Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-10-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-10-2015 10:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sooooo it looks like I have to rearrange my whole morning schedule.

My older son missed the shuttle to college -- so now he's going to effectively miss a class.

Dodgy

If he takes a bus from home, which is an option, he'd have to get up at 5am to catch the bus at 5:30 to get to the shuttle stop by 7:10. Or I can drive him and be there in 10 minutes.....

Yes bus service is the suburbs is just that bad.

Yes, he's saving money for a car.

A bicycle??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Turns out my mum has something called a trickle charger? Gonna give that a go when hobbit takes a nap.
05-10-2015, 11:05 AM
(05-10-2015 11:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Turns out my mum has something called a trickle charger? Gonna give that a go when hobbit takes a nap.

most trickle chargers are around 1 amp. If your battery is discharged to the point where it won't crank over the engine, you're gonna be waiting a long time...

If the battery is badly discharged - it'd take days to bring it back up...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Hers has 1, 6, 12? At least that's what it says on the thing. Can't hurt to try.
05-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Damn wind is messing up my tea bag hot air balloons. Dodgy

And I can't find my baking soda.

Off to the store here shortly - gonna make "bombs" and rockets with my son. He's decided his rocket will be green: "Blazing Yoshi." I'm a little less original: "Saturn V - Nashville edition."

I'm gonna save the *really* fun homemade explosives for when I'm not in city limits. I doubt Metro's finest would be too thrilled with me making such things with my six year old.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
05-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Dear Waze app - please come up with a ghetto free route option. Like, some sorta algorithm taking into account number of drive by shootings and murders per year. I kinda like not having bullet holes in my car. Thanks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
05-10-2015, 05:06 PM
(05-10-2015 11:11 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hers has 1, 6, 12? At least that's what it says on the thing. Can't hurt to try.

OK.. 12 amp isn't really a trickle charger.. It's almost a real one.... Smile

That would likely get you charged pretty close to full overnight... (unless the battery is completely flat)

05-10-2015, 05:10 PM
(05-10-2015 05:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Dear Waze app - please come up with a ghetto free route option. Like, some sorta algorithm taking into account number of drive by shootings and murders per year. I kinda like not having bullet holes in my car. Thanks.

My GPS always wants me to take a toll road, even when it's out of the way. I think Garmin gets kickbacks. Dodgy

I used to get to tour the seedier side of Dallas when I was seeing docs at Baylor downtown. Nothing gives me the warm fuzzies quite like bars on the windows of houses and businesses. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-10-2015, 05:24 PM
(05-10-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Dear Waze app - please come up with a ghetto free route option. Like, some sorta algorithm taking into account number of drive by shootings and murders per year. I kinda like not having bullet holes in my car. Thanks.

My GPS always wants me to take a toll road, even when it's out of the way. I think Garmin gets kickbacks. Dodgy

I used to get to tour the seedier side of Dallas when I was seeing docs at Baylor downtown. Nothing gives me the warm fuzzies quite like bars on the windows of houses and businesses. Undecided

Had a GPS tell me once to make an Illegal U-Turn. I think they are all just planning to piss off the human race.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-10-2015, 06:16 PM
(05-10-2015 05:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My GPS always wants me to take a toll road, even when it's out of the way. I think Garmin gets kickbacks. Dodgy

Had a GPS tell me once to make an Illegal U-Turn. I think they are all just planning to piss off the human race.

My favorite was having the GPS tell me to cross Lake Ray Hubbard...before that particular road/bridge had been completed. Facepalm

It even showed my car icon moving over the water...my icon is a rubber duck so maybe that was the problem. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post