Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-10-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-10-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Dear Waze app - please come up with a ghetto free route option. Like, some sorta algorithm taking into account number of drive by shootings and murders per year. I kinda like not having bullet holes in my car. Thanks.

My GPS always wants me to take a toll road, even when it's out of the way. I think Garmin gets kickbacks. Dodgy

I used to get to tour the seedier side of Dallas when I was seeing docs at Baylor downtown. Nothing gives me the warm fuzzies quite like bars on the windows of houses and businesses. Undecided

Nothing's quite like driving down the road at 5 pm with cops chasing and tackling the residents. Fun stuff with my son in the car. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 06:47 PM
(05-10-2015 06:43 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My GPS always wants me to take a toll road, even when it's out of the way. I think Garmin gets kickbacks. Dodgy

I used to get to tour the seedier side of Dallas when I was seeing docs at Baylor downtown. Nothing gives me the warm fuzzies quite like bars on the windows of houses and businesses. Undecided

Nothing's quite like driving down the road at 5 pm with cops chasing and tackling the residents. Fun stuff with my son in the car. Dodgy

One wrong turn on my way to an appointment and I would have needed body armor. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-10-2015, 06:55 PM
(05-10-2015 05:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Dear Waze app - please come up with a ghetto free route option. Like, some sorta algorithm taking into account number of drive by shootings and murders per year. I kinda like not having bullet holes in my car. Thanks.

We're having a rough time in Raleigh with GPS. Maps aren't updated, so cops in the area are used to people turning the wrong way onto one-way streets.

I once used it and it brought me right into a ghetto. I'm talking big dude in the street who slowly walked out of the road. It was so much fun.
05-10-2015, 08:54 PM
So Jumpstarting didn't help. Wish I could just get a new car.

One with 4 doors and runs lol I'm a simple girl.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Jesus Christ work pisses me off.
It's either feast or famine with them.

Made even worst because my bitch of a team leader is taking the team because my supervisor (one of the good ones) is away for a week or something. Last month or so she's been leaving at like 8 oclock and the supervisor has been taking the team till 1am which has been fantastic. Though last night she took the team and of course she was up to her usual bullshit such as getting me to sweep the entire store at 5minutes to 1 (we finish at 1). It's a half an hour job... Needless to say it wasn't done properly because it can't be done in 5minutes. And as I was leaving she had a massive bitch that the floor hadn't been swept.. well yea, no shit bitch, if you make us work till 12:30 and than get us to do rubbish (and we had a lot of it) and throw ups (we had a lot of them too) and everything else we do at the end of the night that usually takes a good hour to an hour and a half, shit aint getting done.

Like, I know she knows it takes us longer than half an hour to clean up at the end of the night. She does this shit on purpose. When we're given the entire canyon to change out, taking away dollar deals (imagine a cluster fuck of stock just being randomly chucked onto a box and being called a "display" it's a fucking mess) and replacing it with Christmas displays, they don't expect us to do it all in one night. I know my bosses boss, he doesn't expect us to do all that in one night. But nooooooooooo my team leader is fucking Mrs Hitler over here and we're the Jews.

Oh well, not my problem now that we've been given the green light to go at 1am on the dot.
She bitched about the floor not being swept, I shrugged and left. Assumingly some of the other staff, my coworkers, rolled over and took it up the ass and stayed behind (for free) and swept it. Fuck them, if they wanna do that for that bitch nobody likes that's on them. Same with fucking security. Doing the carpark last night (trolleys, rubbish, sweeping), the upstairs bins (which with some recent changes are no longer my concern) were overflowing. Now normally a do do them but it's now not my problem so I left them. And what does the other security guard do? He fucking does them despite me telling him to leave them (and I'm senior security so I can boss him around) that they will never learn if you do it for them.

I work with retards. Retards that are terrified of management. They seem to think they can be fired for anything and everything (which they can't), including stuff that isn't their problem (such as sweeping the floor or changing the rubbish bins).

Whatever.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-10-2015, 09:21 PM
So SC is under water and daughter is in a mood and not speaking to any of us. If it weren't for her rantings and ravings on Facebook about everything else, we wouldn't know if she was okay.

She's apparently pissed that everyone is closed and she can't go buy new tires because of the flooding. Facepalm

Saw pics of granddaughter today that someone else posted but nothing about grandson...who is probably with his other grandmother who happens to live by one of the flooded lakes.

It's a damn mess around where we used to live and my family home (The Outer Banks) is screwed again. The pictures I am seeing of both places are troublesome. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-10-2015, 12:51 AM
(05-10-2015 09:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a damn mess around where we used to live and my family home (The Outer Banks) is screwed again. The pictures I am seeing of both places are troublesome. Undecided
Yeah, I saw that Hwy 12 is in shambles.
06-10-2015, 06:32 AM
So my manager (the one who I recently said was shit but he's alright now), comes down and starts talking to me while I'm on security. Apparently "people" feel like I am not being myself lately and were wondering if something was wrong. This is after my team leader the other week dragged me into the office and asked the same friggin question.

Apparently, when I was working day shifts my then manager (the dude in charge of the whole store) said that I was "the only one he could get any work out of" and "was very hard working". Which is a vast contrast to what my nightshift team leader is saying.And thusly they think there is an issue.

I said all was good but of course there is an issue, my team leader is fucking Mrs Hitler bitch who deserves nothing but bare minimum effort from me. Thinking about it throughout the night I think I'm just gonna tell him. Walk into his office and he like "yea, there's an issue, I hate *team leaders name*. I have no respect for her and neither does the team." and go on some sort of monologue rant about all the shit things she does. The issue with doing that though is that it reflects poorly on me as well and they can't do anything about it and the only solution is me getting over it. Thus why I haven't said anything. That and because if any action was taken to lessen the shit things she does than she's gonna know I bitched about her which is just gonna make her MORE of a bitch.

This might be a yolo situation. Consider

Oh and I got a $1.65 an hour pay rise.

[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
06-10-2015, 06:48 AM
OH and I didn't work 25 hours I worked 37, and my pay rate is like $2 higher (got $1.65 pay rise for my security wage (yay $19 an hour) and an extra 0.30c on my night shift wage) than I thought.
Forgot that the pay period ends on Friday, so if I work Saturday and Sunday after the cut off Friday those days go towards my next paycheck (which happened in this case).

Pheww, I thought I was gonna have to give up the vanilla coke for 2 weeks for a second there.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-10-2015, 07:31 AM
(06-10-2015 06:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my manager (the one who I recently said was shit but he's alright now), comes down and starts talking to me while I'm on security. Apparently "people" feel like I am not being myself lately and were wondering if something was wrong. This is after my team leader the other week dragged me into the office and asked the same friggin question.

Apparently, when I was working day shifts my then manager (the dude in charge of the whole store) said that I was "the only one he could get any work out of" and "was very hard working". Which is a vast contrast to what my nightshift team leader is saying.And thusly they think there is an issue.

I said all was good but of course there is an issue, my team leader is fucking Mrs Hitler bitch who deserves nothing but bare minimum effort from me. Thinking about it throughout the night I think I'm just gonna tell him. Walk into his office and he like "yea, there's an issue, I hate *team leaders name*. I have no respect for her and neither does the team." and go on some sort of monologue rant about all the shit things she does. The issue with doing that though is that it reflects poorly on me as well and they can't do anything about it and the only solution is me getting over it. Thus why I haven't said anything. That and because if any action was taken to lessen the shit things she does than she's gonna know I bitched about her which is just gonna make her MORE of a bitch.

This might be a yolo situation. Consider

Oh and I got a $1.65 an hour pay rise.

Again, I say to you: Fuck that fucking fucker. Go into the main manager's office and let him know exactly what's going on. Shit ain't gonna improve unless someone stands up to the bitch that's making life hell. If they've noticed a change in your work ethic enough to think there might be something wrong, they probably actually want to know about it. So, let them know. I'd recommend an attempt at tact, though. Get mad, but stay calm. Enumerate all the bullshit and idiocy that she's putting your team through and let them deal with it. If they're a good manager, they'll handle it.

Life is too fucking short to deal with idiot supervisors on a power trip.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post