Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-11-2012 09:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's ridiculous. And Gosling's 151 is way better than Bacardi's 151. Tongue
Says the guy who drinks it with pineapple soda Drinking Beverage
I drank it without pineapple soda to make that assessment. Smartass

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
(05-11-2012 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 09:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  Says the guy who drinks it with pineapple soda Drinking Beverage

I drank it without pineapple soda to make that assessment. Smartass
You drank it without it or simply tried it without it? A world of difference. Anyone who can spoil a good liquor with fruit-flavoured (and pineapple at that!) soda, automatically loses their right to judge the quality of liquors. Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-11-2012, 10:01 AM
(05-11-2012 09:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I drank it without pineapple soda to make that assessment. Smartass
You drank it without it or simply tried it without it? A world of difference. Anyone who can spoil a good liquor with fruit-flavoured (and pineapple at that!) soda, automatically loses their right to judge the quality of liquors. Yes
Dammit woman, why you torment me? Big Grin

People don't drink 151 straight because it is good, they drink it straight 'cause they got no liver. Tongue

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
(05-11-2012 10:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 09:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  You drank it without it or simply tried it without it? A world of difference. Anyone who can spoil a good liquor with fruit-flavoured (and pineapple at that!) soda, automatically loses their right to judge the quality of liquors. Yes

Dammit woman, why you torment me? Big Grin

People don't drink 151 straight because it is good, they drink it straight 'cause they got no liver. Tongue
'Cause I can and 'cause tormenting you still beats translating my crappy book Weeping

I can't drink it straight either, but I take the time to make myself nice, fancy cocktails. Hey, even Coke's better than pine-apple (phewy!) soda. I do enjoy a nice Cuba Libre when I'm not in the mood for concocting something that requires more time.

05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
(05-11-2012 10:09 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 10:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dammit woman, why you torment me? Big Grin

'Cause I can and 'cause tormenting you still beats translating my crappy book Weeping

I can't drink it straight either, but I take the time to make myself nice, fancy cocktails. Hey, even Coke's better than pine-apple (phewy!) soda. I do enjoy a nice Cuba Libre when I'm not in the mood for concocting something that requires more time.
Bet you drink it with your pinky in the air, too. Tongue

Coke becomes instantly flat - and gross - upon exposure to rum. Sure, it would be nice to have some fancy ingredients, but this bottle was a buck fifty, and I'm just a poor government sponsored psycho. Big Grin

living word
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
(05-11-2012 10:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Bet you drink it with your pinky in the air, too. Tongue

Coke becomes instantly flat - and gross - upon exposure to rum. Sure, it would be nice to have some fancy ingredients, but this bottle was a buck fifty, and I'm just a poor government sponsored psycho. Big Grin

With rum is the only way I can tolerate Coke.

Go to 4:00 - there's a definitely a pinky in the air. Yeah, I'm the one who can't seem to let go of her straw and glass Drinking Beverage

Man, I miss this place and (some) of these people soooo much. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Well, we managed to survive Hurricane Sandy with only minimal financial impact (threw out some food 'cos it might have been bad from no refrigerator for 25 hours), but now the usual troubles are back on my mind. Namely how very very close we are to not being able to pay for things. The mortgage is going to be late this month for the first time in quite a while, so that'll be more expensive 'cos we just don't have enough money by the due date. The property taxes really wiped us out this year. So that'll be worse next year unless I can find some way to make some more money. My client (I do data entry work for a music place) is dragging her feet on a project that she wants me (I think) to do, and thankfully in the meanwhile the former owner, whom I'm close to, has helped get some more work for me, though the weather delayed my ability to pick it up last week.

It would be nice if the client would ask me to do their website ('cos she messed up and let it lapse so it has to be built again) and pay me some extra money for that, but the former owner says basically, "Don't hold your breath." I'll have my stupid evil Target credit card paid off before the summer (supposing I don't have to keep trimming back what I pay them each month) so there'll be a little more money after that.

But I'm really scared we're gonna go under. And we have no safety net. I should be trying to find some kind of part time job thing, but I suffer from anxiety disorder and going out in The World is sometimes a very scary thing to me. That and employment opportunities in the local papers have diminished significantly in the last few years. I should try selling my artwork, but I've been too anxious/depressed to make any. I could put up a donate/paypal link on a blog or something, but who wants to read my crap, let alone give me a buck for it? I'm considering trying medication for my emotional stuff again, after trying several kinds a few years back and getting the crap kicked out of me healthwise because of it.

I can surely see why some people need to think SkyDaddy is there for them. I used to be comforted by that, when I was an agnostic. But SkyDaddy ain't gonna pay my bleeping mortgage or taxes. And I don't know how much longer we're going to hold out. Sadcryface

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
05-11-2012, 09:46 PM
God damn it's windy as fuck today.

How am I suppose to ride my motorized bicycle in hardcore wind!?

[Image: oscar.png]
06-11-2012, 03:24 AM
So still watching Game of Thrones in between some sweet Anno 1404/2070 play time.

It doesn't get any less raunchy, still people fucking every second scene and still naked body parts, vaginas, dicks, boobs flapping around in the breeze.
How was this ever on TV?, this must have been a late night show.
Oh well, at least of of the cunts had a rather gruesome death which me my heart or fuzzy and warm with joy.
1 down, 5 cunts to go. Don't know where I stand on the dwarf though, he seems like a bit of a shit stirrer and not a bad guy, he's growing on me.

[Image: oscar.png]
06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I would like to tie my bosses hands behind their back, suspend them by their wrists and see how long it takes for their shoulders to dislocate.

All in a friendly, playfull and by no means illegal way of course.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post