Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-09-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-09-2015 09:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'd thought you died or something.
Hughsie die of a heart attack?

Hughsie is still alive, thankfully. Hasn't died of diabetes yet. Heart

So there's no excuse for him not to come back than?
With DL gone I need someone else to pick on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Re: Ranting corner
I think my mom is losing her damn mind. For this escapade, remember that I get paid weekly to do her housework, shopping, bills, etc.

"Here's X amount of money; let's go to the store so I can see you buy something for yourself for your birthday (instead of paying the bills that desperately need taken care of.)"

Me- picking shit out and counting up the cost. Her- just get those; if it goes a bit over I'll get it. (It went a bit over, maybe 30 bucks.)

At checkout: "I'll put the extra on my card and we can take it off your pay at the end of the week." Oooooh. I start sorting and put a few things to the back. My mother, loudly, as if talking to a spoiled child: "What ARE you doing??! I SAID I was getting that, and I am!"
I pay the extra with the gas bill money. She shoves that amount in my purse. Wth? And I'm gonna pay it back on Thursday? No. I give it back. In the car, she says, "I owe you for my cat food. Just take it." Well that amount was the same as her expensive ass cat food that I picked up, that I was going to get paid for on Thursday. So... she gets to show out in the store and feel like a self-righteous ass while simultaneously getting me to buy what she said was a present?
I'm so fucking lost here.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
23-09-2015, 06:51 AM
(23-09-2015 06:40 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I think my mom is losing her damn mind. For this escapade, remember that I get paid weekly to do her housework, shopping, bills, etc.

"Here's X amount of money; let's go to the store so I can see you buy something for yourself for your birthday (instead of paying the bills that desperately need taken care of.)"

Me- picking shit out and counting up the cost. Her- just get those; if it goes a bit over I'll get it. (It went a bit over, maybe 30 bucks.)

At checkout: "I'll put the extra on my card and we can take it off your pay at the end of the week." Oooooh. I start sorting and put a few things to the back. My mother, loudly, as if talking to a spoiled child: "What ARE you doing??! I SAID I was getting that, and I am!"
I pay the extra with the gas bill money. She shoves that amount in my purse. Wth? And I'm gonna pay it back on Thursday? No. I give it back. In the car, she says, "I owe you for my cat food. Just take it." Well that amount was the same as her expensive ass cat food that I picked up, that I was going to get paid for on Thursday. So... she gets to show out in the store and feel like a self-righteous ass while simultaneously getting me to buy what she said was a present?

Hug Maybe she was trying to do something nice initially and then it got lost along the way? I can't think of anything else. I would be lost too!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-09-2015, 07:40 AM
(23-09-2015 06:40 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I think my mom is losing her damn mind. For this escapade, remember that I get paid weekly to do her housework, shopping, bills, etc.

The next time she offers you a "gift" that way, tell her simply that a card (not a gift-card, an old-fashioned card) is fine. And do not go shopping with her under those circumstances again.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Holy fuck do periods suck! Sadcryface2

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-09-2015, 01:16 PM
(23-09-2015 01:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Holy fuck do periods suck! Sadcryface2
See this I could get in on. . . then you go about mentioning all the other stuff and I'm out.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
23-09-2015, 01:20 PM

Think having one is bad try missing a few. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-09-2015, 01:23 PM

Now, I'm no lady-type, but I was under the impression that the flow went the other way, as it were...

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 01:24 PM

Midol is your friend. Shy

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
23-09-2015, 01:35 PM
(23-09-2015 01:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Now, I'm no lady-type, but I was under the impression that the flow went the other way, as it were...

Periods... drip?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.