Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-09-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So this person I know commented on my FB page on a meme I posted on the subject of minimum wage increases, she said sometjing along the lines of someone who can't even flip burgers right or whatever doesn't deserve a living wage

A bunch of people started disagreeing with her. Later she sent me a private message informing me I was being blocked, insulting my mother, and calling me drama.

Gotta love christians. Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
30-09-2015, 12:26 AM
(29-09-2015 10:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I didn't have an ice pack, so I pulled a bottle of gin out and rested that on my knee.

Is there nothing booze can't do???
Must have had a long straw, too!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
30-09-2015, 12:34 AM
(30-09-2015 12:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gotta love christians. Lol

Well they love us, don't they Dodgy They love us so much that they'll go to absurd lengths to knock on our doors and tell us the "good news" that they're running a protection racket and we can sign up for the low low price of 10% of our income Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-09-2015, 12:37 AM
(30-09-2015 12:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 12:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gotta love christians. Lol

Well they love us, don't they Dodgy They love us so much that they'll go to absurd lengths to knock on our doors and tell us the "good news" that they're running a protection racket and we can sign up for the low low price of 10% of our income Rolleyes

Right? I'm so done being nice to religious people. They don't deserve it.

I seriously think that girl is crazy.
30-09-2015, 01:31 AM
I wanna move to the Mormon suburb because while technically there's no laws restricting non-mormons from moving there, noone does and so it's all Mormons. I wanna be that annoying atheist guy living at the center of the suburb who "just wont move house".
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
30-09-2015, 02:54 AM
*sigh*...

My 'hooray you're government-issued 'hooray, you're now a student now, so have some future crushing debt to live now' money has been frozen because of paperwork blunders, leaving me with literally no money I can use for things like food and getting to uni.

The group-to-which-I-was-assigned-in-one-of-my-course's experiment has been put on a halt of sorts because we never got cleared to use the Micro-bio labs at the university; because of the bacteria we're to be working with, it can't be done anywhere else, so until we are cleared, we've got nothing to do.

Now my goddamned left arm is doing that thing where it decides it just wants to hurt for no discernible reason thing again...

*sigh*

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-09-2015, 04:30 AM
(29-09-2015 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:14 PM)julep Wrote:  Composer is being a DICK about getting the solo part of his concerto to me. Has ignored at least two emails from my conductor. Afraid I will have to walk into the first tutti rehearsal and sight-read the piece...

What a prat. If he's a professional he should do things properly Angry

He's notorious for being late with his compositions--he's pretty popular in the classical world and takes more commissions than he has time to do. I know at least one of his pieces is more than a year late!

However, this piece is known to be finished, since it premiered last year. (Mine will be the second performance, the first in the Boston area.) So literally all he has to do is tell his assistant to find the part and have it ready for me or the conductor to come pick it up, since he's a professor here in town.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Don't know where else to put this, I'm not sure it's really a rant.

But fuck me, I'm tired. Going home by train and bus drains me. Especially on top of a busy time with loads of social interaction. *Yaaaawn* it's 17:13 here and I'm about ready to go to bed.
30-09-2015, 09:15 AM
(30-09-2015 09:14 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Don't know where else to put this, I'm not sure it's really a rant.

But fuck me, I'm tired. Going home by train and bus drains me. Especially on top of a busy time with loads of social interaction. *Yaaaawn* it's 17:13 here and I'm about ready to go to bed.

Hug aww nishi puffs Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-09-2015, 09:21 AM
(30-09-2015 09:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 09:14 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Don't know where else to put this, I'm not sure it's really a rant.

Hug aww nishi puffs Tongue

Stop touching me.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post