Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-09-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-09-2015 10:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Having a Nurse moment and cannot open a pickle jar, trying for the past 20 minuets.

Tighten, then open.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 10:22 PM
(23-09-2015 10:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 10:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Having a Nurse moment and cannot open a pickle jar, trying for the past 20 minuets.

Tighten, then open.

I got it finally with a flathead screw driver lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-09-2015, 12:46 AM
(23-09-2015 05:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Grumble grumble mom is nagging and gets pissed off when I want to hang up.

She goes on a rant about how I'll have to keep the house clean next year (or my brother's house - he'll likely be overseas the next few years) and need to grow up and not everyone likes things messy and how I need to "take my boy to church". Every fucking conversation I have with her is about how messy I am and how I need to take my son to church and she gets mean, really fucking mean, about it. She told me last week that I'm selfish, stupid, crazy, and that my son doesn't deserve me as a mother all because I was going on a trip for a week.

Did I ever mention that she also tells me I look fat quite frequently? I posted a pic a while back from when my son and I did a race together - she said I looked fat in those pics. I was actually quite healthy at 120lbs. I gained back quite a bit before the Vancouver trip and am now back around 120s again - so tomorrow when I return to Huntsville I'm bracing myself for the weight comments. And you wonder why I have issues with food. Jesus fucking Christ.

I may seek out another place to live in my present city when I go back to school next year. I was thinking I'd move home and save money...but Jesus fuck. Nope. Can't do it.
You ain't fat. Anyone who has ever seen my pic would say I'm really skinny, and I am around 62kg which is ~135 lbs. If I have your fucking non metric system correct

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-09-2015, 01:02 AM
It's awful when you have to be nice to people when you want to bash their scull. Stupid lady ordered water without ice, when I brought it she complained that there was no ice, then I brought one again, and she complained there was to much ice, then she complained the glass was dirty(which it wasn't,I checked) and when she was finally satisfied with the drink, she complained about the service. Apparently I don't smile. She went till complain to my supervisor, and he said he'll stop me or something, but he assigned me to a different block so the lady wouldn't see me, and apparently she saw me, so she went to complain again.
1. I almost never smile. My smile is a small, almost unnoticeable upwards twitch of my lips.
2. You want me to fucking smile when you're deliberately being such an asshole? Fuck you lady. I hope you die in a slow, antagonizing death. And then I'm visiting your grave to piss on it.

[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
24-09-2015, 02:44 AM
(24-09-2015 01:02 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  2. You want me to fucking smile when you're deliberately being such an asshole?
That's customer service my son.

Quote:Fuck you lady. I hope you die in a slow, antagonizing death. And then I'm visiting your grave to piss on it.
That's why you should be polite to your server Laughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-09-2015, 08:46 AM
We're supposed to write a paper about a misconception and why it factually false. My prof won't let me write a paper about how evolution is factually true and why so many people don't accept it. She said for the entire semester we will stay away from politics and religion. In my head I'm thinking "yeah, why the fuck would we want to challenge peoples' ideas? Let's just let them keep believing bs". She said she "just wants people to be comfortable." Why the fuck are we at college, to be comfortable? No. To learn and have ideas challenged. What an idiotic attitude, religion is one of the most, maybe THE most important social issue and we can't even discuss it for fear of offending people. Anyway now I have to come up with something else to write about.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
24-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(24-09-2015 08:46 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  We're supposed to write a paper about a misconception and why it factually false. My prof won't let me write a paper about how evolution is factually true and why so many people don't accept it. She said for the entire semester we will stay away from politics and religion. In my head I'm thinking "yeah, why the fuck would we want to challenge peoples' ideas? Let's just let them keep believing bs". She said she "just wants people to be comfortable." Why the fuck are we at college, to be comfortable? No. To learn and have ideas challenged. What an idiotic attitude, religion is one of the most, maybe THE most important social issue and we can't even discuss it for fear of offending people. Anyway now I have to come up with something else to write about.

Intelligent Design and why it is false.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-09-2015, 08:57 AM
(24-09-2015 08:46 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  We're supposed to write a paper about a misconception and why it factually false. My prof won't let me write a paper about how evolution is factually true and why so many people don't accept it. She said for the entire semester we will stay away from politics and religion. In my head I'm thinking "yeah, why the fuck would we want to challenge peoples' ideas? Let's just let them keep believing bs". She said she "just wants people to be comfortable." Why the fuck are we at college, to be comfortable? No. To learn and have ideas challenged. What an idiotic attitude, religion is one of the most, maybe THE most important social issue and we can't even discuss it for fear of offending people. Anyway now I have to come up with something else to write about.
Yabut what does evolution have to do with religion or politics? Evolution says nothing about either of them. Tell your prof that.
If not, "why the earth is much older than some people believe"

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
24-09-2015, 09:05 AM
The issue is that I would have to get into why people believe, which is then their religion. The only reason anyone thinks the earth is 6000 years old is the bible. She doesn't want bible attacking. She said we have religion classes for that...

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
24-09-2015, 09:17 AM
(24-09-2015 09:05 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  The issue is that I would have to get into why people believe, which is then their religion. The only reason anyone thinks the earth is 6000 years old is the bible. She doesn't want bible attacking. She said we have religion classes for that...
hmm, why anti vaccine people are wrong?

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post