reality. When I'm at a sporting event, and some new top 40 radio song starts playing, and everyone starts ritualistically going through the "Hit The Quan" or "Whip/Nae Nae" dance moves, it makes me die a little bit inside.

It's like I've outgrown trying to be "with it." I guess this sort of stuff has always been a little off-putting to me, though. I remember doing the Macarena in gym class in like 2nd grade, and feeling like everyone else was in one some kind of joke that I didn't get. (You know that old religious saying, "in this world, but not of it"). These things make me feel like I'm watching animals in a zoo who don't realize they're being kept in a cage. Am I just extremely jaded or what? Laugh out load

Nah, it's called growing up.

The thing that always amazes me is that shit like "nae nae" can spread through the culture like wildfire so that everyone knows what the fuck it means 24 hours after someone thought it up, but people still don't know the difference between "they're, there, and their" Hobo

I still have no fucking clue what a "nae nae" or a "quan" is...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
18-09-2015, 06:43 AM
(18-09-2015 06:38 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I still have no fucking clue what a "nae nae" or a "quan" is...

I'm still waiting for the inevitable a "Hit the Quran" parody.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
18-09-2015, 06:52 AM
(18-09-2015 06:38 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I still have no fucking clue what a "nae nae" or a "quan" is...

So not googling it. I made that mistake too many times already No

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-09-2015, 06:57 AM
(18-09-2015 06:43 AM)cactus Wrote:  

I'm still waiting for the inevitable a "Hit the Quran" parody.

That's actually how I read it the first time. But then I realized I hadn't heard about anyone being murdered over it, so I probably read it wrong. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
18-09-2015, 10:14 AM
(17-09-2015 06:53 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I just want to find a place to live so my boyfriend can *finally* fly out to Texas! Weeping

That's still not sorted? Just make him live out of a storage locker until something better opens up...

... this is my signature!
18-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Ugh....

Bills bills bills...Why do all the really big bills are due at the beginning of the month?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-09-2015, 12:30 PM
(18-09-2015 10:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 06:53 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I just want to find a place to live so my boyfriend can *finally* fly out to Texas! Weeping

That's still not sorted? Just make him live out of a storage locker until something better opens up...

Well, I'd rather my kids not live out of a storage locker. Tongue