Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-09-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Grumble grumble mom is nagging and gets pissed off when I want to hang up.

She goes on a rant about how I'll have to keep the house clean next year (or my brother's house - he'll likely be overseas the next few years) and need to grow up and not everyone likes things messy and how I need to "take my boy to church". Every fucking conversation I have with her is about how messy I am and how I need to take my son to church and she gets mean, really fucking mean, about it. She told me last week that I'm selfish, stupid, crazy, and that my son doesn't deserve me as a mother all because I was going on a trip for a week.

Did I ever mention that she also tells me I look fat quite frequently? I posted a pic a while back from when my son and I did a race together - she said I looked fat in those pics. I was actually quite healthy at 120lbs. I gained back quite a bit before the Vancouver trip and am now back around 120s again - so tomorrow when I return to Huntsville I'm bracing myself for the weight comments. And you wonder why I have issues with food. Jesus fucking Christ.

I may seek out another place to live in my present city when I go back to school next year. I was thinking I'd move home and save money...but Jesus fuck. Nope. Can't do it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
23-09-2015, 05:16 PM
(23-09-2015 05:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Grumble grumble mom is nagging and gets pissed off when I want to hang up.

She goes on a rant about how I'll have to keep the house clean next year (or my brother's house - he'll likely be overseas the next few years) and need to grow up and not everyone likes things messy and how I need to "take my boy to church". Every fucking conversation I have with her is about how messy I am and how I need to take my son to church and she gets mean, really fucking mean, about it. She told me last week that I'm selfish, stupid, crazy, and that my son doesn't deserve me as a mother all because I was going on a trip for a week.

Did I ever mention that she also tells me I look fat quite frequently? I posted a pic a while back from when my son and I did a race together - she said I looked fat in those pics. I was actually quite healthy at 120lbs. I gained back quite a bit before the Vancouver trip and am now back around 120s again - so tomorrow when I return to Huntsville I'm bracing myself for the weight comments. And you wonder why I have issues with food. Jesus fucking Christ.

I may seek out another place to live in my present city when I go back to school next year. I was thinking I'd move home and save money...but Jesus fuck. Nope. Can't do it.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
23-09-2015, 05:22 PM
(23-09-2015 05:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Grumble grumble mom is nagging and gets pissed off when I want to hang up.

Fat??!! Are you kidding me--like not even a little bit. I'm not sure why she's saying that about you--but you look like you are at a healthy weight to me.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Fat? I think she needs to get her eyes checked.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-09-2015, 05:32 PM

and you don't deserve to be treated like that. *Hugs*
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
23-09-2015, 05:42 PM

What.

If I may be so bold, if there is any parent who does not deserve their offsprring, perhaps it's that old undeserving hag.
As a person who is well experienced with fat and stupid (and perhaps the ill-defined 'crazy'), I can tell, you ain't any of those things. But you already know that; you're good Nurse.

Oh how much I would love to personally rip into this petty little creature...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Sadcryface thanks you guys Hug

I know I'm not "fat" (hate to call anyone that...). I'm well aware 118 is the bottom limit for healthy for my height. I also don't keep a scale aty place so I don't drop too low - when I get stressed I'll compete with the number.

And shit like this...is so goddamn triggering. She knows how to push every one of my buttons.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
23-09-2015, 06:12 PM
(23-09-2015 05:56 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sadcryface thanks you guys Hug

I know I'm not "fat" (hate to call anyone that...). I'm well aware 118 is the bottom limit for healthy for my height. I also don't keep a scale aty place so I don't drop too low - when I get stressed I'll compete with the number.

And shit like this...is so goddamn triggering. She knows how to push every one of my buttons.

Hug Don't let her drag you down. You just came back from an amazing adventure and you are wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, witty person. I know it's hard not to let her get to you, but you know who you are as a person and you know you are at a healthy weight. We all think you are just the best! Hold on to that and who cares what she thinks. Heart
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-09-2015, 06:17 PM
(23-09-2015 05:56 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sadcryface thanks you guys Hug

The only thing that is fat is her head.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Having a Nurse moment and cannot open a pickle jar, trying for the past 20 minuets.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post