Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-10-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-10-2015 12:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 12:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In other news, I took the kids to get our flu shots. Hubby already got his at work a few weeks ago.

My arm hurts.

I got mine last Monday and Tuesday felt like death on toast. Good grief, I didn't ache that much when I actually HAD the flu last year. Facepalm

I have been really tired the rest of the week but otherwise feeling much better. Shit better work this year - last year, two weeks after the shot I came down with the flu. Dodgy

That's a weird coincidence. I do know some people who have gotten sick from the mist thingy.

We never used to bother with flu shots...then one year we all got sick....it was just awful. I ended up being hospitalized with (they said it was flu related) pneumonia.

I haven't missed a year since. This year they did ask different questions. They wanted to know if I was allergic to latex.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 12:54 PM
(03-10-2015 12:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 12:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I got mine last Monday and Tuesday felt like death on toast. Good grief, I didn't ache that much when I actually HAD the flu last year. Facepalm

I have been really tired the rest of the week but otherwise feeling much better. Shit better work this year - last year, two weeks after the shot I came down with the flu. Dodgy

That's a weird coincidence. I do know some people who have gotten sick from the mist thingy.

We never used to bother with flu shots...then one year we all got sick....it was just awful. I ended up being hospitalized with (they said it was flu related) pneumonia.

I haven't missed a year since. This year they did ask different questions. They wanted to know if I was allergic to latex.

My husband said they asked him all sorts of questions when he got his at work.

The nurse at my doctor's office didn't ask anything other than 'which arm'.

Last year they missed the type of flu going around here...I got one that wasn't in the vaccine I got. My kinda luck. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Grrrrr.... The SO tells me today she needs some brake fluid and can't find the DOT3 (we have DOT3 4 and 5) --- and I know she added some a few weeks ago.... "Leak" I think...

Sure enough -- rear driver's side brake cylinder (Leaking from behind the drum -- the cylinder is the only possibility....).

The ca is 20 years old - and they've never been touched..... THIS is gonna be fun, I think....

4 hours later.... Greasy as hell, it's done.....

I guess I'm lucky... I don't even want to think about what it'd be like out in a cold, wet driveway with a bumper jack and a cheap set of tools...

Having a full service garage with pneumatics, excellent lighting (all LED) and a 2 post lift and every wrench known to mankind make life a bit easier.....

But I still don't like it....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Fucking boys....

I made French toast with some sourdough.

Did they leave me a single piece?

Nope.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-10-2015, 01:30 PM
(03-10-2015 01:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking boys....

I made French toast with some sourdough.

Did they leave me a single piece?

Nope.

Next time use sour milk......

That'll teach 'em...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Young earth creationists are science denying fucktards with no grasp of reality and live in a fucked up fantasy world of delusion and wishful thinking. They are the bane of America's existence and the fact that Ben Carson is even a candidate is one of the many reason I will be moving out of this country as soon as physically possible. Ben Carson is stupid as fuck as in he is mentally deficient in the area of actual science and reason, as is the 40 percent of the US who believe his bullshit. They can go fuck themselves on a doorknob I don't ever want to hear their shit. It's disgusting.

Carry on.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
03-10-2015, 06:25 PM
(03-10-2015 06:20 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Young earth creationists are science denying fucktards with no grasp of reality and live in a fucked up fantasy world of delusion and wishful thinking. They are the bane of America's existence and the fact that Ben Carson is even a candidate is one of the many reason I will be moving out of this country as soon as physically possible. Ben Carson is stupid as fuck as in he is mentally deficient in the area of actual science and reason, as is the 40 percent of the US who believe his bullshit. They can go fuck themselves on a doorknob I don't ever want to hear their shit. It's disgusting.

Carry on.

What do you really think? Wink
03-10-2015, 07:46 PM
(03-10-2015 06:20 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Young earth creationists are science denying fucktards with no grasp of reality and live in a fucked up fantasy world of delusion and wishful thinking. They are the bane of America's existence and the fact that Ben Carson is even a candidate is one of the many reason I will be moving out of this country as soon as physically possible. Ben Carson is stupid as fuck as in he is mentally deficient in the area of actual science and reason, as is the 40 percent of the US who believe his bullshit. They can go fuck themselves on a doorknob I don't ever want to hear their shit. It's disgusting.

Carry on.

Hard to disagree with that. Consider

I might have put it more gently, ... Consider Dodgy

Nah. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 07:47 PM
(03-10-2015 06:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Carry on.

What do you really think? Wink

Yeah, it was a tad too subtle. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 09:31 PM
That awkward moment when you realize you have waaaaaaaaaaay less money than you thought you did...

Looks like it's 2minute noodle time ><
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post